PDA

View Full Version : amp problem

bank2me
11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
has anyone ever had there subs bump every 2 seconds with the stereo off? I have heard my buddies doing it but not sure what causes it? They have never done this b4 I have the crunch p1100.2 connected to 2 type R 12's they want me to send it back but is it a problem with the amp? Thanks in advance.:toilet:

ghettogeddy
11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
has anyone ever had there subs bump every 2 seconds with the stereo off? I have heard my buddies doing it but not sure what causes it? They have never done this b4 I have the crunch p1100.2 connected to 2 type R 12's they want me to send it back but is it a problem with the amp? Thanks in advance.:toilet:

prolly a bad ground or power connection could also be from the audio cables crossing a unshielded power line i see this alot from people that run the audio and power and remote cables on the same side

bank2me
11-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I checked the stuff just now the wiring is good. I think Ill maybe send it back and see what happens.

ghettogeddy
11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
wait a crunch amp
lol
just buy a better amp lol
not a fry's sale ad amp lol

i only say that cause i use to work there and almost all of them were returned within a week lol

AccordB20A
11-21-2008, 09:55 PM
crunch doesnt sound like a good noise for an amp to make lol!

evil88accordLX
11-21-2008, 10:10 PM
^^^^ unless you are playing some heavy metal guitar!

Rendon LX-i
11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
some amps turn off late and causing it to make a bump bump sound at the end lol...it was funny when mine did that and i was leaving the car bump lol...get a kenwood or Hifonics amps are the best period...
http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/images/zeusmain_pic1.gif

MessyHonda
11-22-2008, 08:10 PM
this thread makes me want to get a better amp

headbanger
11-23-2008, 08:42 AM
crunch use to make real good audio bck in the day but not so much anymore.

lostforawhile
11-23-2008, 01:05 PM
crunch doesnt sound like a good noise for an amp to make lol!it makes that noise when you chuck it out the window going down the road,and a tractor trailer runs over it. your head also does that after the guy runs over it and his tires go flat.

codyJDM
11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
some amps turn off late and causing it to make a bump bump sound at the end lol...it was funny when mine did that and i was leaving the car bump lol...get a kenwood or Hifonics amps are the best period...
http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/images/zeusmain_pic1.gif

lol those brands are at the bottom of the list for me along with Dual and WalMart equivalents.

Kenwood made a good product many years ago though I wont deny that lol

Rendon LX-i
11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
lol buddy buddy u have no clue what u talking bout....its just keep it like that.....I like Treo also i used to compite and got out of that shit and start moding my accord..
Rendon

lostforawhile
11-23-2008, 07:22 PM
lol those brands are at the bottom of the list for me along with Dual and WalMart equivalents.

Kenwood made a good product many years ago though I wont deny that lol
I remember when kenwood used to be it. if you can find them, look for some of the old sony mosfet amps, they were some of the best amps ever made, the new sony is crap.

89T
11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
lol my hifonics amps are older than some of you guy's .
as for the problem, unplug the rca cables at the amp see if it still does it.
if it doesnt hook them back up and un-plug them at the radio.re-check
if it returns then you have a bad rca. if it doesnt return check the radio.
make sure you have a good short ground on the amp less than 12".
clean power connections ect.

Rendon LX-i
11-23-2008, 11:07 PM

Good amps thou im i Correct lol?

bank2me
11-25-2008, 09:02 AM

I unplugged the rca cables from the amp with everything else connected and it stopped plugged them back in and did it again I disconnected everything from the amp then reconnected yesterday and was fine for a while then did it again. Idk the reveiws on the site sounded all good so idk if my amp is junk maybe i will look into a hifonics. I would like one that will push my 2 12s for under 200. This amp has been good but just this problem recently is bs.

