PDA

View Full Version : Bisimoto, Again!

2drSE-i
11-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Alright guys, I sent an e-mail to bisimoto and i got a response, ill copy what i sent.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Message from Bisimoto Engineering Store
Date: Mon, November 17, 2008 5:07 am
To: [email protected]

Email: (Edited)

------------------------------------------------------

Based on a large amount of interest, I have come to your site to ask if
there were any possibility for the developement of A-series parts. These
motors (A18 and A20) came in the 86-89 Accords, as well as many 85-87
Preludes, and lack a great deal of aftermarket performance parts. Several
members of an online forum (3geez.com) are greatly interested in seeing
performance valvetrain pieces being made, so i thought i would come to
Bisimoto, the expert in this field, to inquire about this possiblitiy. Thank
you for your consideration!

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 6:24 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

David,
Yes, Bisimoto Engineering can help. Send in to the company, a camshaft, intake and exhaust spring and retainer, and cam gear. Please also include contact information for one of Bisimoto's engineers. We can communicate options after a week of receiving the items.

Thank you for your interest in Bisimoto Engineering's technology.

Lab. dept.
www.bisimoto.com

This is great news, and I'm very glad to hear that your company is willing
to help. While I do not possess any spares, I'm sure I can come up with some
to send in!

__________________________________________________ ________

OK guys its serious this time! ill hit up the J/Y tomorrow and see what i can do as far as pulling some of that stuff (if its not too cold). Does anyone have anything they would like to donate to the cause? A complete head would be awesome honestly, ill pay shipping to bisimoto.

Demon1024
11-17-2008, 06:49 PM
damn i've got 2 86 heads in my garage wasting away. you only need the valves and cam gear tho right?

cubert
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
glad to see you got a response from him...

Let me know how it goes...may just be enough motivation for me to look for another 3g :naughty: or Maybe i could get a 4g...since he is pretty much godlike when it comes to the F motors.

I dont have a job at the moment...but if theres anything I can do let me know...ill help out however I can

2drSE-i
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
damn i've got 2 86 heads in my garage wasting away. you only need the valves and cam gear tho right?

valve springs, (both intake and exhaust side), camshaft, and a cam gear. If your interested :-)

2drSE-i
11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Cool, I wonder if anything will come of it...

Oh just fyi, the whole strut bar thing fell through with explicit speed after the dude blew me off for the like tenth time. Every week he would tell me, oh just email me next week, just im me next week, give me 3 weeks, next month. Did not want to exchange money with that guy. I didnt give up, i just lost my interest in dealing with that company.

EricW
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
If a whole head is sent. We may be able to have mls(multi layer steel) head gaskets made if they can produce them. If no one else comes through I have a spare head somewhere with trashed spark plug holes, no cam and cam gear though.

2drSE-i
11-18-2008, 05:46 AM
forgive my ignorance but could you tell me the benefit of a mls head gasket? Just outa curiousity. And i dont have the heart to tell bisi that we dont really need cams or cam gears...but if he made some they would be better than what we have now.

cygnus x-1
11-18-2008, 08:01 AM
You know what we need is some roller type rocker arms instead of the solid ones. That would free up some HP even on a stock cam.

C|

carotman
11-18-2008, 02:30 PM
interesting news.

MLS gaskets is a must.

Even the B20A guys need one.

LX-incredible
11-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh just fyi, the whole strut bar thing fell through with explicit speed after the dude blew me off for the like tenth time. Every week he would tell me, oh just email me next week, just im me next week, give me 3 weeks, next month. Did not want to exchange money with that guy. I didnt give up, i just lost my interest in dealing with that company. I wasn't bitching about your part in this, just wondering if we can pull enough people together to make this happen. I as always am interested in whatever gets made and am willing to lend a hand (or a head) to the cause.

2drSE-i
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
oh i know, i was just saying what happened there. For some reason i thought you were zackiedarko who i thought would be kinda upset about the whole strut bar thing falling through since he was gonna be the ginea (sp) pig in that.

