PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Leak

bank2me
11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
So my car has an injector leak from only one of the injectors. Now I tried takin it apart but apparently I didnt de pressurize the system cause when I went to take the fuel rail off Fauckin gas everywhere. I was goin by my haynes manual they said to depressurize the fuel system I have to undo a bolt on the filter Idk if I undid the wrong bolt cause the fuckin pic is a shitty one. Does anyone have a proper pic of the correct bolt to undo or am I doin somethin else wrong?

lostforawhile
11-29-2008, 03:47 PM
So my car has an injector leak from only one of the injectors. Now I tried takin it apart but apparently I didnt de pressurize the system cause when I went to take the fuel rail off Fauckin gas everywhere. I was goin by my haynes manual they said to depressurize the fuel system I have to undo a bolt on the filter Idk if I undid the wrong bolt cause the fuckin pic is a shitty one. Does anyone have a proper pic of the correct bolt to undo or am I doin somethin else wrong?
just pull the fuel pump fuse and run it until it runs out of gas

bank2me
11-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Is that ok to do I mean the book sais there is the bolt but idk man?

Rendon LX-i
11-29-2008, 04:12 PM
i just got a rag and on the fuel rail theres a banjo bolt man and wrap it and loosen it and your rag well get soaked but after that everything comes to play..

Rendon

Dr_Snooz
11-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I never mess with that bleed bolt. I just take my first part off carefully and let it drain. Of course, I do get to breathe gas for the rest of the day...

lostforawhile
11-30-2008, 12:45 AM
I never mess with that bleed bolt. I just take my first part off carefully and let it drain. Of course, I do get to breathe gas for the rest of the day...most books i've seen have told me to pull the fuse on a fuel injected car and just run the gas out,but i think for this one it does say to put a rag over the bolt. I prefer the first method myself. gets rid of most of the pressure.

w261w261
11-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Speaking of breathing gas....I have a '73 Honda CL450 (Scrambler). For the first time in 8 years of ownership I left the petcock valve open for about a week before noticing. On these old bikes, this is a no-no because the gas drips down through the carbs and into the crankcase. Those that try to start the DOHC motor after this happens...well, you can imagine. In my case, I knew that the open petcock meant an immediate oil change, so into the basement it went.

I must have had close to an extra gallon of gas in the oil. When I unscrewed the plug, it was like a torrent of thin fluid blowing out the hole. And the smell...whew! I drained it into one of those flying saucer oil change receptacles, but I was a little concerned about the gas vapors, being in the basement next to the oil burner and all. Anyway, I've been putting hand cream on my hands for the past two days, and they are just now recovering from the instant chapping.