PDA

View Full Version : The Big Fat JDM/NZ Shipment Thread

2ndGenGuy
11-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Okay, we need to get everything cleared up with everybody who has parts coming from New Zealand. The parts are sitting in a warehouse awaiting clearance. This has been a pretty long, expensive, mess that this is turning into for me. We need to get it sorted out.

So in this crate from New Zealand, which came from AccordB20A/Wohdog and Alex/3gcvc, is the following:

JDM B20A w/ Transmission ECU, Harness, Halfshafts (Mine!)
JDM Honda City Turbo II Manifolds, ECU, Harness (also Mine!)
JDM B20A Engine w/ B18 Bellhousing (guyhatesmycar)
JDM B20A 5 Speed Transmisison (Snoopyloopy)
JDM 3gee Duckbill Spoiler (?????)

I need everybody to post what they have purchased and what they paid for said items and who they paid. We need to figure out what is fair for everybody.

Also, I am leaving Olympia on the 28th of November, and I'm making my way south through the Bay Area, and Los Angeles on my way to Phoenix. I would like to bring the duckbill spoilers with me and drop them off on my way down, as well as one of the B20A transmissions.

I'll probably spend the night of the 28th in the Fresno Area, then I would like to get to the Bay in the AM on the 29th if possible. Drop off the spoilers, probably hang out for a day, then leave for Los Angeles on the 30th and pass through and drop off the Transmission.

And if anybody in my area would like me to take parts to someone down in those areas I mentioned above, I would be happy to transport them for you to save on shipping. I could also bring parts back on my return trip if anybody needs it. Just let me know! Just so long as you're not TOO FAR off of the I-5 corridor. :thumbup:

LxAcc510
11-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Okay, we need to get everything cleared up with everybody who has parts coming from New Zealand. The parts are sitting in a warehouse awaiting clearance. This has been a pretty long, expensive, mess that this is turning into for me. We need to get it sorted out.

So in this crate from New Zealand, which came from AccordB20A/Wohdog and Alex/3gcvc, is the following:

JDM B20A w/ Transmission ECU, Harness, Halfshafts (Mine!)
JDM Honda City Turbo II Manifolds, ECU, Harness (also Mine!)
JDM B20A Engine w/ Cracked B18 Bellhousing (guyhatesmycar)
JDM B20A 5 Speed Transmisison (Snoopyloopy)

I need everybody to post what they have purchased and what they paid for said items and who they paid. We need to figure out what is fair for everybody.

Also, I am leaving Olympia on the 28th of November, and I'm making my way south through the Bay Area, and Los Angeles on my way to Phoenix. I would like to bring the duckbill spoilers with me and drop them off on my way down, as well as one of the B20A transmissions.

I'll probably spend the night of the 28th in the Fresno Area, then I would like to get to the Bay in the AM on the 29th if possible. Drop off the spoilers, probably hang out for a day, then leave for Los Angeles on the 30th and pass through and drop off the Transmission.

And if anybody in my area would like me to take parts to someone down in those areas I mentioned above, I would be happy to transport them for you to save on shipping. I could also bring parts back on my return trip if anybody needs it. Just let me know! :thumbup:

wut duh heyl iz a duckbill spoiler? :huh:

labeledsk8r
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
are the spoilers spoken for?? i know i dont have a 3gee anymore, and i know im haveing money problems... BUT im getting a bonus at work soon... and im just interested in numbers if ones up for grabs... not makeing any promises though

2ndGenGuy
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the spoilers are spoken for. I just need to know who they belong to.

Maybe they're not duckbills, maybe ducktails... I dunno. Duck Tails... woo hoo!

labeledsk8r
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
**edit** allright thanks for letting me know... if one opens up shoot me a headsup.. doubt the people that wanted them will let one of them go though lol

AccordB20A
11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
JDM 3gee Duckbill Spoiler (MessyHonda)
JDM 3gee Duckbill Spoiler (Frantic)
JDM 3gee Duckbill Spoiler (Race3890458934895)

AccordB20A
11-19-2008, 12:04 AM
and maybe you should PM your arguments and not whore johns thread before he gets out the ban stick lol

3GCVC
11-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Someone clean this thread ^^ x10 rubbish is not required.

Good this is starting to get sorted out particually the customs crap... pics when it gets to your garage im keen to see how bashed up the box is.

2ndGenGuy
11-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Thread clean. :D

Okay so I just FedExed the customs paperwork down to Los Angeles overnight. Hopefully the box will be delivered to my house on Friday. Here's a total tally of the moneys that have gone to New Zealand so far:

2ndGenGuy:
Engine: $300USD
JDM Headlights: $100USD
City Turbo II Parts: $400USD
Shipping: $900USD

guyhatesmycar:
Engine: $310CAD
$400 shippping

snoopyloopy (from what I remember)
Transmission: $400 shipped
($150 for trans + $250 shipping?)

I have no idea what the spoilers sold for, what $60 each? No shipping charges were incurred on these as far as I know either.

I've also incurred:
$80 in warehouse charges
$30 in customs charges
$50 in gas for multiple trips to the port
$30 to overnight Customs paperwork

So if the above amounts are correct then we have:

$1490 in parts
$1550 in shipping
$190 in misc expenses

Does this sound right?

race12001
11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
ok the white spoiler is mine and as far as how much i paid for it idk i think like 65. and just let me know how much shipping is from you to me (27330). cant wait to get it been waiting forever.

