PDA

View Full Version : beeping thing

rfiks
11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
does any1 know where the beeping thing in the dash is located so i can :pc:it, or does any1 know where i can find the :gun:guy that invented this worthless peesa S#!t? i gave my friend a ride home 2day and i beep-beep-beep-beep-beeped alllllllllllll theeeeeeeeeee waaaaaaaaaayyy home... Please Help Me!:violin:

Pico
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
it's located on the cover below your steering wheel I think

Oldblueaccord
11-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Seat belt charm ?? You have to completly shut the car off and then on again to reset it.

wp

rfiks
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Seat belt charm ?? You have to completly shut the car off and then on again to reset it.

wp
i no i want to burn that little beepering thing where is it?:banghead:

russiankid
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
it's located on the cover below your steering wheel I think

i no i want to burn that little beepering thing where is it?:banghead:

Read. Its mounted to the panel under the steering wheel. However, if you remove it your dash lights won't work.:bowrofl:

Dr_Snooz
11-06-2008, 08:03 PM
It's always a wonderful feeling when you find that thing, remove it and smash it to powder with a sledgehammer. Right up there with peeing off an overpass.

jpetrovic
11-06-2008, 09:41 PM
i know about the one under the stearing wheel... But ive never herd that oen beep.. the one i always hear beep is a white/gray box its litterly a few inches from the gas pedal under the center console where the raido sits all u do is pull it off the brakets and disconnect the wire.

l75eya
11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I like my seatbelt chime. It's always a fun topic for conversation when I'm giving somebody a ride and it starts beeping out of nowhere (2 to 3 times a week).
Some suggestions
Passenger: "What's that noise?"
Me: "What noise?"
P: "That beeping noise.."
M: "Beeping noise? What beeping noise?"
or
P: "What's that noise?"
M: "I don't know. One day I saw somebody crawling out from underneath my car with a pair of wire strippers, zip ties, and duct tape. Ever since then my car keeps beeping and sometimes I hear a ticking noise too."

EX-ileAccord
11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
There is a gray box bolted under the radio, behind the ashtray. Unplug that and it will all go away, there is a relay under there too dont unplug that or the car will not start.

rfiks
11-14-2008, 07:23 AM
I like my seatbelt chime. It's always a fun topic for conversation when I'm giving somebody a ride and it starts beeping out of nowhere (2 to 3 times a week).
Some suggestions
or
M: "I don't know. One day I saw somebody crawling out from underneath my car with a pair of wire strippers, zip ties, and duct tape. Ever since then my car keeps beeping and sometimes I hear a ticking noise too."
lol ile try that. thanx every1 for your advice! if and when i find it-YES! im guna smash it and maybe bernit, i might even post pix of the aftermath..

skittlez
11-14-2008, 06:25 PM
sweet honda carnage.

lostforawhile
11-14-2008, 07:08 PM
There is a gray box bolted under the radio, behind the ashtray. Unplug that and it will all go away, there is a relay under there too dont unplug that or the car will not start.
don't unplug that box,it controls your sidemarkers too,it has several different functions

lostforawhile
11-14-2008, 07:09 PM
mine talks to tell me the doors are open,but it shuts up after three attemps

Dr_Snooz
11-14-2008, 09:18 PM
don't unplug that box,it controls your sidemarkers too,it has several different functions

Typical isn't it? There isn't a person in the world who doesn't hate that racket, yet every car in the world tries to make the module as difficult as possible to remove.

EX-ileAccord
11-15-2008, 03:49 PM

doesn't do anything but control the door, headlight, and keys in the ignition beep on my car. I have had it removed for years, and it has not affected anything.

lostforawhile
11-15-2008, 03:51 PM
doesn't do anything but control the door, headlight, and keys in the ignition beep on my car. I have had it removed for years, and it has not affected anything.might be different on your car,on the US cars it controls the side markers also. they alternate with the turn signals and that box controls them.

rfiks
11-15-2008, 09:24 PM
might be different on your car,on the US cars it controls the side markers also. they alternate with the turn signals and that box controls them.

well now that u mentioned it... my front corner lights work but they dont blink.
????????

Dr_Snooz
11-15-2008, 09:40 PM
My box is completely gone too. I'm pretty sure that my lights are okay, though.

ghettogeddy
11-15-2008, 10:22 PM
ok so i have a wired prob when i start the car with the door open my beeper beeps and wont stop if the passenger gets out of the car and i dont stop the engine the seatbelt light blinks and beeps and wont stop
unless i turn the ignition orf and restart witch i normally do while driving so i dont wast gas restarting lol

skittlez
11-15-2008, 11:22 PM
hm what about pulling it n then installing some sort of pulsing relay just for the blinkers, just a thought.

