PDA

View Full Version : diy multiple map sensor mod

89sei89dx
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
i was wondering if i do this mod . can i put a 91 integra map sensor on it. i have 1 and its 3 wires as ours are. but will this work like putting a a 4th or 5th gen accord map on it. will it be thhe same as what u are talkin bout . what do u guys think. and does anyone know what wires i would match to get it to work.also i have removed the black box and alot of the sensors in it and im gonna try to put some pics of that and details on how to do it on here. i have had no negative performance or mpg problems. all i have left now is the map. ignitin controll module and cvc ..constant vac controll. does any oneknow if i needto keep the cvc .ihaave 3 vac lines left comin off the passenger side. and im in the procees of tucking them out of thhe way and cleaning it all up and gettin the stock metal vac lines off the manifold.

Pico
11-05-2008, 08:12 PM
It's been done with the 3g and 4g sensors, here's the link http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61700

Civic Accord Honda
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
idk if a integra one would be a upgrade as its a 1.8 and our cars are 2.0

Accordtheory
11-06-2008, 09:51 AM
If the voltage output vs press is the same, (probably is) you could even run a newer integra map sensor right on the throttle body with a b series manifold too. That would be nice and clean.

89sei89dx
11-08-2008, 11:30 AM
thanks for the input guys. im still wonderin. i got a 91 integra with the b18. for 150 bucks. it runs hella good when i can get it started. it has a problem starting . it will turnover and over but not start. just keep turnin over till the battery dies. ive tested thhe coil and ign controll module thatare in the dist. and they test the same as brand new ones at autozone test. so we ruled those out . and ive checked the timing spark and fuel. cant get it to start. but we. did get it started a couple of times drove it up the road and it ran awesome . but after i turned it off it has trouble starting again. so ive been fixin up my hatch and thinkin about switching the map and see if thhe integra map is any better than ours. im gonna try and let u all know how it works . i looked on internet last night and it said that the map for that year teg is also replacement for 91 to 93 legend.. 91to 96 nsx.. 92 to 93 civic.. 93 del sole and 92 to 93 prelude. so if thhat is any better info do uguys have any ideas whheather it will work or not.thanks alot .i really appreciate all the good info on hhere. this site is alot of hhhelp. ....but. its so hard to find info whheni search. ialways do that first becouse i try. ilooked for info on here for months for removing sensors and vac lines off the fi but it came up with so many other posts.that iwould end up lookin for hours most the time. i recently looked at preludde power for like ten minutes , in the 2nd gen section and found all ineeded. .i do love this site tho. thanks. also i got a broken keyboard sosorry for double letters and spelling n stuff:blah::blah:

89sei89dx
11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
also i live in washington around yakima. and i got two coupes.and my hatch i drive now and a bunch of parts. i would trade parts or somthin if anyone has a headed and/or 272 cam. but i dont have money to gobuy those two parts yet. those are what i really want to put on it . ive done most everythhing i can with bolt ons and got all the parts to turbo the car accept a turbo manifold and injectors.. but for now i dontsee thhe turbo really gettin done very soon so im lookin for a header for now. plus i havent upgraded the pistons rods or block yet. or a valve job. so all thhats later.thanks for all ur info on here guys .also i really want to keepmy b18 formy hhatch later.