PDA

View Full Version : Today is the beginning of making 3geez history!

codyJDM
11-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Meeting up with 2ndgenguy in a few hours to pick up his spare head, then I will be grabbing a j/y cam and dropping it all off to Bisimoto Engineering this week for R&D and parts development. I'll snap a few pictures of me and 2ndgen's car, and Snoopyloopy if he comes as well. :rockon:

2ndGenGuy
12-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah I hope good things come from it! Good luck!

mushroom_toy
12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I would be excited about bisi....but considering all the stuff they make will be expensive....guess its not going on my car. lol.

gfrg88
12-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I would be excited about bisi....but considering all the stuff they make will be expensive....guess its not going on my car. lol.

thats always the problem with everyone on here.. no matter how good the products are, people on here will not pay up.. sorry, just the truth :dunno:

mykwikcoupe
12-01-2008, 09:49 PM
thats not true. Theirs lots of us that have nice parts. The problems are the car is so old most people that own them dont have the want or need to spend the money some products cost. these cars last forever if taken care of and most are showing so. Who wants to dump a grand on performance, suspension or otherwise parts on a car with over 200k on it. Why not just drive it into the dirt and swap stock for stock when it breaks.

Those of us that rebiuld these cars or are lucky enough to find them with super low miles or at least have a genuine enfactuation for the care are the ones who typically buy up those expensive parts as they show up not leaving much for anyone else.

Lots of times Ive been part of 1 time only group buys which means not many people have the parts. Bet if they made 20 they could sell 20 but could they warrent the price? Lets hope so

snoopyloopy
12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
thats not true. Theirs lots of us that have nice parts. The problems are the car is so old most people that own them dont have the want or need to spend the money some products cost. these cars last forever if taken care of and most are showing so. Who wants to dump a grand on performance, suspension or otherwise parts on a car with over 200k on it. Why not just drive it into the dirt and swap stock for stock when it breaks.

Those of us that rebiuld these cars or are lucky enough to find them with super low miles or at least have a genuine enfactuation for the care are the ones who typically buy up those expensive parts as they show up not leaving much for anyone else.

Lots of times Ive been part of 1 time only group buys which means not many people have the parts. Bet if they made 20 they could sell 20 but could they warrent the price? Lets hope so

yeah, but 20 of what? i remember for the ge cam gear buys they wanted minimum order of 50 and was it nswt8 footed the difference, which was a decent number. and i've been kinda mia lately, but idt he ever sold all the extras did he? but i'm with you, i hope they'll do a 20 group buy, could be easier to assemble than a 50, depending on what the part is of course.

mushroom_toy
12-01-2008, 11:05 PM
thats always the problem with everyone on here.. no matter how good the products are, people on here will not pay up.. sorry, just the truth :dunno:

Actually I wouldnt buy any super expensive parts for any of my cars...The highest thing I pay for is tires. I enjoy my cars to a certain point, but there are far more important things in life, like paying my bills and keeping a roof over my head. :) Really the only way I would have a car with all of these awesome high dollar parts on it was if I were to get sponsored and I dont see that happening, so im happy with what I have. :)

YK86
12-02-2008, 01:41 AM
yeah, but 20 of what? i remember for the ge cam gear buys they wanted minimum order of 50 and was it nswt8 footed the difference, which was a decent number. and i've been kinda mia lately, but idt he ever sold all the extras did he? but i'm with you, i hope they'll do a 20 group buy, could be easier to assemble than a 50, depending on what the part is of course.

Wow....I wasn't around much when that group buy was put up but damn, that must of sucked for nswt8 if he wasn't able to sell them all. I put together a couple GB's (JDM corner lights and Colt cams) way back when and it was unbelieveable the number of people who sign up and then not have the courtesy of letting me know they are no longer interested.

Anyways, I'm all for getting parts made, and huge props to the guys putting in their own time to make it happen. Good luck!!

snoopyloopy
12-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Wow....I wasn't around much when that group buy was put up but damn, that must of sucked for nswt8 if he wasn't able to sell them all. I put together a couple GB's (JDM corner lights and Colt cams) way back when and it was unbelieveable the number of people who sign up and then not have the courtesy of letting me know they are no longer interested.

Anyways, I'm all for getting parts made, and huge props to the guys putting in their own time to make it happen. Good luck!!

yeah i know some ppl of preludepower jumped in and he also ebay'd the rest that he had left. but yeah, the ppl interested and then not paying was kinda decent but then when nswt8 stepped in and said he'd foot the diff, more people were suddenly committed lol. if we find another big rolla like that who'll foot the diff on another group buy, i think there'll be more success. i think it was az racemachine? they were gonna do a set of b-series mounts including r&d, but they backed out bc 20 sets wasn't gonna justify it for them economically. and ur was gonna do underdrive pulleys as well, but backed out for same reason, i believe. but if someone will foot the difference on some of those ideas, i'm sure they'll get done easier and then that person can just ebay the remainder. i'd say it's only fair to them to make a little money on top off a project like that, especially if they end up buying a good portion of the stock with no one committed to buying it from them.

2drSE-i
12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, phil did sell the rest of the cam gears. Im really excited about this deal, but lets all remember that specifics have not been discussed. We have no idea what hes willing to produce, the minimum orders that will be made, etc etc. I really hope this works out, dont get me wrong, and Bisi seems like a pretty cool guy. We will see.

stat1K
12-03-2008, 02:09 PM
bisi is a cool guy and i hope this goes well for everyone... curious to see what comes out of this... you guys looked into his header designs for the d-series or b-series... simply beautiful.

i'm still with gio on what he said though as our opinions are constantly proved to be true.

