PDA

View Full Version : low fuel light now working???

87acc
11-26-2008, 01:14 AM
The low fuel light and all the lights in that row right above the rpm and speedo gages arn't working... i checked all the fuses there all fine. Its an 87 hatch with and S on the back. The S confuses me also because i can't find a model that has an S on it besides mine. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the dash lights?

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 06:00 AM
do your backup lights work? and there is no s three g only an sei,unless someone changed the badge.

russiankid
11-26-2008, 07:11 AM
do your backup lights work? and there is no s three g only an sei,unless someone changed the badge.

S was in Canada. I've seen two board members with the S on there hatchies.

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 07:16 AM
S was in Canada. I've seen two board members with the S on there hatchies.oh he didn't say where he was i figured it was an apc thing someone stuck on

russiankid
11-26-2008, 07:23 AM
oh he didn't say where he was i figured it was an apc thing someone stuck on

The S models had manual steering racks.:bong:

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 07:48 AM
The S models had manual steering racks.:bong:I want his steering rack and crossmember.

Toneloc5145
11-26-2008, 08:53 AM
I believe the S model in Canada is equivalent to the DX in the U.S., with a couple of difference. One being the manual steering rack.

carotman
11-26-2008, 09:18 AM
The manual rack was only available in 1986-87 but you gould get an "S" with power Steering (which most people did)

For the lights, maybe something in the gauge cluster is broken. Remove it and check the wiring.

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM
according to my wiring diagram it's on the same circuit as the US ones, most of those lights are on the backup light fuse,as well as the tach. if you blow that fuse on the US car, all those items quit working. I can't remember if it's under the dash or under the hood.

87acc
11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
ya, i live in canada that would explain the s, and yes lol i defenatly dont have power steering, Thx for all the help ive been looking for a site like this for months. I think it might be the bulb burnt out maybe, but the weird thing is aparently im suposed to have a seatbelt beeper??? and i dont could that maybe have something to do with the low fuel light?

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 05:49 PM
ya, i live in canada that would explain the s, and yes lol i defenatly dont have power steering, Thx for all the help ive been looking for a site like this for months. I think it might be the bulb burnt out maybe, but the weird thing is aparently im suposed to have a seatbelt beeper??? and i dont could that maybe have something to do with the low fuel light?i think your car has a bulb check relay behind the fuse box inside of the car. that could be it let me see if i can find my book,what all isn't working?

87acc
11-26-2008, 05:56 PM
ok the low fuel light isnt working, the aparent seatbelt beep that ive never herd lol, and theres i think one more light in the same row as the low fuel light. the wireings weird in the car, sometimes the chimes for the lights dont work... and the keys in the egnition beep rarely works, i dono im pretty stumped ive checked alot of places.

87acc
11-26-2008, 05:59 PM
i know this is off topic but i had a person coment on my car last night and i was just wondering, are the stripes and the hood scoop a bad idea?

russiankid
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
i know this is off topic but i had a person coment on my car last night and i was just wondering, are the stripes and the hood scoop a bad idea?

Yeah they make the car look bad.

lostforawhile
11-26-2008, 07:30 PM
does the canadian car have the multifunction box in the center of the dash below the radio? as far as the key in beep,if your car has a lot of miles,theres a mechanical switch in the key switch. it's probably worn out.

87roach
11-27-2008, 09:16 AM
does the canadian car have the multifunction box in the center of the dash below the radio?

Yes.

lostforawhile
11-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes.if there are no seat belt beeps it could be unplugged.

Dr_Snooz
11-27-2008, 01:34 PM
ok the low fuel light isnt working, the aparent seatbelt beep that ive never herd lol, and theres i think one more light in the same row as the low fuel light. the wireings weird in the car, sometimes the chimes for the lights dont work... and the keys in the egnition beep rarely works, i dono im pretty stumped ive checked alot of places.

Let's see, you've given up the low fuel light to get rid of all the irritating noises? Sounds like a fair trade off to me!

As for the stripes, if you like them, who cares what anyone else thinks? Your car is unique and fun. You've got the S on the back, so everybody will think you have crazy fast engine mods under the scoop. Roll with it!

lostforawhile
11-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Let's see, you've given up the low fuel light to get rid of all the irritating noises? Sounds like a fair trade off to me!

As for the stripes, if you like them, who cares what anyone else thinks? Your car is unique and fun. You've got the S on the back, so everybody will think you have crazy fast engine mods under the scoop. Roll with it!I think you have a number of problems, the key in beep is a mechanical switch that is part of the mechanical ignition key assembly. it's probably worn out, the low fuel light could be the sender, after this many years that part of the sender may be shot. hey are those s badges available at the junkyards? no one here would ever know the difference. mine is so far from stock I could probably call it anything and it be accurate. lol.