2oodoor
11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
2ndGG CLEAN OUT YOUR PM BOX while you are cleaning, so I dont have to "whore" up the bloody thread:ugh2:

2ndGenGuy
11-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah sorry, it's cleaned out. Stupid limits.

AccordB20A
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
the $400 snoopy paid was all shipping i believe as the gearbox has been paid for with the motor i sent to mr bullard.

Yes, the ducktails were just chUcked in the box with no shipping fees added to get them to the USA $65 each they paid me which was damn cheap at the time.

2ndGenGuy
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks Race. I'll PM you when I find shipping cost. I probably won't have time to ship it until after I get back from vacation on December 15. I'm already pushing the limits getting all this stuff to my house before I leave.

Thanks for the info there, Aaron... so since Snoopyloopy paid that shipping cost then:

$1340USD in parts
$1700USD in shipping
$190USD in misc expenses

Alex was saying he's coming up short for shipping, around $340USD. I'm not seeing how that works?? The bill showed $1500NZD to ship, correct?

AccordB20A
11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks Race. I'll PM you when I find shipping cost. I probably won't have time to ship it until after I get back from vacation on December 15. I'm already pushing the limits getting all this stuff to my house before I leave.

Thanks for the info there, Aaron... so since Snoopyloopy paid that shipping cost then:

$1340USD in parts
$1700USD in shipping
$190USD in misc expenses

Alex was saying he's coming up short for shipping, around $340USD. I'm not seeing how that works?? The bill showed $1500NZD to ship, correct?

i also dont know where the money went, Unless he withdrawed it when 1 nz dollar was 1 US doller or something stupid like that, the box did cost a built to built but not $500 nzd

unless he had fail on his paypal account which is seeming to allways happen, Might have to get him to dig into the "accounts" cause i thought there should be plenty of money there to ship with. i only got the money for the engine that i sent to mike. he kept snoopys shipping money all ur money etc, i got the 65 each for the spoilers into my palpal account

3GCVC
11-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I dont know what the dollar was at the time all i know is the dollar wasn't good like it is now i withdrew everything at once or as it came in.

The main killer is the box needed to be fully bullet proof because it was my liability if it broke, so it was pretty expensive, treated plywood, 4x4 and 2x4 for the base, hardware(nails screws ect) Trailer hire, petrol ect ect the costs mount up pretty fast so it wasn't cheap but it obviously got there whole so thats the main thing.

The original quote was for 720kg of box packed so that was just a guess i thought it would be below that so i had $1000 for that because i knew it wasnt going to be more if anything less, That did NOT include the 220NZD getting it to Mainfreight International in Auckland then to its port of discharge in Tauranga so there was extra cost there but as the original quote was for more it would have covered it no problem.

So the problem is they somehow decided i was going to be paying the Ccustoms fees which ordinarily would have been covered at destination and weren't included in the original quote, The customs fees were 763NZD making the total $1550 when all said and done when i only had 1k to cover it,

I think the numbers add up sure the box cost 400ish to build but maybe less but it was a long time ago so im not entirely sure.

Also bare in mind whatever fee paypal charges 3.5-4%?? and when i withdraw i get charged a
percentage to change to NZD

EDIT I dont know where those figures are comin from i cant find it in paypal,

John Paid $350 for the B20 swap as far as i can see then there is 400 and 350 for shipping
Llora Brown (mikes shipping money) 400CAD he paid 310CAD for the motor
Marven Norman (snoopyloopy gearbox shipping) 416USD

Thats all i can find in my Paypal history

SO im not sure why CAD had to be sent that made it complicated the CAD vs USD at the time was 0.98 and the USD vs NZD at the time was 0.78 that is all an ISH because im not sure when it was transfered.

Thats all i can find in my Paypal history Unless i missed something which i think is unlikely because i checked it 5 times.

wprocomp
11-19-2008, 11:39 PM
I want a spoiler if one falls through please let me know

Ichiban
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Llora Brown (mikes shipping money) 400CAD he paid 310CAD for the motor

Thats all i can find in my Paypal history

SO im not sure why CAD had to be sent that made it complicated the CAD vs USD at the time was 0.98 and the USD vs NZD at the time was 0.78 that is all an ISH because im not sure when it was transfered.

Thats all i can find in my Paypal history Unless i missed something which i think is unlikely because i checked it 5 times.

This means you did get a total of 710 CAD, right? That's what I sent. CAD was actually more than USD at the time. Why are we getting double drilled on customs fees then?

2ndGenGuy
11-25-2008, 05:53 PM
I also just shipped out all your eBay stuff, Alex. Which was over $120USD to ship. You'll see it on the postage stamp, Alex... So that's 1/3 of your cost right there. :D :D USPS got rid of sea-shipping. It's all air freight now.

I still gotta get Aaron a cheap laptop too like I promised I would.

Yes, I do think your figures are correct, Alex. So I didn't pay as much shipping as I initially thought, but SnoopyLoopy paid quite a bit. I'll work out new numbers when I get home tonight. :)

bullard123
11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Wow yes it does get tricky when you add those customs fees in. I had to pay for warehouse storage etc. etc. as well