PDA

View Full Version : Power loss (Electrical)

Ayeobe
11-21-2008, 07:38 PM
K so i was drivin around.. and at every red light, before the light turnd green, the lights would dim to the point where it looks like they're off, and then when i revv it to just 1200rpm they come back to normal. the car would go down in the 200rpm range when the lights dim.

I turned off the car when i got home, and its not bothering to crank now. The battry is like.... 2 months old, i beleve.

The altornator is charging at 14.xx volts, and as long as im driving all is coo'
kinda dissapointing?! i have work tomorow, and ill have to take the bus if this shit aint fixed... *shudders*
Or i might have to take my moms 2003 Protege5... ew. rofl.

AccordB20A
11-21-2008, 08:03 PM
might be a battery connection at fault, or a battery ground, thats the usual case.

rfiks
11-21-2008, 08:13 PM
are the wires (etc.) firmly secured to the terminals? my first thought when it comes 2 electrical is fuzes-but thats probly not the problem right?

Ayeobe
11-21-2008, 08:17 PM
guess ill remove the battry and look at where the ground wire goes.. but its kinda -10C right now and no sun to help.. so ill do that prolly tomorow.

on second thought ill mesure resistane between the neg terminal and the body of the car...and then resistance 'tween + and the fuse box. :D

Any other possibilities?