PDA

View Full Version : having billet swap mounts made.

OldSkoolA20accord
11-04-2008, 09:05 PM
if anyone has or can draw up some blue prints of their b-series mounts i can machine them on the cnc at my school. my teacher already told me it was cool if i paid for the aluminum.

if someone can come up with the prints i can have these made up and everyone will have a b series in their 3 gee.:rockon:

havnt been on in forever. was going to haul my car to the scrap yard. but just realized how much potential it has and how much i love that car.

OldSkoolA20accord
11-05-2008, 06:41 PM
no one?

EricW
11-05-2008, 06:53 PM
To my knowledge no one has ever made any blueprints for mounts. I know there are some pictures on here somewhere of the place racing b-series mounts for our car.

EricW
11-05-2008, 07:00 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63156

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60196&highlight=series+mounts&page=2

evil88accordLX
11-06-2008, 09:46 AM
if someone was willing to send me some (not for keeps, just a day or two) i could easily draw plans for them. i draw blueprints professionally with AutoCAD. they are very simple pieces, but i need them in my hands for exact measurements. rough guesstimations will not work. id be using a micrometer. anyone willing to send me a set? i promise they would be returned promptly.

Accordtheory
11-06-2008, 10:07 AM
There is no point. People are all talk when it comes to this. People start new threads and PM me all the time about this, but how many threads do you see where people actually followed through with it? That's just the way it is..

evil88accordLX
11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
okay well the offer for drawing blueprints is there if anyone wants to follow through.

Civic Accord Honda
11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
problem is no one wants to send there mounts in or get them blue printed cause they want them to stay rare =/ if i had a set i would send them to you =/

evil88accordLX
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
thats ridiculous. its a motor mount, not a baseball card.

stat1K
11-06-2008, 12:33 PM
you sound a lot like me evil... we've been through this on numerous occassions just ask hashman_sei

evil88accordLX
11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
well if i ever get my hands on some we will have blueprints. personally i dont want a b-series in my car, so i wont be paying out the ass to get some just for drawing plans. but if it happens ill for sure let y'all know.

cygnus x-1
11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
well if i ever get my hands on some we will have blueprints. personally i dont want a b-series in my car, so i wont be paying out the ass to get some just for drawing plans. but if it happens ill for sure let y'all know.

And this is precisely the problem. No one wants to pay out the ass to do a B swap. I certainly don't either.

C|

evil88accordLX
11-06-2008, 10:21 PM
And this is precisely the problem. No one wants to pay out the ass to do a B swap. I certainly don't either.

C|

id rather put a b in a crx. i dont want a fast family sedan. otherwise i would buy the mounts.

mykwikcoupe
11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
not really rare lots on the board have them we just chose not to use them bu store them for a rainy day.

Tomisimo
11-07-2008, 01:39 AM
you dont make engine mounts of aluminum! I wodnt buy those if they were made from that material. High grade steel is way to go..

Anyhow I must agree with ya'll ppl, there is talking but nothing ever happens. And I dont understand why all those ppl who have em is so greedy to share with all of us. Arnt we a clan here, I mean 3Geez fans who are serious about there cars.

rfiks
11-07-2008, 04:10 AM
you dont make engine mounts of aluminum! I wodnt buy those if they were made from that material. High grade steel is way to go..

Anyhow I must agree with ya'll ppl, there is talking but nothing ever happens. And I dont understand why all those ppl who have em is so greedy to share with all of us. Arnt we a clan here, I mean 3Geez fans who are serious about there cars.:werd::rocket::chainsaw::gun::stick:

A18A
11-07-2008, 05:38 AM
why not just get a B motor, stick it in the engine bay to wear it looks standard, and make your mounts from there?

evil88accordLX
11-07-2008, 08:38 AM

Anyhow I must agree with ya'll ppl, there is talking but nothing ever happens. And I dont understand why all those ppl who have em is so greedy to share with all of us. Arnt we a clan here, I mean 3Geez fans who are serious about there cars.

hasport makes their mounts from 6061 T-6 aluminum.

cygnus x-1
11-07-2008, 08:46 AM

(EDIT: DOH! ^^^^^ Beat me to it.)
Somebody makes aluminum mounts:
http://www.hasport.com/products/mounts.htm

Aluminum is fine but I wouldn't use it because it costs more. Machining a mount from a billet would cost a fortune here in the US because of material and labor costs. You could do it in China for cheap.