2drSE-i
12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I prefer to be a bit more optimistic. I know full well that everyone on the board is short on money, and most of the ones who are have moved on to better things. There is still hope though.

snoopyloopy
12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
yeah, to be honest, if i had more money, i'd probably not spend very much on 3g because there's other cars out there that are shinier and a little faster :lol:. but since i have it, might as well make most of what i got, and i probably will keep it for some time since it's quite fun to drive as is. could be worse.

2drSE-i
12-23-2008, 09:02 PM
I would give it a few months nothing happens over night. expectially if it's on a motor they have never done any production on.

i would agree with you, but we have still yet to drop the head off at bisi. Just waiting on parts to come together.

snoopyloopy
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
ok, since i had the cam, cody just transferred the head to me. so i'll drop it off, most likely tuesday. but first, dropping it at bisi. who do i drop it with, what do i tell them, etc.?

Tdurr
01-18-2009, 04:37 PM
^^ i think u gotta call/e-mail them a day or two before and they will tell u to drop it off at.

2drSE-i
01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Just call the day you wanna go, they should be expecting us.

rfiks
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
b-series mounts, bisi parts (comin' soon)a lotta cool stuffs going on around here:naughty:!

snoopyloopy
01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
ok, no specific person over there who knows about the project that i need to talk to?

2drSE-i
01-20-2009, 09:14 AM
no no specific person. The R&D department should be expecting someone from us. They might not be since its been a while.

codyJDM
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I just received word that Snoopy has officially dropped the head and cam off to Bisimoto Engineering.

Sweet! :D

snoopyloopy
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
yep, it's been left. bisi wasn't there so i left it w/ the secretary looking girl. she said she'll give him the stuff and he'll figure out what he's gonna do. i'm guessing he'll probably come on here w/ info presently.

2drSE-i
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
as in on the forum? that would be awesome to hear directly from him. Again, thanks snoopy for the cam, and thanks 2ndGenGuy for the head. Without you guy's donation it would have been impossible for this to happen.

2ndGenGuy
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM
No problem! Glad to see the progress! I got a text from somebody today, was that you, Snoopy?

Tdurr
01-20-2009, 07:16 PM
as in on the forum? that would be awesome to hear directly from him. Again, thanks snoopy for the cam, and thanks 2ndGenGuy for the head. Without you guy's donation it would have been impossible for this to happen.

i would have been able to send you a cam! lol im just glad to see this happen, i wonder wut they are gonna be able to do...

markmdz89hatch
01-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Alright guys, per request, I have cleaned up this and the other Bisi thread just to make it much easier for everyone to browse through it to see exactly what's going on with this....

(I'll be deleting this post too as soon as it's been out there for a bit so no one has to just wonder why I deleted their posts.)

snoopyloopy
01-21-2009, 01:50 PM

idk, i gave them your name and 3geez sn since you were the one who started the last bisi thread where this head-getting concept developed. i figure someone might remember corresponding with you. and i also gave them the site in case they wanna meander by and see what's going on and all or whatever.

Tdurr
01-25-2009, 09:52 PM
any update?

2drSE-i
01-25-2009, 10:37 PM
havent heard anything on my end, what about you snoopy?

2drSE-i
01-26-2009, 09:38 AM
OK guys great news! I heard from bisi today. Heres the email:

The head was dropped off, but without contact info. The camshaft has been evaluated and we have designs for:
level 1: (street): $209
Level 2: $209
Level 1.2 (turbo street): $209
Level 2.3 (nitrous): $209
Level 2.4 (turbo race): $426
Level 3 (n/a race): $426
The levels 1-2.3 are regrinds, and levels 2.4 and 3 are "stellite enhance buildups". They all require a customer to submit a stock core, and take 7-10 business days to process.

Head-work is $1000 for porting, appropriate polishing, balancing of combustion chambers, sonic cleaning, new seals, competition valve job with Bisimoto proprietary radius cut, and surfacing.

We are still in the process of evaluating the valve springs for the a-series.

Thank you for your interest in Bisimoto Engineering's technology.

Lab. dept.
www.bisimoto.com

A cam gear was not included in the package. We may be able to help in the realm if a factory one is sent in.

Ok so i guess they really wanna make a cam gear for us. If anyone locally wants to run a stock one to them i'd really appreciate it.

markmdz89hatch
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
if there's no one locally with one, I'm willing to ship them one of mine. lmk.

great work on getting these parts to them, and pricing from them on this.

Tdurr
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Hell yea! This is great. Sucks that i just got a delta cam.... oh well.
if u really want a cam gear, i can run to the JY and snatch one real fast.

cubert
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
hes even got the category for the A-series stuff on the website :D

Those prices are great...right around the same as the other stuff...

I wanna see dyno numbers...someone buy one! :lol:

Tdurr
01-26-2009, 02:59 PM
if everyone wants to chip in i'd be more then happy to test the Stock cam, delta 272, and then the bisi stage 1or2 street cam in my car!
hehe....

cubert
01-26-2009, 03:22 PM
if everyone wants to chip in i'd be more then happy to test the Stock cam, delta 272, and then the bisi stage 1or2 street cam in my car!
hehe....

level 3 or nothing :devil:

codyJDM
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I will be purchasing a level 2 cam in the very near future ;)

And when that cam gear is out, I'M SO ON IT.

Tdurr
01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I will be purchasing a level 2 cam in the very near future ;)

And when that cam gear is out, I'M SO ON IT.

x2 on that. I need a cam gear...

and that way i can be like OMG i got bisimoto parts!! im SO JDM TYTE wit no VTEC!!!!!!

codyJDM
01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
x2 on that. I need a cam gear...

and that way i can be like OMG i got bisimoto parts!! im SO JDM TYTE wit no VTEC!!!!!!

haha word, non-vtec ftw!

gfrg88
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
FUCK YEAH!!! I'm glad he's making parts for you guys!!! You guys better get all over these, I hear NOTHING but good things about his parts. Everyone I hear that's used a delta cam and these say, they would NEVER even think of a delta cam ever again!!! GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Vanilla Sky
01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
$1000 for good head prep isn't bad, either.

