PDA

View Full Version : I'm New, Sayin Hey (Cheesy, I Know)

JBona
11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
whats up all. just joined today, and im already in love with the site.

i have an 89 Coupe DX that I've had since i got my license. the first few years i had it, i just heated the springs and threw a muffler on it and a stereo.
then last year, i blew my motor, so i got a 90 4dr, and got into the honda tuning and shit. i put an h22 in it and had some other stuff done to it.

now thats gone and i have since brought back my 3gee. got another motor for it (same motor), and decided to do the bodywork and i changed it from white to black. it still is in gloss primer now, but will be getting real paint in the spring.

i never got into modding my 3gee because it was so hard to find shit for it, which is the very reason i instantly fell in love with this site. right now im looking for ideas on appearance and suspension and such. the motor will eventually be a turbo GSR, but who knows when that will happen.

for now im lookin for ideas and to share my own knowledge when i can. money IS an object, labor is not, and resources usually arent. and also, like i mentioned...i mostly just know the mechanical aspect of cars right now, but im looking to get into the rest of it with my 3gee.

also, im in NH, so anyone from New England, theres one more 3gee member here.

cubert
11-03-2008, 03:37 PM
welcome to the site :thumbup:

glad to see another NH member...now dont be like all the others and fall off the face of the earth :lol:

Any pics of the car?

JBona
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
just the one for now, just took it today. my dad has a 94 jetta for a winter car, so i threw his wheels on it for now, to have somethin better than the stock steelies

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/Southern22Cowboy/3gee/JettaWheels.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
i like the rims ! car looks nice! :D

JBona
11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
thanks. its not bad for a "start." i just feel like its BEGGING me to do some real modding to it

cubert
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
car looks good! If you ever need any help with anything or wanna do a junkyard run hit me up...I live in Nashua and work in manchester so im not far.

JBona
11-03-2008, 04:43 PM
car looks good! If you ever need any help with anything or wanna do a junkyard run hit me up...I live in Nashua and work in manchester so im not far.

yeah, for sure. same for you. i feel i have a good mechanical knowledge, and i have a lift and fairly big garage, so id be happy to help you out too. and im always down for junkyard runs...always SOMETHING cool to find

fogged
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
:welcome: YES another coupe......I was about to call this a 3G hatchie site. I like the body it looks real clean. Not a big fan of the wheels, but they look good on it.
Just remeber... Coupes rule, Hatchies drool, and 4 doors are for mothers..........:wave:

codyJDM
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
:welcome: YES another coupe......I was about to call this a 3G hatchie site. I like the body it looks real clean. Not a big fan of the wheels, but they look good on it.
Just remeber... Coupes rule, Hatchies drool, and 4 doors are for mothers..........:wave:

It's all about the hatch! :tongue:

Your car is clean! Welcome to the site you'll love it here.

Civic Accord Honda
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM

:P hatch>sedan>coupe no offense i like coupes too just not as much as hatchs and sedans id still be happy to own one :)

A18A
11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
i usually hate 4 spoke rims, but those look pretty good, nice stuff

86ccord
11-03-2008, 05:34 PM
car looks good bro! :welcome:

redaztec
11-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Welcome!

JBona
11-03-2008, 06:07 PM

haha yeah i noticed alot of hatchies too. im not particularly a big fan, but i wont say they cant look good. ive seen some real nice ones on here. and 4drs just arent for me. i had a 90 4dr, and it was just too big and heavy.
im not a big fan of the rims either, but like i said, i just took them off my dads jetta for a few months while he's away because it DEFINITELY beats the steelies, haha. im most likely gonna end up with a set of civic si wheels, teggy ls meshies, or rota gt3's. i just dont have the money for anything yet...got alot of debt to take care of, as well as a new project im starting at the same time. 500hp V8 Nissan 300zx :rockon: but this is and always will be my first car, and most reliable daily driver i will ever own, so it's gotta be nice, lol

and i did alot of body work to make it look that clean. you cant really tell from the pic, but i still have quite a bit more to do, but whats left is all like inside the fenders and trunk and shit. i think im going to start getting into fiberglass for my rust fixes. anyone else know about fiberglassing?

JBona
11-03-2008, 06:08 PM
i also usually HATE 4 spoke rims, but i must say, i dont think they look particularly bad on my car for the time being. nothing to keep long term, but pretty good for free and short term.

Civic Accord Honda
11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
do the civic si rims they look sex on a 3g!

JBona
11-03-2008, 06:15 PM
they are my first choice. they look amazing on ANY honda product. (even lawnmowers, HAH)

Dr_Snooz
11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Car looks good. Welcome!

Pico
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Clean Coupe..:welcome: to the forum

MessyHonda
11-08-2008, 11:43 AM
welcome to the site

Rendon LX-i
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome man i like that coupe they are little heavyer then a 4door and a hatch but the flat black and some Ls mesh wheel paint gloss black and the lip red would look insane bro...My fist set of wheels was 94 Gsr Fat fives lol....sold em for 150 with new falkens 195/50/15 lol What a miskate BUT welcome to 3geez alot of info on this site...

Rendonlxi