lostforawhile
11-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I unplugged the rca cables from the amp with everything else connected and it stopped plugged them back in and did it again I disconnected everything from the amp then reconnected yesterday and was fine for a while then did it again. Idk the reveiws on the site sounded all good so idk if my amp is junk maybe i will look into a hifonics. I would like one that will push my 2 12s for under 200. This amp has been good but just this problem recently is bs.if you unplug the cables and it stops doing it,it's between the head unit and the amp. where is your amp grounded,is the ground to bare metal? list where all your connections are made and what they go to,all the way from the head unit to the amp. what is the amp turn on lead connected to? is it an amp turn on lead from the radio,or is it connected to a power antenna lead? get me enough info and i'll tell you whats wrong.if it keeps doing this, you can run the amp turn on lead to a +12 volt switched source,such as something that comes on with accessory, even the power switched lead to the head unit if needed,it will still turn on and off with the key. sometimes if you run the turn on lead to a power antenna lead,the lead will be energized more then once,to make sure the antenna is all the way up or down. try taking an extra set of rca cables and run them between the amp and the radio, if it stops doing it,there's your problem. it really sounds like a ground loop. if your amp ground isn't that good,the amp will attempt to ground to the radio through the shielding in the rca cables. that connection to the car should be right next to the amp,and the metal under the connector has to be clean,it won't ground through paint.

bank2me
11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
ok here is a list
rca-from deck to amp
remote-connected to a 12 volt switch to amp
power-from battery to amp
ground- to bare metal from amp
speaker wire-from amp to subs

lostforawhile
11-25-2008, 11:25 AM
ok here is a list
rca-from deck to amp
remote-connected to a 12 volt switch to amp
power-from battery to amp
ground- to bare metal from amp
speaker wire-from amp to subswhy not connect the remote wire to the radio power wire, you don't need a switch, you need a switched 12 volt source. power to the remote wire,amp on,power off amp turns off. how is your radio ground? try swapping set of rca cables, are you turning off the amp at a switch and it keeps making noise? if so it might be an internal problem. use a test light you can see at the remote wire,and watch to see what the light does when you turn off the amp. if it flashes a few times this would indicate something in the remote wire before the amp. once you disconnect power to the remote lead, the amp should shut down.

bank2me
11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I didnt wire the remote switch I think he has the switch to a 12 volt source to the fuse box. If I turn the switch off the amp shuts off completely.

lostforawhile
11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I didnt wire the remote switch I think he has the switch to a 12 volt source to the fuse box. If I turn the switch off the amp shuts off completely.ok take that wire coming from the amp and connect it to the switched +12 volts at the radio. when you turn off the key the amp should immedietly shut down. it almost sounds like a constant hot source is connected to that wire.

headbanger
11-25-2008, 02:08 PM
is your ground wire on the amp as big or bigger than the power wire?
it should be.

Rendon LX-i
11-25-2008, 07:55 PM
You can also tap it to your Red wire on your deck since its a on/off switch instead of the blue one its better and stronger.

Rendonlxi

lostforawhile
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
You can also tap it to your Red wire on your deck since its a on/off switch instead of the blue one its better and stronger.

Rendonlxisomeone had run it through a switch for some reason

bank2me
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Yea ill try some shit. Everyone b4 said get a new amp but its like what if I get a new amp and have the same troubles? How do I take the radio out I didnt install that either?

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Yea ill try some shit. Everyone b4 said get a new amp but its like what if I get a new amp and have the same troubles? How do I take the radio out I didnt install that either?is it in a sleeve? if it is,you pop off the plastic surround ring around it, then use a couple of butter knives to pop out the catches on eithier side, slide them between the radio and the metal sleeve. once those are disengaged it should slide right out,unless there is a backstrap,which I doubt. have yo tried using one of those ipod adaptors to plug a cd player or something directly into the amp? if you unplug the rca cables and it stops doing it,it's probably not the amp.

ghettogeddy
11-26-2008, 04:16 PM

Rendonlxi

for one you dont need alot of power for the remote turn on i think like .5 volts will do lol

also crunch amps are like the new sony amps they suck real bad and i f i owned one and it started going out i would just buy a new one

cody hiphonics amps are prolly one of the best out there for the price do some research

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 05:51 PM
for one you dont need alot of power for the remote turn on i think like .5 volts will do lol

also crunch amps are like the new sony amps they suck real bad and i f i owned one and it started going out i would just buy a new one

cody hiphonics amps are prolly one of the best out there for the price do some researchwell it quit doing it when he unplugged the rca cables,so i think ground loop. also the remote lead is mickey moused through a switch. if he hooks it up right it might be fine.