Tdurr
01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
FUCK YEAH!!! I'm glad he's making parts for you guys!!! You guys better get all over these, I hear NOTHING but good things about his parts. Everyone I hear that's used a delta cam and these say, they would NEVER even think of a delta cam ever again!!! GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Ill prob let u kno about that one within a few months...

codyJDM
01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
I will be grabbing a cam in the next few weeks :)

Tdurr
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
^^ nice

gfrg88
01-28-2009, 07:19 PM

SWEEET!!!! Dyno before and after!! Lets have a dyno meet!! I have to get get mine dynoed now that I finally turbo the daily :D

gfrg88
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM

SWEEET!!!! Dyno before and after!! Lets have a dyno meet!! I have to get get mine dynoed now that I finally turbo the daily :D

Strugglebucket
01-28-2009, 07:43 PM
I wonder if they would do the heat shielding intake manifold gasket?

2drSE-i
01-29-2009, 07:21 AM
I wonder if they would do the heat shielding intake manifold gasket?

probably not. Im pretty sure theyd need a pretty big group buy for that to happen.

markmdz89hatch
01-29-2009, 07:30 AM
shouldn't just a 1/4" thick composite gasket and a good powdercoating of the manny keep most of the heat out? Composite gaskets are not too too difficult to come by.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. ...Struggle --> get this one and cut it down. Runner shape and spacing is identical to the B16/B18, just need to make a few tweaks to the bolt hole locations on the gasket.

http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_39&products_id=124

On second thought: 2drsei --> Why not ask them about this given that they're sooooooo close. Hell, worst case, resort to the option above and presto, problem solved.

edit edit: for reference, hondata makes a h/s gasket too

codyJDM
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM

That would be awesome!! I'll keep you posted. I've never installed a cam before, so it should be fun :D

Hash_man_Se_i
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow, glad to hear someone took the initiative on this one and got the ball rolling. I'm really pleased to hear some progress being made by a well known name in honda motors with the a-series, can't wait to see some results.

snoopyloopy
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
sweet. and lol at there being no contact info left. idk wtf they did w/ the post-it the girl scribbled all over with all kinds of pertinent info. including my name and number. and yeah, i didn't have a cam gear (certainly wasn't taking my ge) to take over there but if someone has a spare or whatever, shoot it over.

2drSE-i
01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
figures. Women huh. I was fully planning on getting my b16 manifold in the future portmatched with the head, doing all the machining necessary, then having it header coated.

gfrg88
01-30-2009, 04:15 PM
figures. Women huh. I was fully planning on getting my b16 manifold in the future portmatched with the head, doing all the machining necessary, then having it header coated.

you should talk them into making one of their badass header for you guys too!!!

cubert
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM

That would be friggin amazing....

And the thing is the price for a brand new bisi header would probably be less than the amount people are willing to pay for a used DC....

gfrg88
01-30-2009, 05:11 PM

And the thing is the price for a brand new bisi header would probably be less than the amount people are willing to pay for a used DC....

AND it would be A LOT better, imho, than DC.

MessyHonda
01-30-2009, 09:47 PM

we need more ppl to turbo the a series

Vanilla Sky
01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
I'd consider an A-turbo before a B swap.

84Accord
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
we need more ppl to turbo the a series

oh man. the only thing ever stopping me on doing a turbo a20 is the lack of an already made manifold. i wouldn't know where to go or what to do to make one.

Vanilla Sky
01-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I would really want a nice cast unit, though. I think I'd rather have a downpipe made, though.

MessyHonda
02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
oh man. the only thing ever stopping me on doing a turbo a20 is the lack of an already made manifold. i wouldn't know where to go or what to do to make one.

yeah most members have to buy flanges and make them

Rendon LX-i
02-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I Justed asked a member on here and he made me one in 3 days. Idk if he would still do it. Justin86 made mine.

Tdurr
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
a t4 flanged turbo mani would be so nice. Save me some trouble down the road...
and a traction bar/crossmember, that way the front crossmember wont have to be cut and re-welded.

Im going to the JY tomorrow so ill see how much they want for a cam gear and possibly ship it over to u guys.

markmdz89hatch
02-03-2009, 06:58 AM
i have a spare gear on a shelf just collecting dust. can i ship it to one of you guys to bring down there? I would rather do that, as opposed to shipping it directly to them as I want to make sure they get it, and know exactly what it's for.

Tdurr
02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
do that^^ and i didnt get a chance to run to the jy cuz of rain..

'A20A3'
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
the biggest problem with the A20 is the OBD0 setup. i have accordepicenters old manifold..but im starting to get tempted by vtaaak and the VAST amount of aftermarket support they have. i have plenty of money and im not getting rid of the accord for some dumbass dime a dozen civic. i get complimented on being slammed and having white 5 spoke enkei's on my car all the time and i love it. nobody knows what it is cause i debadged it. plus my little bro has steveDX89's old car...and redlining at 8 grand in vtec sounds fucking sweet in an old accord that a B series doesnt belong in...im thinking a GSR swap, throwing in some Toda stage 1's, and them building the bottom end of a B20 and throwing that head on...and then boosting that down the road...cause all motor isnt enough for me..:beer:

Rendon LX-i
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
There lack of support yes. But the fact that you make shit for and custom fab your own work peeps shit. An i love the challage. Hey im turbo after 3 years of talking bout it. As far as OBD0 im doing pretty good and im surpised, yet i only have a small t25 running 9psi which the a20 taking it great. BUt im looking for bigger an better things. Well c in the future.

snoopyloopy
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
i have a spare gear on a shelf just collecting dust. can i ship it to one of you guys to bring down there? I would rather do that, as opposed to shipping it directly to them as I want to make sure they get it, and know exactly what it's for.

yeah, send to me and i'll scoot it on by.