LX-incredible
11-18-2008, 06:53 PM
forgive my ignorance but could you tell me the benefit of a mls head gasket? Just outa curiousity. Less prone to taking a dump like the graphite ones, better at handling boost, and sometimes can even give a little bump in compression depending on the thickness.

rfiks
11-18-2008, 08:20 PM
less bark more spark:flash:!!! (im w8ing)

rjudgey
11-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Well this is what i would like to see not sure how possible this is.

For Heads:
Camshaft that preferably is re-profiled in higher durations and lifts
e.g. 290-300 degrees with 11-12mm lift
Cam Gear as I'm sure some people would still like to get one
And yes Roller rockers would be great but i think the R&D into that would be too costly to ever charge a reasonable price and not many of us would actually ever put them into our engines, Friction pads were good enough for B16!!
Titanium retainers and double valve spring seats would be nice too
Springs with extra clearance for higher lift for the 12mm lift on the cams
Valves with nice profile on head and with larger diameter heads which can be machined down to suit any ones build from say 34mm to be able to be machined to suit 33,32,31mm sizes depending on how extreme you wanted to go, waisted stems, or maybe even thinner stems with matching guides and retainers would be nice too!! I think what limits the tickness on our stems is due to the rocker am geometry and position any thinner and the valve could get bent out of place over time but waisted stems certainly could be possible as this is less of an issue at that end of the valve.
Bronze guides would be nice too off the shelf

2drSE-i
11-19-2008, 04:46 AM
So should i send them an email asking about just sending an entire head in? Everybody seems to be pretty interested in those MLS gaskets and rocker parts (ima say rjudgey is right about the roller rockers being too expensive to do much good)

EricW
11-19-2008, 07:33 AM
I would like to see anything their willing to make(and probably buy), I'm currently building a motor and would like to do anything to make it better/stronger.

cygnus x-1
11-19-2008, 08:07 AM
Roller rockers probably will be too expensive but it wouldn't hurt to ask. If the design could be even partially borrowed from another engine it might not be too bad.

C|

2drSE-i
11-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Well then anyone have a spare head they want to turn in? Ill turn over communication to you since its your parts!

rjudgey
11-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Do they do pistons?

cubert
11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Do they do pistons?

he does for the F, so im sure he could for the A

carotman
11-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Well, the cost of shipping a head would be the same as sending him money to get his own at the local yard.

ghettogeddy
11-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, the cost of shipping a head would be the same as sending him money to get his own at the local yard.

so who is local and can just drop one off

2drSE-i
11-19-2008, 11:57 AM
theyre in Chino, CA so any number of members are handy.

codyJDM
11-19-2008, 08:13 PM
theyre in Chino, CA so any number of members are handy.

I'm remotely near there if nobody else can come through

2drSE-i
11-20-2008, 05:44 AM
no offense rfiks but i have serious issues reading your posts... The reason no1 is jumping on this is because stuff like this usually fails. But what most people on the board dont realize is that this company is actually offering to make us parts and do the R&D for free.

EricW
11-20-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm remotely near there if nobody else can come through

Your only like 30mins from there, If i was that close I would have dropped off a head already. Do you have the time to go pull a head and drop it off, I'll give you $50 dollars towards a head if you have to go buy one. And I know 2drsei offered to pay shipping but he may be willing to put that towards a head if you go pull one and drop it off.

This goes for anyone else in on near the area.

codyJDM
11-20-2008, 07:58 AM
thatd be awesome, heads should only run about 50 at the jy anyway. if you dont mind cody!

Of course not. I have paypal, and I will go asap. Can't wait to see this get going I am excited :)

thatd be awesome, heads should only run about 50 at the jy anyway. if you dont mind cody!

