PDA

View Full Version : Battery Issues...

Coolbusracer
11-05-2008, 09:25 PM
So, I got a couple of questions for some electical vets.....

First off, my battery died today and need to replace it, so what cca rating should i look for. It doesn't get below freezing a lot in oregon, but it gets pretty damn close.....

Second, Does anyone know how to test a j/y alternator????
Looking at just getting a spare to have around, cuz the one in it now has been in for at least 10 years.... and it's probably gonna drop soon...

I also just want to say that 3gee owners ROCK!!!!! :rockon:
It died at a KFC and the manager was on a smoke break, so i asked him for a jump and he came around in ANOTHER 3gee!!!!! It was the first time i've seen a 3gee jump a 3gee, and it was very humbling... I just wanted to say to every member on this site, that YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i am proud to be a fellow 3gee owner....

redaztec
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't know what amperage ratings Honda specifies for the 3G, but the battery in mine is 450 cold cranking amps and I've never had a problem (except that one time when I left my lights on over a weekend and drained the battery).

Autozone will test alternators for free, so if you have one in your area, that's a good solution. I've used their services several times to test alternators, starters, batteries, etc.

nfs480
11-05-2008, 10:45 PM
The minimum stock CCA that Honda specifies is 405 CCA. I'm running a Honda 405 CCA battery in MN and so far no problems so I think anything higher than that and you'll be good to go.