'A20A3'
02-03-2009, 07:46 PM
There lack of support yes. But the fact that you make shit for and custom fab your own work peeps shit. An i love the challage. Hey im turbo after 3 years of talking bout it. As far as OBD0 im doing pretty good and im surpised, yet i only have a small t25 running 9psi which the a20 taking it great. BUt im looking for bigger an better things. Well c in the future.

what are you doing as far as fuel management and ignition control?

i was gonna run a SAFC-2 and a MSD BTM...im curious as to your setup and how you tuned it and made it work...and how's reliability..??

gfrg88
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM

i was gonna run a SAFC-2 and a MSD BTM...im curious as to your setup and how you tuned it and made it work...and how's reliability..??

I believe that's what he's using... It's not bad to use that.. I've used it many times, but OBD-I w/ a chipped ecu is 100x better!!

'A20A3'
02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
how hard is it to tune those things though?

Tdurr
02-12-2009, 02:33 PM
update?

markmdz89hatch
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
here's an update: I'm a shithead!

I never boxed up and shipped that cam gear like I said I would. Son of bitchez i'm a douche. Sorry guys, epic fail on my part here.

Ok, I took tomorrow off to straighten out a few things, so I'll make my best effort to take care of it tomorrow.

2drSE-i
02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
i didnt know you were gonna do it mark. I know you said you would. Did you call bisi?

As for my side of things, sent him an email monday asking if he had made any progress. Havent heard back yet.

LX-incredible
02-13-2009, 12:00 AM

Which all of what... 2 people on here could afford?

Let's face it we're either going to have to pay out the ass for this stuff or get some real numbers, neither of which is going to happen. Probably the most that will happen with that head is a check for compatible parts with the D, which I can tell you wont be much...

2drSE-i
02-13-2009, 09:23 AM
UPDATE TIME!!! Got an email from bisi this morning.

David,
We have cams designed, and the ability for intake heat shielding gaskets. Spring data should come in 2 weeks.

Lab. dept.

So two weeks and we may or may not get valve springs. I'm pretty hopeful!

2drSE-i
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
FYI guys the gaskets are 48 dollars for other cars, hopefully they are the same for us.

Tdurr
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
UPDATE TIME!!! Got an email from bisi this morning.

David,
We have cams designed, and the ability for intake heat shielding gaskets. Spring data should come in 2 weeks.

Lab. dept.

So two weeks and we may or may not get valve springs. I'm pretty hopeful!

wtf does that gasket do?

snoopyloopy
02-15-2009, 11:31 PM
wtf does that gasket do?

it goes between intake manifold and head and limits heat transfer between the two. useful on any car, but even more so on turbo applications since cooler air = + power and the longer you can keep the air as cool as possible the better, right?

Tdurr
02-16-2009, 12:33 AM
true. but fuck putting that gasket on. U pretty much gotta pull the head to get the mani off...

Strugglebucket
02-16-2009, 04:14 AM
FYI guys the gaskets are 48 dollars for other cars, hopefully they are the same for us.

Nice! I'll be giving them a call.

2ndGenGuy
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
So do we just call them and order up the intake gaskets? Are they ready to make them? I could use one right about now myself.

Rendon LX-i
02-16-2009, 05:16 PM

So sorry for the late reply bro...As far as reliability its good. Not smoking or motor knocking i just did a compression test and where all even. Safc is good just got to make sure you have a good view of point on how it works if not yoru going to end up burning up shit. I got the hang of it slowy but surely. Btm im still getting some backing firing but i need to work on the timing issue. All and all good little setup man but I would tell you go go with OBD1 convo if you have the time and money. But if you in a tight budget like me then thats the way to go. Other then that she running great man. Also get a set of 450cc dsm injectors with the safc. everything bolts up as of clips an what not. But you need to bore out the seals. Hope i gave you a point of understanding man.

Rendon

MessyHonda
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
true. but fuck putting that gasket on. U pretty much gotta pull the head to get the mani off...

if you got the right tools anything is possible.

Tdurr
02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
fuck the right tools. they cost too much lol. if a swivel-snake cant get it then fuck it.

MessyHonda
02-18-2009, 07:48 PM
fuck the right tools. they cost too much lol. if a swivel-snake cant get it then fuck it.

just find some one that has the right tools...my uncle works for mazda and he has a full chest of snap on tools.....

cubert
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Has anybody bought a cam yet?

Civic Accord Honda
02-24-2009, 01:16 AM
this..is...sooo....sweet... im glad i kept my a20a now its getting built for sure :D :D

markmdz89hatch
02-24-2009, 11:18 AM
this..is...sooo....sweet... im glad i kept my a20a now its getting built for sure :D :D

yes, build it and put it in your EF.

Josh89accord
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Anyone got one of these bad boys yet? I'd like to get anor a colt or something...

Tdurr
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
anyone get a what? Cam, no, anything else he is offering, no. lol we are Poor!

Rendon LX-i
02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
what im i missing here.

snoopyloopy
02-25-2009, 08:38 AM
i'm missing a cam gear to take over there :lol:. i don't have an extra one to tote over to him.

Tdurr
02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
wtf last page someone said they are going to ship u one... want me to get one?

markmdz89hatch
02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
wtf last page someone said they are going to ship u one... want me to get one?

that was me. I'm a tool. it's still safely sitting on a shelf in the garage. not an excuse, but me and my family have been out of commission damn near all week with a stomach flu thing (not a pretty scene). ...still I accept the fact that I'm a tool. ..and I still say I'll ship one to snoops.

markmdz89hatch
03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
ok Marven, well the official 3geez shithead (me) shipped the cam gear out to you this past weekend. You should have it in the next day or so. Let me know when you get it.