PM me and let me know the details of when and where I need to drop the head off, I will be making my way to the jy to pull a head today or tomorrow. :cheers:

2drSE-i
11-20-2008, 08:21 AM
alright, ill send him an email today and let him know whats going on, ask some questions and ill let you know. I have to email him through his site because trying to email him regularly i cant get through his damn spam filter lmfao..

stat1K
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
if parts are still needed on saturday i may be able to pull some from a yard here and mail them appropriately... i was planning on going saturday anyway... just hit me up tomorrow or early saturday with what's going on.

codyJDM
11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Waiting on the info, as soon as I get some insight I will go head pulling :thumbup:

rjudgey
11-21-2008, 08:44 AM
If i were close i'd send them a whole engine only have like 5 spare lol!! Just shame I'm thousands of miles away and that little bit of water called the Atlantic is in the way!! dammit!!

Seriously though if they can come up with pistons with 3 valve pockets and flat crown instead of the cheap arse way of just machinig 4 into the crown I'd be seriously interested in some rods we can get allready either Toga or LS teggy rods but need pistons and soon! Can get them made but still gonna have to wait and talk designs to who ever is going to do them. But a proper high duration camshaft and a quality cam gear would be tops!! And anything else they might consider doing hell just even a oil filler cap would be cool!! :O)

2ndGenGuy
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
I've got a camless A20 head with the entire valvetrain. I can give someone when I come down through California this weekend. No shipping necessary, I'll drive it to you... It's just sitting in my shed, and I'd like to get rid of it... PM me if you guys are interested.

rfiks
11-24-2008, 12:53 PM
c'mon guys, the mans busy. he has a buisness to run and runs a 9.57 in the quarte. im sure he has people answering his e-mails 'n' stuff but we already e-mailed him. just send him the stuff in the mail with a hand written note or something. if not, i will take it there on thanxgiving in hand. then maybe one day we can see 9's with a N/A 3g:cheers:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCYuVEWd4kw

stat1K
11-25-2008, 08:56 AM
and bisi didn't get huge "overnight."

he's been around forever... i know they will do custom cams if you send them your cam... they'll either do a regrind of weld it for those extreme guys out there. obviously you need more than taht stuff but it's a start.

2ndGenGuy
11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
The last few posts are about me giving you guys a cylinder head to take to Bisimoto. Did you read that? Thought maybe you'd like to know the condition, etc. Talk about not getting shit done, why do I have to drive one down from Olympia to Los Angeles? Shouldn't you go to the junk yard and stick one in a box and mail it off?

cubert
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
If for any reason this falls through, Importperformanceparts.net also says they will make custom parts for just about anything, including everything from pistons, to cams, to cranks.

Just something to keep in the back of our heads

http://importperformanceparts.net/

Tdurr
11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
well if you guys dont ever get a head, there are like 10 3gz at my local jy with untouched motors.... just to keep in mind... (and i have a fed ex shipping discount) so if yall wanna do something with that pm me or get mushroomtoy to contact me on ia.

codyJDM
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I have 2 options for getting a head, and I'm really close to Chino. I am just waiting on Bisimoto's response to 2drsei.

As long as Bisimoto comes through we will get this done.

2ndGenGuy
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm still planning on dropping mine off with Cody in the next couple days.

2drSE-i
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Awesome, got a response today. Cody keep in mind that we do need to send in a cam with the head, and from the sounds of things 2ndgens doesnt have one.

[email protected] to me
show details 4:11 PM (6 hours ago) Reply

David,
I will answer your questions in the order posed:
Yes, you may have a local member drop off a head.
Yes, it is possible to make MLS gaskets, but for feasability, a minimum of 150 units are required.
[email protected] is ideal
I hope that helps, and greetings to all of the members of 3geez.

Thank you for your interest in Bisimoto Engineering's technology.

Lab. dept.
www.bisimoto.com

Ok so cody, i just sent him a message saying thanks again, and letting him know id have you call when u were ready to drop one off. Ill give you his number whenever your ready.

