PDA

View Full Version : Holley fuel pump question

turabaka
12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I bought a new Holley blue fuel pump to replace my dying fuel pump earlier this week. What I need to know is will the stock relay, and wiring work, or do I need to get a better relay and wire that in?

If it turns out to be the second one, how exactly would I go about wiring a new relay in, and what should I be looking for as far as relays goes anyway?

2oodoor
12-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Im sure there is a more specific mathematical answer but the layman's answer is that your oem relay works just fine just make sure it is is fresh. So a new relay of the same type as you have should suit your application.
Was the Holley blue specific for Honda? just curious...
The relay gets the signal from the coil circuit correct? make sure, esp if you have an aftermarket coil, that your connections are good, preferably soldered.

2oodoor
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
resistance at connections is the weak link...it creates resistance at the switching contacts ( burnt) which in this case would be inside the relay, hence why having a fresh one installed with the new part is good insurance.

turabaka
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Alright thanks for the answer. No the Holley pump is not made for Hondas. I just bought it because it's a good pump for carbs, and I work at autozone so I get a discount on parts in the store.

Vector
12-02-2008, 09:09 PM
i put a dif fuel pump on my dx(carbed) main relay and it burned out after about 2 weeks... you can splice in a relay at the wiring that runs down behind the plastic cover beside the fuse panel/dash/hood release handle. i THINK, the wire is yellow w/green stripe... but don't quote me on that, might have to goto the manual for that.

just ground one side of the relay coil to ground.

other side of relay coil comes from yel/grn mainrelay wire.

pull down relay contact to yel/grn(to fuel pump) and common contact to fused 10amp constant 12volt lead.

you should be good to go after that.