Tdurr
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
that was me. I'm a tool. it's still safely sitting on a shelf in the garage. not an excuse, but me and my family have been out of commission damn near all week with a stomach flu thing (not a pretty scene). ...still I accept the fact that I'm a tool. ..and I still say I'll ship one to snoops.

Its all good man, just as long as it gets done! lol. hope u got over the flu thing quick. I kno how that goes for one person, but a whole house of sick ppl would suck!

Tdurr
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Well bisi is making valve springs for us now
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_9_130&products_id=446!

2drSE-i
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
aw-fucking-some. He didnt tell me he had listed them, but im super happy right now.

Tdurr
03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
i kno right!
but i did send him e-mail asking if he could make/planned on making some valve spring cuz i was in the market for some....

2drSE-i
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
couldve just read in this thread on the last page, but w/e lol

Vanilla Sky
03-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Those are pretty cheap, too. Another part I'll have to buy when I rebuild.

2drSE-i
03-09-2009, 03:58 AM
im buying mine soon, i dont want to wait too long and have him not make them anymore because no1 buys his parts.

LX-incredible
03-09-2009, 08:27 AM
Well bisi is making valve springs for us now
http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_9_130&products_id=446!

Awesome work guys! I'm ordering a set.

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I think I'm going to get myself a set of those springs too. YUM>

2drSE-i
03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Sent them an email last night thanking them for doing this for us, heres what i got in response

David,
Thanks for the kind words. We take A-series performance very seriously, and spintron tested the dual spring to over 14,000rpms for 72 hrs straight and did not see even a 2% reduction in spring pressure or fatigue. As scientists, our goal was to deliver the very best A-series spring in the world. We also priced it just right to appeal to the A-series enthusiast, and have many windings in stock.

How soon can we expect a stock cam gear delivered to our new facility?

Lab. dept

(mark, i sent them an email back saying to expect one very soon, as you shipped it out last week right?)

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Sent them an email last night thanking them for doing this for us, heres what i got in response

David,
Thanks for the kind words. We take A-series performance very seriously, and spintron tested the dual spring to over 14,000rpms for 72 hrs straight and did not see even a 2% reduction in spring pressure or fatigue. As scientists, our goal was to deliver the very best A-series spring in the world. We also priced it just right to appeal to the A-series enthusiast, and have many windings in stock.

How soon can we expect a stock cam gear delivered to our new facility?

Lab. dept

(mark, i sent them an email back saying to expect one very soon, as you shipped it out last week right?)

haha! awesome news.

I can confirm without any question of doubt that it is in Cali as I type this. Just have to wait for the time to deliver it to Bisi. A member has it.

2drSE-i
03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
ah ok, well cool. In my email i asked him if the stock rockers were good to 14k, i havent got a response yet so well see.

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2009, 12:10 PM
ah ok, well cool. In my email i asked him if the stock rockers were good to 14k, i havent got a response yet so well see.

I'm looking forward to the response, but I'd like to meet the fool that's ready and willing to try and spin their A to 14K if they have more than 12¢ into the motor. Hell, I'd be comfortable with a guarantee it'll spin to 7K seeing as I'll always be waaaay too afraid of breaking something even at anything over 6.5K.

Rendon LX-i
03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
14,000RPMS damn...im getting a set. clown on those VTAKS lol

Tdurr
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm looking forward to the response, but I'd like to meet the fool that's ready and willing to try and spin their A to 14K if they have more than 12¢ into the motor. Hell, I'd be comfortable with a guarantee it'll spin to 7K seeing as I'll always be waaaay too afraid of breaking something even at anything over 6.5K.

very true, give me money for a new block and give me a good flowing head and ill try it hehe...

but yea i took my car with just a cam and bolt ons to 7,200 in 1st and 2nd before.. was terrified tho! lol

Rendon LX-i
03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Very Very true...i only hit 6,000 rpms now since im boosted no need to even push it further. but when those springs i could push it to 7 thats when i get my new block done.

codyJDM
03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
They make some serious shit. 14k?? That's insane!

Tdurr
03-09-2009, 12:23 PM
^^ if all goes well, im gonna be geting the head built and this looks like it will top my build off! ill be able to rev till my rods break! lol ... wait... not good...

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2009, 12:25 PM
remember, just cuz it revs to the moon doesn't mean shit. rev it as high as you can (safely) in order to be able to land straight in your power band on the next gear. just cuz it can rev doesn't mean it's still making any power.

Tdurr
03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
^^ lol i kno, thats why i normally rev to 6800ish when im ON it.

markmdz89hatch
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
^^ lol i kno, thats why i normally rev to 6800ish when im ON it.

::shudder:: that kind of spin makes me nervous on our blocks. if it was a vdub, or better yet, a motorcycle, I'd be fine with it, but out little sohcie, I'll say this... ...come up here and spin it like that as I'd love to hear it, but I'd rather hear someone else's car break rather than mine.

Tdurr
03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
lol, dude, its a honda. Thats how i see it. It can rev to the limiter... and i have a rebuilt engine.. he.... but yea i dont do that often. like once or twice a month...

2drSE-i
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
arent you the one who dropped an intake valve like twice? i would stop doing that if i were you.

Tdurr
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
yes i am, but that was because i didn't know retarding the timing too much caused valve float :Owned2:
and i dropped the valve after the cam install, did 6.6k+ all the time racing my friend in his civic lol :rice:

2ndGenGuy
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm I think I hit 8000 on the good ol' ES a couple times at autocross. Also got some nasty transmission noises after that. 1st gear wasn't too happy. Probably had 280,000mi on it at the time. Had it pop and backfire one of those times. It was scary! But I wasn't really watching the tach.

snoopyloopy
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
haha! awesome news.