2drSE-i
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh and MLS gaskets will probably be out of reach unless someone with a lot of extra money kicking around wants to buy a BUNCH of extras.

EDIT: Can a member of moderation clean up this thread a bit. Got a little off track, and ill take some responsibility for that as well...

codyJDM
11-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Awesome. I will be pulling a cam this week for the head that 2ndgenguy is dropping off with me. Just let me know! I'm excited to get this going.

2drSE-i
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
just drop it off whenever you can. Just call ahead to make sure its ok with bisi.

Vanilla Sky
11-27-2008, 07:23 AM
I'd be down for several MLS gaskets. I wish I had the ability to sponsor a group buy for them. I really would like some nicer head gaskets, and this would be the answer to that wish.

2drSE-i
11-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Honestly if someone had the kinda money sitting around they could buy all of them and turn a profit Only problem is 150 x ...40ish is a ton of money, and im pretty sure they are more than 40 dollars.

Vanilla Sky
11-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I'd expect a price around $75 each, even as a group purchase.

EricW
11-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Well I would be up for buying several, but I don't think we will get enough people to buy them to be able to make the run.

Tdurr
11-28-2008, 09:47 PM
nice! im excited... wut all are you going to be asking them to make? Cams, adj cam gears, valves + springs, and wut else? Just curious...

2drSE-i
11-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Bisi said that they would figure out what they want to make and we would discuss options after r&d is done.

snoopyloopy
12-02-2008, 07:26 AM
freaking a, 150 orders for mls gasket group buy? realistically, price will be $80-$100 each at a minimum, so whoever foots this bill better be looking to drop 12 to 13 grand to cover the difference. better save some pennies. and thank god for ebay, you can probably dispose of them slowly that way as well.

2drSE-i
12-02-2008, 08:50 AM
ya it sounds like alot for us, but they are trying to earn a profit. More than likely for our other parts hes gonna find another honda that shares these parts.

carotman
12-02-2008, 11:50 AM
150 orders, I can't see this happening any time soon :(

2drSE-i
12-02-2008, 07:22 PM
i think us + prelude power - members who would never need/want/afford this kind of thing = 25...maybe.

knifemind
12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
i think us + prelude power - members who would never need/want/afford this kind of thing = 25...maybe.

Any many of us are crossboard members, like myself. I'd be in, if it ever happened. I just noticed this tread myself and am eager to see what comes of it.

2drSE-i
12-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Any many of us are crossboard members, like myself. I'd be in, if it ever happened. I just noticed this tread myself and am eager to see what comes of it.

spread the word on PP if you want.

2drSE-i
01-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Snoopyloopy dropped the head and Cam off today. Bisi wasn't there today, but his assistant was. Good news everyone!

fullthrottle_man
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Sweet! I saw the link to this thread on PreludePower.com and had to check it out (since I don't get on 3geez much). I'm pretty excited to see what they'll be willing to come up with since I plan on doing some work on my 2g Lude in the very near future...

markmdz89hatch
01-20-2009, 05:40 PM
ok guys, so someone asked me to try and combine the two bisi parts threads, and it's a damn near impossibility. So, let's try it like this...

...let's try and keep this topic going on the thread in the general section so more eyes can see it and hopefully jump in any buy that comes of this.

Here's a link to the thread: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66944&page=2

2drSE-i
01-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I think this thread could be cleaned up by deleting the useless posts. Im glad to see you chime in fullthrottle_man, glad some people saw my thread on PP!

markmdz89hatch
01-21-2009, 06:49 AM
I think this thread could be cleaned up by deleting the useless posts. Im glad to see you chime in fullthrottle_man, glad some people saw my thread on PP!

Done. Both this, and the post I quoted will be deleted soon enough. I just want everyone to get a chance to read the two posts to understand why/if some of their posts have been deleted and/or edited.