Rendon LX-i
11-26-2008, 06:11 PM

cody hiphonics amps are prolly one of the best out there for the price do some research

yea crunch are wack man...but i was just saying casue its just a better source then the blue wire....It less strain or someshit like that when i used to compite thats what some of the guys did idk lol doesnt matter...hiphonics are the shit man buddy pushing 4 15 with 2 hiphonics amp...wow u can see the roof move like 4 inches up and down lol and the hatch of his burban was moving hella and blew his seals lol...

89T
11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
well it quit doing it when he unplugged the rca cables,so i think ground loop. also the remote lead is mickey moused through a switch. if he hooks it up right it might be fine.
agreed, but he needs to make sure it's not just a pinched rca to start.
he also has a 85% chance the Micky mouse trigger is the culprit. So i agree once again.

bank2me
11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
:werd:

I'll try taking a look at it tomorrow. I think it's in a sleeve, but I'll have to get some tools to take it out. I think it is something with the Rca cables.

bank2me
11-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Ok so I undid the rca cables and reconnected and the amp is workin fine now so im going to monitor it.

MessyHonda
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
my coworker has the same amp and i told her to go return it. my 10 hits just as hard as her 2 12s

bank2me
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
nice messy

SickNasty
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Can we please please PLEASE stop doing the tuck and run through door jams and toggle switching remote turn on's straight from the battery? :violin:

MessyHonda
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
lol now that i got my duck spoiler on my trunk it doesnt sound as loud from the outside

ghettogeddy
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Can we please please PLEASE stop doing the tuck and run through door jams and toggle switching remote turn on's straight from the battery? :violin:

elaborate

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-05-2009, 11:49 PM

http://hondaswap.com/images/smilies/eng_mofo.gif & http://hondaswap.com/images/smilies/whatfucktard.gif

itzdave
03-06-2009, 12:19 AM
i think hes talkin about people half-assin' the installs and just hooking up a power wire to the battery, running a wire thru the door jams and hooking up a switch on the dash or somethin...

Rendon LX-i
03-06-2009, 07:56 AM

What...son my brother did that when he was young. nothing wrong with that:bowrofl: He had 2 12 inch pioneers and 2 amp and a switch on the remotes to turn em off and sounds. To me that was a good idea. all speakers work good in the inside when he didnt want bass he just FLIP and no more bass. had bad ass tweets thou. I dont know straight from the batter thou.:toilet: I was really young when my bro did that lol

lostforawhile
03-06-2009, 01:53 PM
i think hes talkin about people half-assin' the installs and just hooking up a power wire to the battery, running a wire thru the door jams and hooking up a switch on the dash or somethin...he's probably talking about really bad installations, i've seen power wires from the battery hanging outside of the car before,no fuse,nothing. saw one ran through a rain gutter once and back in the rear window. ran out from under the hood, up the a pillar with duct tape, into the rain gutter,to the back and through the back window where the window was closed on it.

89T
03-07-2009, 08:37 AM
nice messy
so where are you at on the repair?

3rd Party
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
it's hard to say sometimes that if you buy cheap, you get cheap, and with a lot of stuff that applies. but i bought an Insignia amplifier, with two 12" Insignia woofers from Best Buy, and they were quite impressive for the $400 i spent on it. including the wiring kit, and harness, et cetera

MessyHonda
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
it's hard to say sometimes that if you buy cheap, you get cheap, and with a lot of stuff that applies. but i bought an Insignia amplifier, with two 12" Insignia woofers from Best Buy, and they were quite impressive for the $400 i spent on it. including the wiring kit, and harness, et cetera

my friend bought the same set up. it was not bad...but i love my type R

bank2me
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
my friend bought the same set up. it was not bad...but i love my type R

:werd: up I love my type R's. I fixed my amp problem. I just swapped rca cables and the problem stopped.

3rd Party
03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
now i have a Sony XPLOD 10" 1100-watt woofer with a 220-watt Jenson amp...so far it sounds like a 12" :cool::cool:

Civic Accord Honda
03-08-2009, 09:33 PM
this thread makes me want to get a better amp
this thread makes me wish i had a car a amp/sub would fit in.