PDA

View Full Version : 3G Coilovers - need feedback

k.steele
11-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I read that thread about what was available as far as coilovers for the 3G accord. I've been waiting a long time for full coilovers for my car and I think I might have found a solution. My friend owns a suspension company and he said he was willing to make full coilovers for the 3G as long as I can 20 sets confirmed. His company is a reputable suspension company called Function and Form (http://www.f2autolife.com/). I currently run his Type I suspension on my del sol and it rides great. He can do either Type I or Type II's. Which ever I can get 20 sets confirmed. The Type I's are only height adjustable while the Type II's are fully adjustable (my 1st choice). Let me know if anyone is interested. I believe the price was like $700 for Type I's and around $1000 for Type II's, but I will find out the exact price if I can get the interest. Thanks so much guys.

ghettogeddy
11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
i would so do it if i had 700 witch is most liky the ones you would get sold the fastest
but sadly i dont think there are 20 people that would feel the same lol

k.steele
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I hope that's not the case, cause I really need a set. Think about it, ground control sleeves are already listed at $339! For a lil more you can get a full coilover.

ghettogeddy
11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
I hope that's not the case, cause I really need a set. Think about it, ground control sleeves are already listed at $339! For a lil more you can get a full coilover.

i have dropzone sports noy and there only 120 lol

i really wish i had the cash or i would

turabaka
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I'd be interested to know how much a set of type II's would cost cause I might be interested to save my money up for a set of those.

codyJDM
11-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I would kill to have F&F coilovers. I'm in on this, I'd definitely save up if a group buy will actually happen.

k.steele
11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
well, it wouldn't be right now. I would probably only need a 50% deposit cuz, the lead time is like 3 months or so.

k.steele
11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks CodyJDM. 19 more to go. and to turabaka, it's in the original post.

turabaka
11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks CodyJDM. 19 more to go. and to turabaka, it's in the original post.

Oop. Just noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out. You can sign me up for a set of type II's

k.steele
11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
no problem turabaka. 18 more to go...!

RobT5580
11-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I would consider it but i need to do some reseach as i am looking for a high end setup. I was working on piecing together some Tein's and they have a new program coming out in 2009 that might help me out.

MessyHonda
11-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I would consider it but i need to do some reseach as i am looking for a high end setup. I was working on piecing together some Tein's and they have a new program coming out in 2009 that might help me out.

if some one really wanted a hardcore suspension...they would start by doing a rollcage and adding some braces to everything then i would worry about the suspension

Legend_master
11-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Honestly for that price, why not jsut do the D2 coilover. YOu can get them in any spring rate you want. They are hight and, and dampening adjustable. The set runs $250 a corner ($1000.00 a set), and I havent had no problems with them yet. There is no wait time, and you just need to place the order.

markmdz89hatch
11-11-2008, 07:11 AM
hmmm....

First, let's get some specs on those Type1's and Type2's. The site (which is way too froofy IMO) does not give any details about spring rates, dampening rates, etc. While I would love to think that common sense plays a part in manufacturing any full-bodied c/o setup, I can't just assume it to be true. That said, we'll need both the specs on the springs, as well as the dampening rates on the struts/dampeners. Without that, let's not all just be trigger happy on committing ourselves for a set.

I'm all for a sweet setup, and at the price of even 1K, that's not bad at all. A full set of Koni reds will run someone over $400, then to get them revalved, rebuilt, and externally adjustable, that's another $1400 on top of the $400, then there's a set of decent springs for $200+. So to put it in perspective, $1000 for a full set that will (pending response) accomplish the same thing is a bargain.

We just need to know what we're looking at. Also, what sort of warranty do these things have? Can he make a one-off set with custom height strut bodies, custom valving, custom spring rates, etc?

k.steele -> Please check your PM's.

Hash_man_Se_i
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I would be up for it if it was something like PIC coilovers, but I have my doubts about f2 coilovers.

I would only drop the money on coilovers now if it was a significant upgrade from my ground controls/koni/tokico setup.

RobT5580
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
if some one really wanted a hardcore suspension...they would start by doing a rollcage and adding some braces to everything then i would worry about the suspension

I have plans to put a cage in my car but thats not something i can transfer from chassis to chassis so im holding off plus im not anywhere near ready for that either. Im considering building on a new chassis if i can find a nice one that is rust free or close.

86AccordLxi
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Honestly for that price, why not jsut do the D2 coilover. YOu can get them in any spring rate you want. They are hight and, and dampening adjustable. The set runs $250 a corner ($1000.00 a set), and I havent had no problems with them yet. There is no wait time, and you just need to place the order.

They're the same thing as d2s -- ksport, d2, F/F, AMR -- all they same, just different colored.

They tend to blow/leak, and have poor dampening even when they're *not* blown. I would urge everyone to do their own research (and not just listen to LM) to see how these coils hold up for other makes/models of cars.

Despite the fact that you will say otherwise, I don't have any friends who've run them who'd actually recommend them to anyone else.

RobT5580
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
They're the same thing as d2s -- ksport, d2, F/F, AMR -- all they same, just different colored.

They tend to blow/leak, and have poor dampening even when they're *not* blown. I would urge everyone to do their own research (and not just listen to LM) to see how these coils hold up for other makes/models of cars.

Despite the fact that you will say otherwise, I don't have any friends who've run them who'd actually recommend them to anyone else.

I appreciate this because i have been looking into this and i want a high end product that i can depend on. I would hate to settle on something that is not what i want or that will fail pre-maturely. Im still holding up for Tein but i have to wait until the new year to see if they can help me out with a new program they are starting.

If i can't find a decent set i will just bite the bullet and have my Koni's converted and get the Ground Controls but i would rather have a full body coil over setup.

86AccordLxi
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, full body are nice. koni/gc will usually clown all over them though.

I would shy away from this stuff, though, it would be nice to have them available. The chances of 20 people ponying up $1k each is non-existent here, so I don't think there's much/any chance of this happening.