2drSE-i
10-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Bump. Got word (finally) about cam gears. Kinda bad news, actually. They want a group buy situation.
---Quote (Originally by 2DrSE-i)---
I know you guys were hard at work developing parts for A-series motors, i was wondering if y'all ever received a cam gear from one of the members at 3geez.com? I was also wondering about the availability of heat shielded intake manifold gaskets for the A-series.

Thanks for your reply!
---End Quote---
Greetings,

I spoke to Bisi this morning about this matter and this is what I was told.

The designs for the A-series cam gears are near completion. If 20 people can commit to purchasing these cam gears then we can go ahead and put them into production.

For the intake manifold gaskets, we do not have any currently available for the A-series motors. If 50 people can commit to purchasing these gaskets Bisi said that he would design and produce the gaskets.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me

Thank you for your interest in Bisimoto Engineering and we look forward to hearing for you.

Sincerely,
Justin

gtmst3
10-28-2009, 11:08 AM
how much would one of these cost?

Joay
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
YA RLY I'd have considered that information kind of important. WTF Justin!?

2drSE-i
10-28-2009, 12:06 PM
how much would one of these cost?

I asked the same thing in my response. If its the same as other SOHC cars (assuming your talking about the cam gears) its 135. If your speaking of the intake gaskets, it would be 48.

Vanilla Sky
10-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm betting we'd get a better response if we only needed 20 people for a $50 item than $50. Probably their minimum production run.

I'd honestly buy 2 gaskets. Bonus points if we get group buy pricing.

2ndGenGuy
10-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I'd buy a gasket or two, just to help out on the group buy.

justin@bisimoto
10-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I responded back to the message that was sent to me earlier from another member here. The price for the A-series cam gear would be the same as all of our other SOHC cam gears. I dont know what the policy is on this site about publicly posting prices but it can be found on the Bisimoto website
This will also NOT be a one time run. Once we reach the goal of 20 people we will then continue to have the cam gears available to future customers.:thumbup:

The intake gasket would be the same price listed in a previous post in this thread. This would be the shipped price.

2drSE-i
10-28-2009, 01:47 PM
and remember guys, he said 20 cam gears, 50 gaskets, so it would be 50 $50 things. Justin, if we came up with twenty for the cam gears, we would pay up front, correct? oh, and thanks for joining up!

turabaka
10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm in for a cam gear
Hell I'll even buy two, and have a spare if it means getting these made.

justin@bisimoto
10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
and remember guys, he said 20 cam gears, 50 gaskets, so it would be 50 $50 things. Justin, if we came up with twenty for the cam gears, we would pay up front, correct? oh, and thanks for joining up!

I spoke to my manager and was told that once the goal of 20 people has been reached we will then ask for 75% down for us to begin production. Once the units are ready then we will ask for the other 25%.

2drSE-i
10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I spoke to my manager and was told that once the goal of 20 people has been reached we will then ask for 75% down for us to begin production. Once the units are ready then we will ask for the other 25%.

That sounds like a great idea. No offense to anyone on here, but automotive forums are pretty flakey, especially when it comes to money.

gtmst3
10-28-2009, 03:06 PM
what about shipping?

Joay
10-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Sign me up for a cam gear!
One day I'll complement it with some springs & the Stage 2 cam, hopefully.

LX-incredible
10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I'd be down for 2 gaskets and possibly a gear.

JFern
10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
i would be interested in a gear and gasket since ill be doing the whole head when i go itb

Nafs Asdf
10-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I'd be interested in one of those gaskets too, if it can be shipped overseas reasonably cheap...

justin@bisimoto
10-29-2009, 12:05 PM
i dont know who the mods are on here but if someone could contact me i would really appreciate it. I have a few questions :)

2drSE-i
10-29-2009, 08:36 PM
i dont know who the mods are on here but if someone could contact me i would really appreciate it. I have a few questions :)

Did anyone hit you up?

gtmst3
10-30-2009, 02:47 AM
i would like to know shipping prices for the cam gear

justin@bisimoto
10-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Did anyone hit you up?