I can confirm without any question of doubt that it is in Cali as I type this. Just have to wait for the time to deliver it to Bisi. A member has it.

ok, now it's my fault. forgot it when i was one the way out this morning, so i'll put it in my car tonight so i'll have it next week for sure. :Owned:

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
ok, now it's my fault. forgot it when i was one the way out this morning, so i'll put it in my car tonight so i'll have it next week for sure. :Owned:

tisk tisk tisk! lol. its all good bro! just as long as it gets done :)

soon.

markmdz89hatch
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
well shit Marven. I intentionally didn't say who I sent it to because I didn't want to throw you in front of the bus. ...it's all good man. Look how long it took me to shoot it your way. ...in time, in time.

Civic Accord Honda
03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
::shudder:: that kind of spin makes me nervous on our blocks. if it was a vdub, or better yet, a motorcycle, I'd be fine with it, but out little sohcie, I'll say this... ...come up here and spin it like that as I'd love to hear it, but I'd rather hear someone else's car break rather than mine.
haha thats how i feel about my civic it scares me to rev it high even though it runs mint. my 3g on the other hand i had no worries i used to bounce it off rev limiter alot and shift at 7200rpm, what shocked me is when shane (84accord) tore down that block he said the bearings and crank and everything were in very good shape and could of lasted another 200k miles with a new head gasket... really shocking since i know that engine even ran out of oil once , gusse that shows how well theses a20a's are built aye

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
^^ dude, u got a d series, my i know u can rev the shit outta those for days and have low+6month old oil(my friend lol) and it will run mint. hell thats the kid i raced in my accord all the time. each one of us would mod, then we would run lol.

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
my bros ek with a mini me goes to 8 easy and sounds like it would go more. heads built and bottom end just stock. installed a holly cda iginition and wow made it even better. pulls hard. D SERIES are Crazy. going to install his xs power turbo kit here soon. I only take it to 6 now. i was taking it to 7 when n/a. Scary as hell thou lol..

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
^^ yea sounds weird at 7k, u can feel it hit the powerband wall too...

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2009, 06:08 PM
LOL yea...i got my mallory6al set to 6,100rpm just perfect. When i get my bisi springs i set it o 7 again lol..

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 06:11 PM
nice. I need something like that. I tend to do burnouts and not look at the rpms haha....

BTW, for those of u who dont wanna take the head off the car for the valve springs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290301304628&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL me to...lucky i got that or else i would of blow her up i know i would of. you need to get one bro. i see em cheap around craiglist and ebay with coil to. You need to get one. sicne your a heavy footer like me hehe

89T
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM

you should hear mine now..lol.. all clanky at idle or moderate speeds, but when she reves it is like a silk smoothie on the end of your toung.
hahah its time for a rebuild.:dunno: i wounder why reving to 7200 rpm.:burn:

89T
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
my bros ek with a mini me goes to 8 easy and sounds like it would go more. heads built and bottom end just stock. installed a holly cda iginition and wow made it even better. pulls hard. D SERIES are Crazy. going to install his xs power turbo kit here soon. I only take it to 6 now. i was taking it to 7 when n/a. Scary as hell thou lol..
i am thinkin about boostin the z1.:cool:

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
d's are crazy bro..theres a guy here from homemadeturbo down the road he pushing 400 easy. im like HOLY SHIT. ugly mofo to. fully built thou but i was shiting my pants. 70 trim you can put a 1 litter bottle in the intake lol.

86ccord
03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
dont care what you guys say.. im still scarred to bounce it.. :(

89T
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
d's are crazy bro..theres a guy here from homemadeturbo down the road he pushing 400 easy. im like HOLY SHIT. ugly mofo to. fully built thou but i was shiting my pants. 70 trim you can put a 1 litter bottle in the intake lol.
hhhhaaahhah!
no shit!

Rendon LX-i
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
yea was crazy. im like wtf you need something that big.

Tdurr
03-11-2009, 07:59 PM
yea was crazy. im like wtf you need something that big.

thats wut she said....:squint:
lol but holy shit 70 trim? lol i bet all his power is after 5k tho.

Civic Accord Honda
03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
haha yeah im geting used to reving it up higher now .. shit doesent make much power until the higher rpm and then the clutch slips around 5500 rpm so its not that fun right now to drive. should be nice once i get a new clutch and the multi point fuel injection install though. anyway ima stop whoreing this thread up =O back to the bisi talk! hopefully they can start making some cam gears soon.

labeledsk8r
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
wow good work guys!! if i had an A i would be ordering that up, we all know are stock valve springs are rubish...

and for you people getting all scared to hit high RPMs dont even threat, i used to take my LX way past 7 k (good ole carb fuel cut didnt really work) and never had a problem and i used to take the LX-i up to the fuel cut once i a while... if something breaks on a motor from running it then it was going to break anyways, just becuse these motors are old doesnt mean you need ot help them walk up steps let them run a bit

Vanilla Sky
03-12-2009, 04:33 AM
LOL, good to know my motor doesn't fly apart when I rev it up, eh Labeled :p

MessyHonda
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
you should hear mine now..lol.. all clanky at idle or moderate speeds, but when she reves it is like a silk smoothie on the end of your toung.
hahah its time for a rebuild.:dunno: i wounder why reving to 7200 rpm.:burn:

same here...mine doesnt idle right.....stage 2 cam it starts smoothing out at like 2k rpms till red line

labeledsk8r
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL, good to know my motor doesn't fly apart when I rev it up, eh Labeled :p

haha yeah sorry i didnt do it to much, that motor runs very well besides its oil leaks.. i think in total i bounced the fuel cut 4 times? in the coupe lol sorry man

Tdurr
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
^^ lulz. BTW im gonna be ordering the valve spring next week hopefully :)

snoopyloopy
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
^^ lulz. BTW im gonna be ordering the valve spring next week hopefully :)

sweet i know bisi seeing real interest aka a real order will keep this option open for us for some time for sure.

