PDA

View Full Version : Wastegate Actuator?

Rendon LX-i
11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
:help:im having major issues i cant make actuator work off my t25 to connect to flapper...is there any other one that would work...The reason beening i clocked my turbo and now i cant get the fucker to line up. Any tips would help. I tryed welding a L shape to it since it so close but wont hold.

Rendonlxi

Rendon LX-i
11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
No ideas huh im going to try to braze it again and shit i dont a wire welder but im going to use brazing rod instead of a Clothes hanger lol thats prolly why it didnt hold...

Rendonlxi

mykwikcoupe
11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
yeah Im thinking that wouyld probably help quite a bit huh. What style turbo and size is it. Ive got an extra T25 I bought for my projectr. Hows it work overall on the a20a?

89T
11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
weld the flapper shut and get a external wastegate.

Rendon LX-i
11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Its a stock Dsm T25 its prolly way to small but for a starters its my first turbo setup and came out well just that damn actuator is kissing some ass...I would do a external wastegate but i have to redo everything and baby on the way and all i want to atleast drive it....To tune it, its going to cost me some money but o well thats part of the came...I might get a T3 actuator i was reading on HMT and seems like it well work just got to tac weld it to the old actuator bracket.

Rendonlxi

AccordEpicenter
11-29-2008, 01:52 PM
make a new bracket to keep the actuator inline, its not gonna work good if its on an extreme angle anyway