PDA

View Full Version : trans-mods

rfiks
11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
i know i can use a 89 integra final gear in my 3g transmission- but is there anything else i can do to my transmission for better performance using other teggy gears. or possibly an LSD???THANX IN ADVANCE:cheers:

labeledsk8r
11-21-2008, 08:33 PM
no no no no.. you use all teg gears except 5th you use the accord 5th.. you can also get 2nd gen prelude gears...in order of quickest gear ratios would be (from shortest to tallest) Teg gears, 2nd gen lude gears, 3gee lx-i/se-i gears, 3gee dx/lx gears, theres the rundown on that...

you CAN add a LSD if you want but no actual kit is made for it (if i remember right) i know a turbo guy on here is running a lsd but i forgot who

Dr_Snooz
11-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh yes, LSD would dramatically impact performance.

...oh wait, you mean "limited slip differential" don't you? Sorry. That's my bad...

rfiks
11-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Oh yes, LSD would dramatically impact performance.

...oh wait, you mean "limited slip differential" don't you? Sorry. That's my bad...

hahahaa... good one dude!

LX-incredible
11-23-2008, 07:34 AM
no no no no.. you use all teg gears except 5th you use the accord 5th.. you can also get 2nd gen prelude gears...in order of quickest gear ratios would be (from shortest to tallest) Teg gears, 2nd gen lude gears, 3gee lx-i/se-i gears, 3gee dx/lx gears, theres the rundown on that...

you CAN add a LSD if you want but no actual kit is made for it (if i remember right) i know a turbo guy on here is running a lsd but i forgot who

Correct. You will also need the shafts and diff. You can actually use everything from the teg trans except the bellhousing and shift rod. 86-87 and 88-89 pilot shaft widths correspond to the same years of accord, so get the right one. Swap is pretty easy once you get over the fear of disassembling a tranny.

rfiks
11-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Correct. You will also need the shafts and diff. You can actually use everything from the teg trans except the bellhousing and shift rod. 86-87 and 88-89 pilot shaft widths correspond to the same years of accord, so get the right one. Swap is pretty easy once you get over the fear of disassembling a tranny.
im assuming u mean 86-87 teg. and 88 & 89 pilot shafts. and by shafts you mean axles right?

A20A1
11-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Did our accords have an intermediate shaft?
It's been a while since I've owned one.

cygnus x-1
11-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Did our accords have an intermediate shaft?
It's been a while since I've owned one.

No intermediate shaft.

C|