PDA

View Full Version : Rear quarter panels rusted? How do I fix this prblm?

KUrashima
11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
On my 89 accord, my rear quater panels are rusted where the it connects with the rear bumper. Also the rear wheel walls ( i think tht's the right terminology ),behind my rear tires, are rusting too. Can anyone tell me the best way to fix these common problems on most accords? :s

jdmaccordnut
11-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Get a patch panel and pay someone about $1500-2000 to weld them in, then float the min with bondo.

JBona
11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
how much can u find those quarters for? my pops can do the welding for me. i just want some cheap ass panels. the rust isnt really that bad to pay alot for panels

Dr_Snooz
11-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I've heard that cars rust out real bad in the Nebula 40 light years north of Earth. You really should move to Cali. Ain't no rusted out cars here.

Oh, and welcome!

Civic Accord Honda
11-07-2008, 11:47 PM
i believe you can get both panels on ebay for like $90

fogged
11-08-2008, 07:53 AM
how much can u find those quarters for? my pops can do the welding for me. i just want some cheap ass panels. the rust isnt really that bad to pay alot for panels

I couldnt find the tread, but there is one one floting around here that has a web site link that carries all the common panels that rust out. I priced it once before and you can get all of the panels, wheel hoops, and rockers for less than $150. Not a bad deal IMO.

KUrashima
11-08-2008, 08:19 AM
:) thanks guys, i'll look up on them sites and snoop out tht thread for them quarter panels+etc. I rather weld them panels myself or get a good buddy of mine help me with this task lol better than spending 1500$-2000$ just to pay the "guy" labour work.

As for u Dr. Snooze, i'll stick with my hometown "Nebula just 40 light years north of Earth" unless Californ got some tough narrow twisty hair-pin routes in the country-sides , cause my accord has only one purpose.. and tht is labeled under "TOUGE".