LX-incredible
11-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Does the door light light up? Chances are the switch in the door latch isn't making contact. Replace the latch. The seatbelts are electrically controlled by these and will not lock up with the door "ajar".

lostforawhile
11-16-2008, 06:24 AM
My box is completely gone too. I'm pretty sure that my lights are okay, though.
it shows on the wiring diagram that is the box that causes the corner markers to blink, i know i tapped both front corner markers off of it to run the sidemarkers,I think if you unplug it the lights it stay steady,not sure but thats the control box for them. there is a beeper thing built right into the box, if you could figure out how to get the box open, you can remove the piezoelectric element that causes the beep. there is also another one in the overhead console piece on lxi's, I got one to put the xm console in my dx,and it has a beeper in it,as well as the light up warning. you can remove the beeper piece easy from the overhead console.

Dr_Snooz
11-16-2008, 08:03 AM
it shows on the wiring diagram that is the box that causes the corner markers to blink, i know i tapped both front corner markers off of it to run the sidemarkers,I think if you unplug it the lights it stay steady,not sure but thats the control box for them. there is a beeper thing built right into the box, if you could figure out how to get the box open, you can remove the piezoelectric element that causes the beep. there is also another one in the overhead console piece on lxi's, I got one to put the xm console in my dx,and it has a beeper in it,as well as the light up warning. you can remove the beeper piece easy from the overhead console.

You're right. My corners light, but they don't blink. That's an irritation I can live with. The beeping is not.

lostforawhile
11-16-2008, 10:33 AM
You're right. My corners light, but they don't blink. That's an irritation I can live with. The beeping is not.if you can find an extra box i will open it up for you somehow and disable the noisemaker

Dr_Snooz
11-16-2008, 01:19 PM
if you can find an extra box i will open it up for you somehow and disable the noisemaker

I might take you up on that. I don't seem to have a headlight warning chime anymore which is a big problem. It's always foggy here in the winters and I've left my lights on more than once. I'd be willing to pick up a module just to get that back. I'll grab one the next time I'm at the junkyard. Thanks!

lostforawhile
11-16-2008, 01:24 PM
I might take you up on that. I don't seem to have a headlight warning chime anymore which is a big problem. It's always foggy here in the winters and I've left my lights on more than once. I'd be willing to pick up a module just to get that back. I'll grab one the next time I'm at the junkyard. Thanks!no problem. the headlight chime is in there too i believe.

ARracer65
11-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Some suggestions
or

i usually just say that the seat has a weight limit and that they need to get out.

Dr_Snooz
11-20-2008, 06:39 AM
i usually just say that the seat has a weight limit and that they need to get out.

Nice! :rofl:

Civic Accord Honda
11-20-2008, 06:50 AM
what i did was take that box behind the center console out and took it apart then saw the speaker then got my soldering iorn nice and hot then melted the speaker and stabbed the shit out of it :D and that killed it from ever beeping again and also did not affect my blinkers or anything

rfiks
11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
what i did was take that box behind the center console out and took it apart then saw the speaker then got my soldering iorn nice and hot then melted the speaker and stabbed the shit out of it :D and that killed it from ever beeping again and also did not affect my blinkers or anything
well done! :werd:

itzdave
10-30-2009, 03:10 AM
werdz...

A18A
10-30-2009, 05:00 AM
my car makes a stupid beep-beep-beep-beep-beep sound too ever since i swapped in a a20 grr

LX-incredible
10-30-2009, 09:40 AM
To anyone with a coupe or hatch: The beeping with the door ajar light is to indicate that the door isn't properly closed. The reason it's set up to be so annoying is because the seat belts will not work when this happens! The seatbelt retractors have solenoids that unlock the spools when the door is open.

I've found the problem to usually be in the latch itself (there is a little position switch inside the latch). The switch is unserviceable, so the latch will need to be replaced. I've only had this problem on the passenger side, on two of my cars.

Please fix it properly or retrofit to traditional retractors, the bolt holes are there.

Demon1024
10-31-2009, 02:33 AM
^^^ what he said

I just cut the wire to it tho :)

Kept thinking it was the other switch on the door..... it wasnt.
take of the panel find the wires going to the lack and cut those suckers.

lostforawhile
10-31-2009, 06:43 AM
To anyone with a coupe or hatch: The beeping with the door ajar light is to indicate that the door isn't properly closed. The reason it's set up to be so annoying is because the seat belts will not work when this happens! The seatbelt retractors have solenoids that unlock the spools when the door is open.

I've found the problem to usually be in the latch itself (there is a little position switch inside the latch). The switch is unserviceable, so the latch will need to be replaced. I've only had this problem on the passenger side, on two of my cars.

Please fix it properly or retrofit to traditional retractors, the bolt holes are there.
yea the early hatchbacks have standard belts, there is also a warning part in the overhead console for the electronic belts.