PDA

View Full Version : setex suspensions are available for the 86-89 accord

mykwikcoupe
11-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I sent them an email and asked if they were made or not because I was reading an old thread about it. they said they make the racing
Hi Mike,

Yes we produce the accord for racing as well.

The racing units are under the series Selex CR80 that you could see in our web (www.selexsuspension.com). This product line includes automatic valving system for rebound and compression (AVS), also we produce them openable and reparable. The rods are 12.5mm and not 11mm like originals.

We accept credit card or cash.

We need 50% before producing and the balance at delivery.

We need 5 days for production at present time.

The listings are not available in the web because as we mentioned we could manufacture any type of suspension available in the market.

Hope to have answered your questions if not please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail or phone. 514-322-3062

Best Regards

Benito

Selex Suspension

9282 Le Prado

St-Leonard,Quebec

Montreal, Canada

H1P 3B4

t: 514-322-3062

f: 514-322-1077

e-mail: [email protected]

www.selexsuspension.com

I can send them more emails asking about it but the website will probably answer most of them. I just thought it may be helpful for those willing to buy tokicos thinking they are the best they can get anymore since the konis are non existant and the bilsteins revalved are over a grand. Mike

codyJDM
11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
That is awesome. Price range?

When I kill my Tokicos I will look into these.

mykwikcoupe
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM
not sure on prices, I didnt think to ask that. They come in any configuration under the racing link on their site they make customs for anything.

Rendon LX-i
11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
looking good...let us know on the price man

codyJDM
11-24-2008, 09:40 PM
looking good...let us know on the price man

x2 this got me interested

carotman
11-25-2008, 09:34 AM
This has been talked about a long time ago

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56739&highlight=selex

I guess it never went through.

It would be nice to have a full custom adjustable suspension.

Tdurr
11-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Just something like agx's would be nice, being able to go to soft for DD, and stiff for track.... once you guys get a price and i get a job im getting some lol...

mykwikcoupe
11-25-2008, 04:27 PM
thats what I wes responding to carot. I was reading that thread but it never said if they are available or not. I went ahead and found out. yes they are available but on a biuld for basis. If you send them your stock suspension or at least tell them what its for they will biuld you a full bodies coilover for your car to your specs.

markmdz89hatch
11-26-2008, 06:14 AM
me likey. Mike, let's see what the pricing looks like on these. I'm a little confused about their offerings of their 'coil-over type' and their 'CSA type'. What the hell is the difference?

mykwikcoupe
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Good news more answers. If you have any more questions please let me know. Ive been dealing with Benito and he's a great guy and loves his job obviously. Email responces are typically answered in 24 hours. So Far Im pretty impressed with this company. I know in the spring ill be ordering a set especially at these prices.
Thank you Benito, this is great information to hear. They stopped producing Koni reds for us so the only option in a few years have been getting Bilstien struts revalved. Im on an Accord forum and I suggested your product to the masses. This in turn has netted me a few more questions.

Can you tell me the prices of each model available in a breakdown either per corner or front and rear sets? This would really help people plan for future orders.

A: SR40 = 150$/PCS, TR60= 175$/PCS, CR80= 195$/PCS

Someone had also asked what the difference is between the "coil-over" type and the "csa style"? They appear to be listed as very similar.

A: CSA= Custom shock absorber and this are for all applications that are not in the coilover list or applications that need specific damping,body,shafts,spring rates or performance.

Is it possible to order them with shorter rods for lowered suspensions on the 40, 60, 80 style struts?

A: YES

What would it take to get a set made? Do you have the design saved or would you need a strut for comparision? Do you need spring weights and valving or would you be able to help figure this information out?

A: For the series SR40 or TR60 or CR80 = 24 to 48hrs - 50% depostit before production and the balance at delivery. Selex as all the specs for the model you are asking.

Is there any benefit to a group buy even though each would probably a custom dimension for their choice of spring height drop?

A: Yes: We need 10 sets of orders and more at same time – We ask 50% deposit for every order. I believe that this will be for a full coilover kit (CSA). The cost for coilovers are $1400.00 / set and Selex could offer a group discount of 10% if we have one production to make.

88LXi68
12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
i already have custom konis but this is interesting and i may be interested in a set. i am curious as to their quality. what is their most popular application?

2drSE-i
12-03-2008, 01:38 PM
interesting. So for a group buy of 10 it would be $14,000 - 10% = 12600, Which breaks down to 1260 a person. 50% of that is 630, which is due before production. A little steep, but for full bodied coilovers i think this is pretty good. How adjustable are they, any idea?

snoopyloopy
12-03-2008, 03:19 PM
interesting. So for a group buy of 10 it would be $14,000 - 10% = 12600, Which breaks down to 1260 a person. 50% of that is 630, which is due before production. A little steep, but for full bodied coilovers i think this is pretty good. How adjustable are they, any idea?
might as well put that at $1300/person at the time of production bc they said they have turnaround time of a week at most. so i know i don't ball like that (except around tax time :lol:) where i can drop $650 twice in a row. so not to kill group buy idea, but make sure you get good estimate on turnaround time. they want 50% before, but then if they turn around in just a week, they're gonna want the rest then and i doubt we all wanna be waiting for our shit that's done while someone is scraping together their pennies.

mykwikcoupe
12-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Ive got 3 sets of konis myself. Im just hoping to toss out the seeds so i dont hve to keep listening to people complain about bilsteins and tokicos anymore. This is an option although a steep one ill agree. I wont start a GB or anything just trying to help.

MessyHonda
12-05-2008, 01:06 AM
well for that price i might as well sent in my konis to get done.

mykwikcoupe
12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
if you do messy you will ove them. I put a stock set on the white hatch and they ride horrible compared to the setup ones from my coupe. I just need to pull them 12 more times till I gewt them dialed in just right.

markmdz89hatch
12-07-2008, 06:18 AM
if you do messy you will ove them. I put a stock set on the white hatch and they ride horrible compared to the setup ones from my coupe. I just need to pull them 12 more times till I gewt them dialed in just right.

Didn't you opt for the externally adjustable or no?

mykwikcoupe
12-07-2008, 10:59 AM
ive only got one set externally adjustable and its on the coupe. i put a regular red set on the hatch.