PDA

View Full Version : rubber bits near rear strut tower?

frantik
11-29-2008, 03:27 AM
The back of my car is kinda noisy and I noticed when i was driving with the seats down there's tons of noise coming from the strut towers, especially on the drivers side. i checked it out and there's kind of a lot of play and also tons of rubber bits which i assume are from the bushing on top of the shock or something?

anyways, how bad is this? is it a sign of something worse or just that the bushing needs to be replaced. i wish i had $$ i need to rebuild my whole suspension i think

Pico
11-29-2008, 06:46 AM
The back of my car is kinda noisy and I noticed when i was driving with the seats down there's tons of noise coming from the strut towers, especially on the drivers side. i checked it out and there's kind of a lot of play and also tons of rubber bits which i assume are from the bushing on top of the shock or something?

anyways, how bad is this? is it a sign of something worse or just that the bushing needs to be replaced. i wish i had $$ i need to rebuild my whole suspension i think

sounds like the rear upper mount going bad, easy fix.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MCQ&MfrPartNumber=SM7050&PartType=1352&PTSet=A
if it's the tophat part you can get it at a wrecking yard

mushroom_toy
12-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Mine do the same damn thing but my bushings are in good shape. Ive taken apart the whole rear suspension at least 3 times and cant seem to fix the squeeking.

Rendon LX-i
12-03-2008, 07:36 PM
maybe your bearing shot so there for your wheel is loose cauing it to rub against something or your up control arm bushing went out causing it to rub also. If it was the strut...you would of had some kind of 3 wheel motion lol. happen to me once it was the upper control arm it self idk why but it was that.

Rendon