PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure regulator/ vacuum line

89sei89dx
11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
i was reaading on some other intgra and lude sites and . someone was syin on one of thheir posts thhat they had unplugged the vacum line off thhe top of the fpr and it made there car run faster or did somthing that made them happy . im still not sure why they did it. and i waas looking in te integra and accord service manuals. and it saaid for testing to unhook thhevac line to test fpr and it should be about 6 to 10 psi more with the line unhooked and pinched /capped. so i was wondering about that and thought i got a couple of extraa engines if somthing real bad happens . so i unhooked that and capped it all and drove it down theroad by my house a few times and it was a lil quicker and seemed to pull a lil harder in thhe top end and accel.. . . i do stupid shhit somtimes just trytin to figure things out/ see whahat will happedn. my question is whhat will that do to my car . bad mpg or mess somthing up. it ran fine and idled fine didnt get hot or smelll of gas or anything . just a lil quicker.sodo u all thhink i hhurt my engine . or will if i run it like that once in a while. also sorry igot a f'd up keyboard. thhats why i spell all bad and miss spaces and extra letters

Rendon LX-i
11-23-2008, 11:12 PM
As far as i know you supose to have vacum on your FPR...but I never heard of that sam so idk bro...

89sei89dx
11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
i drove again tonighht. it had more power around low rpms like 2000 to 2500 area . and its got better top end also 4000 to 6500. i figure its probably eatin my gas up quick if its doin anything. runs good tho. still checkin im not gonna leave it like that i just read like someone whho was racin alot or somthin said he undid thhe vac from thhat or somthing for more pressure for a race i think. i dont remember . it was on teaam integra i think.

gfrg88
11-23-2008, 11:37 PM
go to ebay and just get a cheap fpr.. youll be happy ;)

89sei89dx
11-23-2008, 11:56 PM
im gonna get one of those .i looked at the how to and was like thats easy enough .what does it do .when u adjust it . i know adjust but whhat is the outcome what will happen to my car when i do get one. and adjust it. ijust did thhis cause i read of somone doin it on an acura b18 and so i wondered and tried it to see and so i could tell everyone here if it did anything .i would have done it on thhe teg but i have a problem getting it started and i dont know anyone with enough knowledge that has time to help me look at it. ive hhad it runnin and it runs good but it just wont start. it will turn over and over. but no fire. it has spark and fuel and i checked thhe coil aand ignition module.?????

labeledsk8r
11-23-2008, 11:59 PM
its does exactly as its named Fuel Presure Regulator, you can adjust how much psi of fuel your running (richer/leaner) might be good to get a gauge with it aswell..