And you're missing the point about why no one is making mounts. It's not greed, it's simple economics. There are just not enough people interested to make it cost effective to make them. Even if there were complete plans with CAD/CAM files ready to go, there is still machining time, tooling, and material cost. If they're steel parts there will be some bending and welding. And then they have to be cleaned up and painted/powder coated. And then shipped to whomever wants them. All of that costs money that no one is willing to spend. If someone wants to sacrifice their own time to do all of these things for free or really cheap, that's great! But *expecting* people to do so is ridiculous.

The very few people that *are* willing to pay for them, will either wait until they find a set for sale, or they will pay to have them made, or make their own.

C|

MessyHonda
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
id rather put a b in a crx. i dont want a fast family sedan. otherwise i would buy the mounts.

my sedan is fast...but im a guy...i want faster...just like my girls...the one with the bigger tits get the back seat...haha

Strahan
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
How much do the mounts generally go for, when you can find them? If it's not horrible, I'd buy a set for blueprinting. Some day I'd like to swap a B in, but probably not for awhile.

MessyHonda
11-08-2008, 01:39 PM
i was willing to pay 400 bucks till that ebay fag didnt send them....i got half my money back....oh well...i work at a bank so i know ppl that know ppl

86ccord
11-08-2008, 02:14 PM
yo, i love having a fast sedan.. cause look at it.. most cars that are fast have two doors.. 3geez are already unique.. so shit.. lets have a unique fast sedan..

evil88accordLX
11-08-2008, 03:21 PM
my sedan is fast...but im a guy...i want faster...just like my girls...the one with the bigger tits get the back seat...haha

im also a guy. i like not drawing attention to myself at this moment, so ill stick with slow and boring. its like roadway camo, just blends in and that keeps me outta trouble.

MessyHonda
11-09-2008, 11:34 PM
im also a guy. i like not drawing attention to myself at this moment, so ill stick with slow and boring. its like roadway camo, just blends in and that keeps me outta trouble.

lol yeah i should slow down a bit sometimes but its fun to floor it when i have a stage 2 cam

labeledsk8r
11-09-2008, 11:51 PM
people complainging about not wanting a fast "sedan" you do know theres coupes and hatches right? lol

but i agree with everyone else.. these threads get started every 6-10 months... and never get passed this.. but please someone prove me rong

evil88accordLX
11-10-2008, 12:00 AM
i wasnt complaining. and yes im fully aware of the hatches and coupes. but i own a sedan and was speaking on my own behalf.

x2 on proving you wrong by the way.

RobT5580
12-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I have a set for sale at the moment if anyone is interested please PM me. As far as making copies i would not bother because people are only looking to reduce the cost and the reality of you actually selling them are slim here. This has been going on for some time now and the truth of the matter is even if you could cut costs by $100 or perhaps $200 how many people will jump on it. Plus you need more than the mounts to do the swap.

The only drawback i see from doing aluminum is most people will want to or should weld in the rear and tranny side mounts. I have seen the rear crack the rear cross-member so i definately would recommend welding them in.

2drSE-i
12-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I have to disagree a bit, i think costs would be cut quite a bit. Free blueprints + free CNC time. Only problem is coming up with a set to copy. Oh and finding serious buyers. Oh and transferring them to three different people....

Too many problems and too high of a price for most people on this board. Its been talked about before.

RobT5580
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I know how it is because i did a group buy for big brake kit adaptors a while back and i cut the cost down significantly but when the product was produced everyone bailed out. I ended up taking money out of my own pocket but i was going to do the project regaurdless for myself but i tried to help out 3geez and i had a lot of people interested until it came time to pay.

On another note if people can't afford $500 for mounts then they probably can't afford the rest of the hardware nevermind the actual B-series motor.

stevearino80
12-19-2008, 08:33 PM
good point rob, so can somebody tell me where i can find b series mounts...need em!