Yes i was contacted :)

i would like to know shipping prices for the cam gear

I'm currently working on getting a fair shipped price for everyone in this group buy. As soon as I get something that is approved I will let you guys know :thumbup:

gtmst3
10-30-2009, 10:16 AM
ok thank you

Tomisimo
10-30-2009, 03:58 PM
WoW I read tru whole thread, Thanks Mark to clean up som mess here..

Anyhow, to you Justin, What about B20 engines? I'd be happy to buy one camgear, but I have this A20a4 just temporary fix while I'm overhauling my B20. I can use the gasket tho, as its the same.

and please feel free to check out my wheel thread, I'm done with wheels.

One thing concerns me tho, that it might be not a good time to have a group buy now, as the Christmas in near future and people will be low on cash untill next year.

2drSE-i
10-30-2009, 09:47 PM
WoW I read tru whole thread, Thanks Mark to clean up som mess here..

Anyhow, to you Justin, What about B20 engines? I'd be happy to buy one camgear, but I have this A20a4 just temporary fix while I'm overhauling my B20. I can use the gasket tho, as its the same.

One thing concerns me tho, that it might be not a good time to have a group buy now, as the Christmas in near future and people will be low on cash untill next year.

Ill agree with you on that one. It may be beneficial for us to wait until after jan. but i have a feeling it will take that long to generate enough interest anyway.

stat1K
11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
why wouldn't people just use their christmas money for their own gift and buy these items? that's how i would do it.

Civic Accord Honda
11-01-2009, 02:44 PM
why wouldn't people just use their christmas money for their own gift and buy these items? that's how i would do it.

Sorry kids this year santas not giving you any gifts , instead hes getting me a cam gear and intake manifold gasket :D

sorry i had to .. :lol: :lol:

stat1K
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
hell yeah, f those kids, they were probably bad all year anyway, but really if you have kids, and you have a wife, typically don't they get YOU a gift too? if not that sucks and you should rethink your life, maybe the way cah said :)

Sh4d0w
11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
hell yeah, f those kids, they were probably bad all year anyway, but really if you have kids, and you have a wife, typically don't they get you a gift too? If not that sucks and you should rethink your life, maybe the way cah said :)

+1

-=-

I would be interested in seeing what is available once they are done with the R&D

JFern
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
+1

-=-

I would be interested in seeing what is available once they are done with the R&D

whats going to be available is what we get in the group buy.... so you should chip in ^_^

Sh4d0w
11-02-2009, 10:01 AM
whats going to be available is what we get in the group buy.... so you should chip in ^_^

So what exactly are we "group buying". The last one I took part in didn't turn out well. The guy disapeared, and I'm out $80.

I'm seriously looking at the stage 2 cam and the springs they have listed on their site.

From what I recall after having read the entire thread, they are doing a cam gear, and some gaskets? What exactly are we buying as a group, & how much?

markmdz89hatch
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Just speculating, but I'm guessing Bisi may try and organize a group buy for the Cam Gears, as well as the gaskets. Justin mentioned above that the group buy for the gears would be the neccessary shove needed to push these to production, however, they'll be available on an individual purchase basis after the initial group buy is completed (although I'd imagine an individual purchase would probably be a bit more expensive than the g/b pricing. I'm imagine they may do the same thing with the gaskets as well.

At the end of the day, it's up to Bisi on how they wish to structure the g/b.

