PDA

View Full Version : Will these fit my 3g?

skylinegts
11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Looking into interchangable suspension components...
Will these fit? they look the same...
Koni adjustable w/ H&R Race Spring
fits: 90-93 Integra 88-91 Civic 88-91 CRX
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l445/gavintong/KoniHRsprings.jpg

skylinegts
11-06-2008, 04:06 PM
how about these?
Skunk2 pro street series full coilovers. Fits 89-91 civic/crx and 90-93 integra
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/Aztec92/parts006.jpg

Pico
11-06-2008, 04:15 PM
your going to have to measure the length of the Strut/Shock to see if they are shorter or longer than the ones for the 3G.

A18A
11-06-2008, 05:11 PM
you could *make* them fit, but i dont know what the advantages/disadvantages of doing that would be

markmdz89hatch
11-07-2008, 09:06 AM
skyline --> i like your train of thought here. If I'm not mistaken, those rears are a little shorter then ours, while the fronts are a bit taller. If you can take measurements, and spring outer diameter, I'm sure someone, if not myself, can compare those measurements with stock 3G. I'm interested in that control arm as well. Can you measure that up too? I'm curious to know the center-to-center measurement between the two outer bushings, as well as the c-to-c between the outer and center bushing, and the offset of the center from the outers. (ie, draw a straight line center to center between the outers, and measure the height off that line at 90° to the center of the center bushing.)

skylinegts
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
well i'll contact the sellers. im mainly concerned about the full coilovers. if those are taller / shorter but within reason and i can adjust them to the height i want... then perfect. i got the idea to check out what vancouvercivics.com had for sale from a friend of mine. he has had lots of hondas and noticed that they are very very similar in design, noting that his struts in his integra look almost identical to the ones for my accord, and has interchanged srpigns amongst his hondas for years. ill contact the sellers and post the measurements.

markmdz89hatch
11-07-2008, 01:46 PM
even if you could dial down the spring perches on the strut body to get the height you want, you have to bear in mind the length of the strut body. If the body is too long (almost fact for up front), then if you dial it down to get the height you're looking for, you might just be riding on the bump stops, or be VERY close to them, so there's a very good chance of severely damaging something due to excessive bottoming out.

skylinegts
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM
well.. we will see what the measurements are.. :S

skylinegts
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
owned by not searching...
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59533
turns out that they are longer, or so says some friends who said they tried. this looks to be a good option providing i can find civic fronts and accord backs...seperately

MessyHonda
11-10-2008, 12:25 AM
just get the accord stuff or buy a civic

stat1K
11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
just get the accord stuff or buy a civic

lol... you really like to push the envelope huh messy... i mean kudos on the r&d reinforcement.

MessyHonda
11-12-2008, 01:42 AM
lol... you really like to push the envelope huh messy... i mean kudos on the r&d reinforcement.

lol...i love my car but when ppl are trying to mix match parts...only the ppl with money or time should do. like legend master...his car is one of best 3gee examples