PDA

View Full Version : Color Change

canadian357
11-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Seeing as how I cant afford to reupholster my whole car AND replace the carpet, what should I use to dye my interior fabrics? I'm going from maroon to black. Also, can I change the color of my gauge cluster backlighting? How do I do that?

ghettogeddy
11-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Seeing as how I cant afford to reupholster my whole car AND replace the carpet, what should I use to dye my interior fabrics? I'm going from maroon to black. Also, can I change the color of my gauge cluster backlighting? How do I do that?

i personaly would just buy some real nice seat covers ive seen a few on here that looked real good if installed right
and as far as changing the back light its not tech the light that has the color but the actual gauge face

the bulbs are blue but the paint on the gauge is green
so thats why its the color it is

you can try and find some reverse glow gauges like the ones i have or you can do the mod a couple others did and scrap the color of the back and change the bulbs

also you might get some quicker better answers if you name your threads what your actually doing lol this one was closer to the topic but you whats going on one dosent really help lol

canadian357
11-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Is the paint on the back of the gauge or the front? In theory, could I just get some hobby glow paint and paint it a different color? I kinda like the idea of white numbers on black face, like the 07 style accords. 2 more things... can I make my own gauge faces? And where do I get the metal gauge cover like MessyHonda's?