PDA

View Full Version : Air Vent FLow paths...Lxi A/C / Heat Vents

86!xi
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I have an lxi hatch....I have the Push Button heating/cooling system. The fan speed lever works, and the temperature lever works. The recycle works, and fresh works, and A/C.

However the Vent, Heath, High/low, high/defrost, and Defrost buttons do not respond to changing the path the air blows. Currently it seems to be stuck on the Defrost setting, meaning air is only blowing by the windshield. I push the other buttons but yet it does not redirect the air?

Any thoughts ideas what I should look into ? I do not have the open / close vent levers near steerwing column, like the 88 accords. Also the center that allows for cold air to come in when heat is on, does alow for cold air to vent through, however when i close it to have normal heating resume, Nothing, it remains to only vent air near the windshield.

any ideas as to what I should look into from others who have experienced this?

russiankid
11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Its most likely your vent door motor.

LX-incredible
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Can you hear the motor? I would look for a broken linkage between the motor and the selector door. The motor is on the drivers side, next to the gas pedal, and has a 8-wire connector.

Mac
11-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Does the rear window defrost turn on? If not check fuse in the under the dash fuse panel. Not sure, it might be #5.

86!xi
11-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Does the rear window defrost turn on? If not check fuse in the under the dash fuse panel. Not sure, it might be #5.

Rear Defrotst does Work

86!xi
11-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Can you hear the motor? I would look for a broken linkage between the motor and the selector door. The motor is on the drivers side, next to the gas pedal, and has a 8-wire connector.

Do you have a pic or diagram of this ? I can hear it blowing air yes....its seems to be stuck on defrost only. I will check the connector wire. also is this motor the same one referenced by russiankid ?

Pico
11-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Here's a pic from Majestic Honda's website
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Misc/13SE00_B1702.gif
003 1 FAN, HEATER
004 7 CLAMP, CASE HOLD
005 1 GASKET
007 1 MOTOR ASSY.
010 1 RESISTOR, BLOWER
011 1 MOTOR ASSY., FRESH/RECIRCULATING
012 1 ROD A
014 1 ROD C
015 2 HOLDER, ROD

LX-incredible
11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Actually it would be #8 In this picture.
http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/herson/jsp/catimgs/13sg70_b1703.gif
It's to the right of the gas pedal, 8-wire connector. Just look, you'll find it.

86!xi
11-20-2008, 05:53 AM
PicoPop, LX-incredible...Thank you for the Diagroms... I will get on it saturday or sunday ! and let you know the results of my findings

l75eya
11-23-2008, 07:25 PM
O! Not to threadjack, but I have a slightly related question
My heater controls are the cheap dx ones, the levers, not the buttons. Anyway, my fan only turns on when I set it to the highest setting, it won't work on medium or low =(
Also, all of my duct routing doors seem to work perfectly, I got the front vents, the defrosters, and the floor vents all operating, but for some reason I can't get any air to go through the door window defrosters, nothing at all on any setting. Does anybody have any ideas on that? I was thinking with the fan only working on high, that could be the fan motor resistor, right? I have no idea whatsup with the door vents though

Oldblueaccord
11-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Check your fuses under the dash. I think its the #10 fuse. if its blown the default is defrost only. You will also notice that none of your lights on your butons will be lite no matter what you push.

As far as fan speed high only I do think that is the resistor pack in the blower box is bad.

wp

lostforawhile
11-23-2008, 08:50 PM
O! Not to threadjack, but I have a slightly related question
My heater controls are the cheap dx ones, the levers, not the buttons. Anyway, my fan only turns on when I set it to the highest setting, it won't work on medium or low =(
Also, all of my duct routing doors seem to work perfectly, I got the front vents, the defrosters, and the floor vents all operating, but for some reason I can't get any air to go through the door window defrosters, nothing at all on any setting. Does anybody have any ideas on that? I was thinking with the fan only working on high, that could be the fan motor resistor, right? I have no idea whatsup with the door vents though
there are two resistors that are attached to a plate,this sticks into the air stream in the blower housing,this cools them, check them with an ohmeter, they get damaged a lot from debris getting sucked into the blower. if they check out it might be your switch. the resistors are number 10 in the blower housing diagram a couple of posts down. they are small wirewound resistors and are very easy to damage. pull the blower motor and put a piece of window screen across the air opening under the dash,after pulling out any debris. this will prevent crap from being sucked into the blower. as far as the dx being cheap,I like the manual controls, less crap to break. cheap is a relative word.

Vindicted_Reprise
01-02-2009, 02:33 PM
how do i remove the air director things? like the ones that the passenger can use to point the flow or turn it on/off. they break when i have done it.

lostforawhile
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
how do i remove the air director things? like the ones that the passenger can use to point the flow or turn it on/off. they break when i have done it.the center one? it only can come out if you have removed the dash, it 's attached from behind

2ndGenGuy
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Wait are you talking about the vents themselves? On the 2nd gens they just pop out. You gotta kinda pry on them VERY carefully with a screwdriver.

lostforawhile
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
i thought he was talking about a three g

2ndGenGuy
01-02-2009, 11:20 PM
i thought he was talking about a three g

We are in the 3g section... I just noticed the 2g in his sig.