The springs are available through their website now, without the need for a g/b. ...and there are a handful of members both here and at preludepower.com who have purchased and installed these. If I'm not mistaken they've sold a few cams to our guys as well.

stat1K
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
i don't think lx-incredible purchased a cam unless i forgot, but i know he got the springs... i think this group buy will turn out better than the last as money WILL be going straight to bisimoto, AND justin is already here from bisimoto to make things go a little better.

i wouldn't worry about that aspect, as for the money i know that's always a problem. if i hadn't just moved cross country and have half the income (wifes in school) i would definitely contribute, if i do get any extra money, it will be contributed (barring 2dr doesn't kick me out ROFL) :)

2drSE-i
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM
i don't think lx-incredible purchased a cam unless i forgot, but i know he got the springs... i think this group buy will turn out better than the last as money WILL be going straight to bisimoto, AND justin is already here from bisimoto to make things go a little better.

i wouldn't worry about that aspect, as for the money i know that's always a problem. if i hadn't just moved cross country and have half the income (wifes in school) i would definitely contribute, if i do get any extra money, it will be contributed (barring 2dr doesn't kick me out ROFL) :)

You sir, are already kicked out. Asking too many questions, sorry :kekeke:

stat1K
11-03-2009, 06:23 AM
You sir, are already kicked out. Asking too many questions, sorry :kekeke:

ROFL! new sig quote for sure 2dr hahahahaha. lets get a good turn out, these are CHEAP Prices!

JohnBoy
11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
just a thought but after a said an done we should look in to exhaust mani/ turbo mani from bisi

stat1K
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
bisi doesn't do turbo, but exhaust manifold / header would be sick...

LX-incredible
11-06-2009, 02:16 PM
bisi doesn't do turbo, but exhaust manifold / header would be sick...

... and out of our price range.

stat1K
11-06-2009, 02:16 PM
i was looking at the d-series one the other day and i so want it, 600 bucks though+

2drSE-i
11-06-2009, 03:22 PM
i was looking at the d-series one the other day and i so want it, 600 bucks though+

an a20 one would probly be about the same. Just too much for most people on the forum.

stat1K
11-06-2009, 03:55 PM
eh i dunno, you guys pay 300+ for a dc piece of crap, i paid 80 for my dc, and 50 for my header now... i can't imagine spending 300 for a standard header... you can get used rmf or hytech's for that lol...

Tdurr
11-10-2009, 01:57 PM
lol a header would be nice but cost way too much. I think it would be pointless. possibly a metal/copper Headgasket would be fucking sweet. I got a few used ones i could send in lol.

guaynabo89
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
If the cam gears look like the F22 ones I might be in.

Justin...about how much do these camgears weigh? How many lbs do they take off compared to a stock steel gear?

Just an idea for you guys as well. Being the B16 gaskets ports are very similar to the A20 couldnt they just modify those?

Here is a Hondata B16 intake gasket on my A20.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/sinnedone321/DSC00016.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/sinnedone321/DSC00015.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/sinnedone321/DSC00019.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/sinnedone321/DSC00017.jpg

Adam like your sig by the way. ;)

2drSE-i
11-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow that is REALLY close. I figured you might, i just wish we could pick a place :-(

JohnBoy
11-12-2009, 12:28 AM
lol a header would be nice but cost way too much. I think it would be pointless. possibly a metal/copper Headgasket would be fucking sweet. I got a few used ones i could send in lol.

see now that would be nice to have in stead of a grafite one

Tdurr
11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
see now that would be nice to have in stead of a grafite one

you know.

justin@bisimoto
11-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread. Don't want to lose momentum on getting the cam-gears made for you A-series guys

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Bump didn't work?

turabaka
12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Come on guys. Let's get this thing done!

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I should probably get a cam gear... It's an adjustable cam gear here, right?

Man! That F-series gear look amazing! And it's damn cheap, too!! Wow.

turabaka
12-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I should probably get a cam gear... It's an adjustable cam gear here, right?

yessir. It is. You should definitely get one! :thumbup:

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I heard you only see a lot of performance after a cam, so I didn't want one, but I got a cam now! lol

guaynabo89
12-09-2009, 03:35 PM
wait till income tax time. I'm pretty sure everyones money is tied up in Holiday stuff

Bass Man
12-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Yay! I'll have a good amount at tax time.

beran24
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
i'd be in on this but deff after xmas.