2drSE-i
03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
^hopefully so. I think he priced those valve springs low to help us out a bit. I'm pretty sure he knows how broke most of us are.

Tdurr
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Well i would have ordered my valve springs last night but my comp got a virus and wont get on the web now :( so im on my moms comp and im bout to order them. I called bisi and they said u can use the springs with out having to upgrade anything else. So I'm pumped. hope they will be here friday, that way i can put the head on next wed-thursday :)

LX-incredible
03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I got mine the other day. They look beefy and are the same for intake and exhaust. He actually signed the the flyer for their f22 insight wishing me luck with the build. Pretty neat I thought.

Rendon LX-i
03-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Well i would have ordered my valve springs last night but my comp got a virus and wont get on the web now :( so im on my moms comp and im bout to order them. I called bisi and they said u can use the springs with out having to upgrade anything else. So I'm pumped. hope they will be here friday, that way i can put the head on next wed-thursday :)

Thats sweet to know. Anyone that puts a set on first, make a vids i want to see how it runs. get on it to dont be shy

MessyHonda
03-16-2009, 12:59 AM
pics

markmdz89hatch
03-16-2009, 05:00 AM
I got mine the other day. They look beefy and are the same for intake and exhaust. He actually signed the the flyer for their f22 insight wishing me luck with the build. Pretty neat I thought.

When you say they are the same for intake and exhaust, are you saying that they increased the diameter of the springs equal to that of the exhaust springs? If that's the case, how is it that you can use the stock intake retainers? Is there any chance you can post up pics of the stock intake springs with the new bisi's next to them for comparison?

Congrats on the purchase too.

2drSE-i
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
bisi really is a cool dude. I cant wait to see what else he produces.

MessyHonda
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
this thread is going to make me build an a20

SILENT
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
this thread is going to make me build an a20

x2... I hope they make a cam gear for us also!!!

Tdurr
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
^^ as soon as someone sends him one... lol.

markmdz89hatch
03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
x2... I hope they make a cam gear for us also!!!

^^ as soon as someone sends him one... lol.

Ok, I do agree with you guys that it would be cool if they made one, but last I knew, we already had a cam gear maker? ...actually on that note, unless bisi has the capability to make these upon request, if he's going to need a g/b, why not let him worry about the stuff we don't have available anywhere else, and let's work on another g/b with golden eagle?

labeledsk8r
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Ok, I do agree with you guys that it would be cool if they made one, but last I knew, we already had a cam gear maker? ...actually on that note, unless bisi has the capability to make these upon request, if he's going to need a g/b, why not let him worry about the stuff we don't have available anywhere else, and let's work on another g/b with golden eagle?

not to mention that only about 10 of the last 50 GE gears are in use.. the other 40 are sitting on shelves...

SILENT
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
and let's work on another g/b with golden eagle?

Agreed!!! I'm IN

Rendon LX-i
03-16-2009, 09:15 PM
LOL mine going in this week damnit. Other group buy dont sound like a bad idea.

LX-incredible
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
not to mention that only about 10 of the last 50 GE gears are in use.. the other 40 are sitting on shelves...

:werd: I have 3 of them. lol

Rendon LX-i
03-16-2009, 09:23 PM
LOL WHY. sell 2 of em. or you have different colors for the hell of it?

Pico
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I'd be in for another G/B on cam gears.
Good to have spares

LX-incredible
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
LOL WHY. sell 2 of em. or you have different colors for the hell of it?

I have 2 cars. :welcome:

Rendon LX-i
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
lol well that makes sense. didnt know bro

Tdurr
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Um, if bisi is gonna do it like any other parts, he prob will make 50ish, then keep them in stock. thats wut he did for the valve springs.

2drSE-i
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Heres the deal though, Bisi wants to produce a cam gear something bad. Every time i email him hes like "so whens the cam gear getting here?

LX-incredible
03-18-2009, 10:01 PM
When you say they are the same for intake and exhaust, are you saying that they increased the diameter of the springs equal to that of the exhaust springs? If that's the case, how is it that you can use the stock intake retainers? Is there any chance you can post up pics of the stock intake springs with the new bisi's next to them for comparison?

Congrats on the purchase too.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

The diameter of all the springs seem the same as the exhaust, but they feel noticeably stiffer. The stock intake retainers look like they could be used, but I would personally use the exhaust instead. I'll get some pictures up in a few days.

Oh man, would roller rockers be sweet!

MessyHonda
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

The diameter of all the springs seem the same as the exhaust, but they feel noticeably stiffer. The stock intake retainers look like they could be used, but I would personally use the exhaust instead. I'll get some pictures up in a few days.

Oh man, would roller rockers be sweet!

so whats the best set up for us?

im building my head in the next couple months

LX-incredible
03-18-2009, 10:49 PM
so whats the best set up for us?

im building my head in the next couple months

Get 8 more exhaust retainers.

MessyHonda
03-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Get 8 more exhaust retainers.

sweet going to order them asap

markmdz89hatch
03-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Heres the deal though, Bisi wants to produce a cam gear something bad. Every time i email him hes like "so whens the cam gear getting here?

very soon, very soon... ...he'll get one to mock up.

2drSE-i
03-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh btw guys, he said the stock rockers were NOT tested to 14k, just the springs. Dont get any crazy ideas lmao.

markmdz89hatch
03-19-2009, 05:40 AM
good call there. ...tdurr, that means you bro. I'm gonna send you an MSD with a 6.5K pill so you don't keep blowing through valve springs and retainers.

