PDA

View Full Version : Bumper lights

Rendon LX-i
11-27-2008, 06:06 PM
I was asking a member on here how to convert your Bumper lights to steady on lights...so when u turn on your parking lights not just your side markers are on but also your bumper lights looks really good i went to go look at the harness i just dont know which wire to tap into from the bumper lights...Did i lose you guys, or do you understand me?

Rendon

labeledsk8r
11-27-2008, 06:36 PM
you need a new harness... you need a dual filliment kinda like a taillight harness.. one line for the on allways light then the second for the blinker itself... then just wire it up

Civic Accord Honda
11-27-2008, 06:46 PM
ok go to junkyard grab the 88-89 front bumper lights then cut it to fit the 88-89 to fit ur 96-87 bumper then get some dual filament tail light bulb sockets wire then up to the wires that were there then run the extra wire to the corner light then get some silverstar bulbs and bam :D

codyJDM
11-27-2008, 07:10 PM
You just need to repin one wire. it is really easy. I'm about to do the same. You take the constant wire from the corner signals and wire it to the bumper lights in place of the old. I will look up which wire is which in my service manual and get back to you.

A18A
11-27-2008, 07:30 PM
tap into the red/black wire

codyJDM
11-27-2008, 07:41 PM
tap into the red/black wire

Cool, I was just gonna sit there and test each wire haha. can't seem to find them in my HSM.

Rendon LX-i
11-27-2008, 08:00 PM
thats great...thanks for the info cody and A18 let me know how it looks

Rendonlxi

Sik_sohc
11-27-2008, 08:18 PM
you liked my idea alot didnt you dewd heres how it should look

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/sanjidolic/3geez.jpg

Rendon LX-i
11-27-2008, 09:53 PM
lol yeah i see this way back in 04 but im was like nay now im like ooooyea lol...

Rendonlxi

labeledsk8r
11-27-2008, 10:10 PM
You just need to repin one wire. it is really easy. I'm about to do the same. You take the constant wire from the corner signals and wire it to the bumper lights in place of the old. I will look up which wire is which in my service manual and get back to you.

thats to make it steady on then flash on off with with blinker right?

never thought of doing it that way.. allways thought the allways on then dimmer to brighter looked better.. mostly the same as 240's and stuff.. guess it depends on what you like

codyJDM
11-27-2008, 10:15 PM
you liked my idea alot didnt you dewd heres how it should look

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/sanjidolic/3geez.jpg

Yeah dude I love it, it's gonna look sick with my yellow fogs.

I'll post up pics of how mine comes out as well.

Sik_sohc
11-27-2008, 10:18 PM
sounds good cody

Civic Accord Honda
11-27-2008, 10:27 PM
thats to make it steady on then flash on off with with blinker right?

never thought of doing it that way.. allways thought the allways on then dimmer to brighter looked better.. mostly the same as 240's and stuff.. guess it depends on what you like
word thats why i did it with the tail light sockets... its just a PIA to do on the 86-87/all year hatch bumper but i did do it was not that hard to me :D

89sei89dx
11-28-2008, 01:57 AM
if u wanted u could switch the wires on thhe bumper lights with the wires of the corner lights. u know the little ones beside the headlight that are always on dont blink. it would take 10 minutes. and easy to swich back. ive done it before. looks like sic sohc but clear lenses with white lights. i been thinkin bout doin it again . . ill do it and then show ya mine

Sik_sohc
11-28-2008, 01:59 AM
if u wanted u could switch the wires on thhe bumper lights with the wires of the corner lights. u know the little ones beside the headlight that are always on dont blink. it would take 10 minutes. and easy to swich back. ive done it before. looks like sic sohc but clear lenses with white lights. i been thinkin bout doin it again . . ill do it and then show ya mine

actually all of mine blink it pretty cool

89sei89dx
11-28-2008, 02:06 AM
thats cool ,do they all blink at the same time or offset like sock, u know front thhen side then front again .... i just meant they are ON like yours unlke alot of thhe caars here and white.

Sik_sohc
11-28-2008, 02:08 AM
thats cool ,do they all blink at the same time or offset like sock, u know front thhen side then front again .... i just meant they are ON like yours unlke alot of thhe caars here and white.

front then side looks cool though im getting it painted white or black with 75 shot of nos and drag dr20 wheels should be dope