MessyHonda
12-10-2009, 12:43 AM
yeah i want to get the springs for my car too...but its going to have to wait...i hate being broke...(bills suck)

stat1K
12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
^ amen brother, i'm just trying to sell all my odds and ends just to afford some type of christmas, stupid plane tickets to az set me back 600.

Tdurr
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
yeah i want to get the springs for my car too...but its going to have to wait...i hate being broke...(bills suck)

its even worse i dont have bills and im still broke.. college ftl...

da9
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
we really need a bisi header!!!

2drSE-i
12-14-2009, 06:52 PM
we really need a bisi header!!!

Money talks. I'd be willing to bet he would fab one for ~1200. The mass produced ones are a min. of 650.

MessyHonda
12-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Money talks. I'd be willing to bet he would fab one for ~1200. The mass produced ones are a min. of 650.

lol with that much you can prob fab up a nice turbo mani

Bass Man
12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Wow!! That makes a welder look like a REALLY good investment.

2drSE-i
12-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow!! That makes a welder look like a REALLY good investment.

Its not really about the welder, or about having a turbo mani fabbed up honestly. He does HOURS of R&D to ensure ideal performance for your setup.

MessyHonda
12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Its not really about the welder, or about having a turbo mani fabbed up honestly. He does HOURS of R&D to ensure ideal performance for your setup.

yeah but not of us have the same set up....but no headers will give you more low end torque...so thats why a cam gear is very nice...then you can dial in your engine

2drSE-i
12-14-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah but not of us have the same set up....but no headers will give you more low end torque...so thats why a cam gear is very nice...then you can dial in your engine

Well yea, but thats what I'm sayin. For a production model, you would get a pretty badass header for a conservative build. For a custom one-off, youd get the perfect header for your build. I was just sayin 1200 isnt bad for a custom header.

MessyHonda
12-15-2009, 07:27 PM
i wonder if he could make us some pulleys..because carb or fuel injected still use the same pulleys

2drSE-i
12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
i wonder if he could make us some pulleys..because carb or fuel injected still use the same pulleys

If he were so inclined, but he doesn't really make any of that for the B,H,D,K or F engines, so I doubt it.

JohnBoy
12-15-2009, 11:46 PM
ya but they're also building a 700 hp d-series which looks wiked

JohnBoy
01-01-2010, 09:31 PM
so is this who gasket thing going to happen or we just going to let it fall through?

2drSE-i
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
so is this who gasket thing going to happen or we just going to let it fall through?

Its not falling through. 90% of the people that were interested, are still interested, we are just all wiped out from Christmas. You can tell that you've never been through a 3geez group buy :kekeke:

JohnBoy
01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
ya it just im just trying to get all my parts together so i car start my build. + my dad on my ass about the car sitting there and the motor ripped apart in the garage. so i was just seeing if people were still going to do it or what was up.

turabaka
01-01-2010, 10:37 PM
group buys tend to take awhile around here. The guys that have committed though are in 100%.

2drSE-i
01-02-2010, 08:50 AM
ya it just im just trying to get all my parts together so i car start my build. + my dad on my ass about the car sitting there and the motor ripped apart in the garage. so i was just seeing if people were still going to do it or what was up.

Well the cam gear can go on later, you don't really need it, just use your stock one. As for the intake gasket, use the b16 one. Its SUPER close, as shown in guaynabos pic. Or, use an oem one and put the shielded one in later.

Joay
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Just to be clear, I'm still 110% ready to buy my cam gear, whenever we get off the ground again. Good things come to those who wait. :)

JohnBoy
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
the cam gear is a spare because i have a GE one. it's just know one was moving a long with it and i was interested if it was just to happen. but if every one is still good then i'll be happy.

Tdurr
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
yea.. so i would pay for the cam gear right now but i only have 200 to spend and i gotta get my damn rx7 running cuz they are tryin to tow it in a week and a half so yea... thats my priority right now.