PDA

View Full Version : looking for 4-2-1 headers for 89 2 litre

senor honda
11-15-2008, 07:24 AM
I want to get rid of the heavy cast iron stock header.

I'm looking for 4-2-1 headers for 2 litre 89 Accord.
I want a thick flange bolted to the head, not something thin that
will start leaking. I plan to put the A/C back on before the Florida summer,
so I will need something that will clear it.

I'm not looking for the cheapest steel set, since I want
them to last for awhile..........maybe stainless steel?

Can someone steer me toward the right link or web site?

What are you using that works well? Any pictures?

Thanks.-Bob

Vanilla Sky
11-15-2008, 07:39 AM
The only readily available header you're going to find is a Pacesetter. They're not the best header, but they're cheap and you can find them. They're available with ceramic coating for a marginal premium over the black painted headers.

If you can find them, DC Sports once made headers for these cars. They'rout of production, and have been for quite some time. If you can locate one, it's more than likely used, and will cost more than a brand new ceramic coated Pacesetter.

codyJDM
11-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Get on ebay and find the Pacesetter 4-2-1 header for 86-89 Accords. That is just about your only reasonable option, considering the DC sports is impossible to find these days.

MessyHonda
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
the pacesetter is not the best but its the only company that will do it. you might as well upgrade the rest of your exhaust.

VIPER1988
11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
pacesetter was the only one i was able to find. if you go the cheaper route and get the painted one, make sure you strip it to the bare metal and repaint it with high temp ceramic paint. it will peel and rust very fast if you dont. i found that out the hard way.