PDA

View Full Version : another 1st gen on eBay!!!!

81vintyminty
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Accord-1980-HONDA-ACCORD-VERY-CLEAN-5-SPD-TWO-OWNERS_W0QQitemZ130267202241QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ Cars_Trucks?hash=item130267202241&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Dr_Snooz
11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm digging the homemade cruise control.

haridev
11-11-2008, 10:28 AM
hey john? is that your car?? hehe..... $2500? a bit high but i suppose for the shape it is in, and the frills that come with it.... perhaps it aint so bad...

2ndGenGuy
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
It's almost my car eh? I like that bronze / gold color quite a bit. It's classy and yet still kinda bright and stands out a bit. Interior is OK. Maybe this guy saw the one that Jess bought and is hoping to get his bids up that high. Man, my interior is way nicer than that thing. I was just sitting in it the other day admiring how clean mine looks! LOL! Not to brag or anything... :-P

I didn't notice the cruise control though... I did rip apart an 81 that was sitting in this guy's yard once. It had some aftermarket cruise on it. You could only set it between 50 and 80mph. You just twisted the knob to the speed you want. I have no idea how it sensed your speed, unless it was some sort of VSS you'd put inline of the speedo cable. Or maybe it just held the throttle in one spot... then you'd slow way down up hills and stuff. Probably not smart enough to keep your speed level...

I know that some 1st gens had speed sensors in them. Not sure if it was CVCC models only, as the VSS actually tied into some vacuum solenoids that adjusted something on the carb when you'd get above 30mph and the coolant temp was above or below a certain point.... Obviously some drivability thing... This could mean that the VSS was simple, and only had a signal for above 30 or below 30. I doubt it was one that you could read actual speed of the car down to 1mph like in newer cars with a VSS.

Hazwan
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I fail to see the cruise controls on the dash.

As for the VSS, I thought there are kits that used tach signal instead of VSS. Not the best way, but way better than holding the throttle in one spot..

More details of that ancient VSS setup on 1g?? Sounds cool. I think I've seen 1g speedo with weird wires on it somewhere.

haridev
11-12-2008, 05:38 AM
hey john... i was just gonna say how nice the interior of the other car was till you said how perfect yours is! you really oughtta take some pics of your interior and post it up for all of us to see. hehe.. and another thing, i believe in bragging rights, so if your honda has a great looking interior, feel free to brag about it. lol... no harm done.... and dont worry i wont kill you... but i dont know about hazwan...hahaha