So can someone get me measurements on those damn springs? I know you're saying they're similar to the exhaust spring setup, but can someone hit them with their micrometer and tell me the exact specs. (ie. O/D of the outer spring, ID of the inner, un-installed height, installed height, number of coils on each spring (inner and outer) and wire diameter). I just want to get an idea of the range of motion of this spring, the lb ratings, etc.

Tdurr
03-19-2009, 01:29 PM
good call there. ...tdurr, that means you bro. I'm gonna send you an MSD with a 6.5K pill so you don't keep blowing through valve springs and retainers.

So can someone get me measurements on those damn springs? I know you're saying they're similar to the exhaust spring setup, but can someone hit them with their micrometer and tell me the exact specs. (ie. O/D of the outer spring, ID of the inner, un-installed height, installed height, number of coils on each spring (inner and outer) and wire diameter). I just want to get an idea of the range of motion of this spring, the lb ratings, etc.

:uh:
lol i wasnt gonna try, i only planned on going to 7.5k once or twice....
haha

but feel free to send me a MSD:tongue:

markmdz89hatch
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
:uh:
lol i wasnt gonna try, i only planned on going to 7.5k once or twice....
haha

but feel free to send me a MSD:tongue:

only if I get to weld a cap over the 6.5K pill so it can't be removed.

Tdurr
03-19-2009, 02:37 PM
make it 6.8k... lol i has plans for the motor...

snoopyloopy
03-19-2009, 05:07 PM

it'll get to him soon enough lol. i went to what i thought was his shop tuesday, drove around the complex like 5x and thought i lost my damn mind. his neighbors say he just up and disappeared on them and they hadn't the slightest idea where to and owner of complex wasn't on site to lend a helping hand. but i found his new addy, so i'll see about taking it over there again in the near future.

MessyHonda
03-20-2009, 12:52 AM
yeah our a20s wont last that long...the most of i would ever rev one is 7k or 7200 tops...i did it a few times with my pr4 computer and my rings started to go

'A20A3'
03-20-2009, 07:25 AM
i have 2 stock A20 cam gears just sitting in my room...so let me know if i need to ship one out..i would prolly be in for a Bisi cam gear...like Pico said..it's good to have extras..

snoopyloopy
03-27-2009, 11:34 AM
ok, should be taking it by within the next hour and a half.

LX-incredible
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Any word on the roller rockers?

I'm probably going to be picking another set of springs up and a cam or two at some point...

Tdurr
03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
^^ valve springs?

2drSE-i
03-28-2009, 08:36 AM
i asked him about roller rockers. He pretty much said it wouldnt be feasable for him to produce them, and im with him on that. The two of us who could afford it (not me at this point in time) wouldnt be worth it to him.

Tdurr
03-28-2009, 01:38 PM
has snoopy gotten the cam gear to him?

LX-incredible
03-28-2009, 09:10 PM
i asked him about roller rockers. He pretty much said it wouldnt be feasable for him to produce them, and im with him on that. The two of us who could afford it (not me at this point in time) wouldnt be worth it to him.

That's what I figured. Can't blame him, what do we have 2 or 3 that bought springs so far?

Tdurr
03-29-2009, 08:03 AM
^ 2 ppl i think.

snoopyloopy
03-30-2009, 07:36 AM
has snoopy gotten the cam gear to him?

ok, should be taking it by within the next hour and a half.

'A20A3'
03-30-2009, 08:13 AM
soon! soon!

snoopyloopy
03-30-2009, 08:36 AM
yeah he has it in his hands, placed it there about 1347 on friday afternoon. really nice guy.

Tdurr
03-30-2009, 12:20 PM
sweet. They never called me back about my question with the springs...
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/TheDarkDarkRacer/3geez%20stuff/seat.jpg

had to take the stock seats out and get the shop to put washers in place to keep the inner spring flat. It wanted to bind up and shift off to the side. But only the intake side.

markmdz89hatch
03-30-2009, 12:36 PM
what the faak. and even in that pic, it looks like that washer is slightly off, and the spring is not seating perfectly. I would be scared that those don't just chatter around on the seats. Are those springs larger outer diameter than the stock intakes?

Tdurr
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
the washer is slightly larger the the seat.
The bisi springs are the size of the exhaust springs.

Pic:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/TheDarkDarkRacer/3geez%20stuff/head2.jpg

2drSE-i
03-30-2009, 01:34 PM
im gonna say you should not run those like that. Get some exhaust retainers and call it a day. That looks dangerous, why risk having to rebuild your head (again...)

LX-incredible
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Just use the exhaust seats and retainers on the intake, and yes they do fit.

'A20A3'
03-30-2009, 03:01 PM
^^what they said.

Rendon LX-i
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
thats scary....i would fix that bro...

MessyHonda
03-30-2009, 07:52 PM
fuck i want my springs...with exhaust retainers of course

Tdurr
03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Well i started the car up and its running fine. Gonna go for a test drive tomorrow after school.

MessyHonda
04-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Well i started the car up and its running fine. Gonna go for a test drive tomorrow after school.

let us know how it goes

2drSE-i
04-02-2009, 06:35 AM

good luck man, i really dont wanna see another pic of your head off your motor.

markmdz89hatch
04-02-2009, 06:47 AM
i'm really skurred about those retainers. please keep the rev's low for your test runs.

MessyHonda
04-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Just use the exhaust seats and retainers on the intake, and yes they do fit.

yup going to buy them...they are like 2.50 each at honda

2drSE-i
04-03-2009, 04:27 AM
id listen to them with a mechanics stethescope, id bet theyre rattling around in there like crazy.

Tdurr
04-04-2009, 09:30 AM
^^ i dont think they are. while it was idleing, i put my ear next to the VC and i didnt hear anything weird.