PDA

View Full Version : Quiet exhaust

2drSE-i
11-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Alright guys, ive had enough of the pissed off bumble bee exhaust i have now, and getting into the police academy here will not allow it. They do a full inspection of your car upon entrance. What i need to know is what i can put on my car now to bring it back to stock look, sound and emmissions.

I plan on going back to either stock 1.75" piping, a stock replacement cat. What i need to know is what i can do for resonator and quiet muffler, and still have it look good.

Thanks for the input!

Hauntd ca3
11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
i'd personally tell them to take a flying leap.
they shouldnt be able to refuse entry because your car aint quiet and boring as a camry.
but try putting another straight thru glass pack style muffler in.
shuld quieten it down and lose the rasp
or a differant rear muffler

evil88accordLX
11-29-2008, 02:08 AM
yeah thats messed up. i know that here lots of the local sherrifs and deputies have loud ass modified vehicles of some kind or another. does OK have state vehicle inspections? that could be why. we dont have them here anymore. and it KICKS ASS!

perhaps someone on here has a stock exhaust laying around unused...

2oodoor
11-29-2008, 02:53 AM
I would just put a good standard muffler on it, do not change back to tiniy pipes! It is a twenty year old car, who would give a crap if it were original or not?

Pico
11-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Not sure on what would work right for you being that stock would probably be the only way to go with a quiet exhaust. Most aftermarket exhaust IMO would still be a bit loud/raspy to satisfy the Academy's requirements in your area.
And Big Congrats for making into the Police Academy

2drSE-i
11-29-2008, 08:41 AM
i havent made it yet actually, but thanks pico! just looking out down the road. The idea here guys is that its technically illegal to modify your car at all in oklahoma if it makes it louder than stock. While alot of people get away with it, they don't want their applicants breaking the law.

Tdurr
11-29-2008, 11:28 AM
^^ get the longest resenator u can find, and a magnaflow muffler, It will be quite till you hit high rpms.

2oodoor
11-29-2008, 05:00 PM
yep stay low in the rpms, and she will whisper. What about your CAI?

Rendon LX-i
11-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Congrats man but...I was raised in Iowa all my life and cops there are DICKS period and picky bout every single thing...And one thing was exhaust and one of the cops there had a camaro with at 454 and blower and straight pipe he didnt give a shit he told me and couple of my friends...he said that his career is not going to stop his love for his car lol...im like wow. But get a stock muffler off a accord or what not or at a j/y.. but they should be giving you crap on how your car is to get in the force i just dont understand the law these days...anyways sorry for the long post lol...

Rendonlxi

MessyHonda
12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
i had to go to a state referee to get my car tested...and it passed...but its still loud.... never downgrade...you just need a better muffler