PDA

View Full Version : Even MORE Problems...

three6ohchris
09-25-2002, 06:25 PM
well, i gave this car all i could... i have about 3 oil leaks, the brakes are at 20%, rotors are below nominal thickness, my the drive axle boots are all tore up... suspension is going.... i think its safe to say that i was sold a lemon.

let me give you the quotes i got to repair these things...

Engine leaking oil from rear main, pan gasket, and timing cover.
Repair rear main and pan gasket - 225.00
(timing cover started leaking when water pump was replaced, so it should be covered with the warranty, according to the shop)

Boots broken on drive axles
New drive axles - 475.00

Front brakes at 20% and rotors below nominal thickness
New brakes and rotors - 425.00
(I am fixing this on my own)

New rear brakes – 125.00

Front wheel alignment – 75.00

Need new front tires – 50.00 – 60.00

Suspension –“All 4 corners” - 650.00

So im looking at over 2k in costs to fix it... i have already replaced the clutch, water pump, various other parts for over 1500, i have paid over 2k on the car already...

SO, i am going to replace the brakes.... degrease the engine, replace the tires.... and trade tha muh' fucca in. ima screw a dealership, just like they screwed me.... sorry guys but my 3 geez experience has been a bad one. I appreciate all the help i have been offered, but to me the money isnt worth it for the car... there is too much wrong with it. The people that owned it before me obviously didnt take care of it. So im lookin at a 4geez accord, like a 93. ill let ya know what i end up with

PhydeauX
09-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the world of having an older car.

andy

P.S. The timing cover doesn't seal any engin oil. Its most likey the cam seal thats gone bad. I wouldn't expect that to be covered under a waranty for a waterpump.

three6ohchris
09-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by PhydeauX
Welcome to the world of having an older car.

andy

P.S. The timing cover doesn't seal any engin oil. Its most likey the cam seal thats gone bad. I wouldn't expect that to be covered under a waranty for a waterpump.

lol, i dunno.... thats probably it, i was just reading off what was written on this quote...

1989se-i
09-25-2002, 07:14 PM
Mine cost Alot less than that to fix

three6ohchris
09-25-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 1989se-i
Mine cost Alot less than that to fix
well then you are lucky.... i wish i knew who owned this car before me so i could wrastle em down

smufguy
09-25-2002, 08:29 PM
spent 1700bucks on the car and not to mention 500 bucks on efi conversion, then mufflers, then cat.......... list adds on

GreenMachine
09-25-2002, 09:37 PM
Well front brakes 425 $ sounds rich
pads and rotors are like 75can $ (for the cheaper OEM replacement) Not sure about caliper price though, I can't see calipers being $350. You could always get the calipers at a wrecker for now, just check them out before buying. I bought one 2 days ago for 13$ in fine condition.

I know what its like I think Iwas in your shoes but I had sunk to much in to look back, and i didn't want to take the chance of being stuck with another problem car. but now she's all good.
But definetly hear ya dude ! good luck

RedneckRicer
09-25-2002, 10:24 PM
i hear ya bout a lemon, i had to do all new front suspension, had motor work done, 7 auto tranny's (aamco is "the suck"), new tires, had new front suspension parts break on me (defective balljoint) all new brakes put on, had to have the sun roof fixed. all in all, i've got around 10k wrapped up in the ol' 3g and not much to show for it. as far as brakes, i think the people sellin ya brakes are tryin to get you to pick up the soap too, cuz i paid $57 all together for NEW rotors and new Raybestos brake pads. 17 a pop for rotors (auto star) and 23 for pads. i don't think the axles should be that much either, which by the way, are pretty easy to replace. providing you drain your tranny first (didn't during the 5 speed swap.... learned why i should have in a downpour of fried 30w outta the ol' auto) but sometimes its better to replace most of the things with good deals, cuz chances are, someone else might be doing the same thing you are with another car that you might end up with...ya know? anyhow, good luck with the 3g, when its all said and done they're great cars.

PS... they're even better when they have two 12" subs and a 5 speed, oh so much fun to drive then:devil:

three6ohchris
09-25-2002, 10:55 PM
PS - those prices included labor....

like i said, im gonna do the brakes n rotors on my own...
other stuff i just dont have the 1)time 2)tools 3)place and 4)knowledge to most of the stuff...

i live in an apt building. no workin on the cars in the lot.
i got gruff when i was installing my amp....
bleh

1988starter
09-26-2002, 06:26 AM
First buy haynes manual and see what you can do your self.