PDA

View Full Version : three angle valve job

anubix
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
my jdm motor came w/ a cracked head (and i dont want to give up my core cuz it still passes smog) so warranty is not an option (although i could)

a guy who owns a cylinder head shop owes me a favor
I gave him the head from my core to do up for the jdm block
he's had it for 2 weeks now, I heard he gave it a three angle valve job
I know it increases flow, but..... don't u only get that done when ur using boost?
I'm planning a cam in the very near future(delta .272 grind will by my present for myself), and headers after that.
should I be more excited?
thx

ghettogeddy
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
no not at all it will help with fuel air ratio i believe

2ndGenGuy
12-02-2008, 07:21 PM
My EK1 had a 3 angle from the factory. I'd bet the A20 does as well. I think that's pretty standard now.

Hauntd ca3
12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
a three angle seat just give the incoming air a smoother surface to flow over than having just a 45 degree seat.
is a more gradual transition from port to cylinder which increases flow a bit

89sei89dx
12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
how much did any of u guysthat have done it. pay for a 3 or 5 angle valve job. im just wondering how much is a common about price for it.

anubix
12-02-2008, 11:51 PM
how much did any of u guysthat have done it. pay for a 3 or 5 angle valve job. im just wondering how much is a common about price for it.

i'm not payin anything
I hope he's port and polishing it, which is what is taking him so long

i'm told 3angle should cost an extra $75 or so?

Oldblueaccord
12-04-2008, 05:06 PM
no not at all it will help with fuel air ratio i believe

7k post and your still lost....

well a "3 angle job" is the angle of the cuts on the valves/seat. It helps the valve head fit on its seat and when its open it can have an effect on the valves flow. A 5 angle is getting to be more common but its the same they just make more angle cuts to make it flow or disrupt the flow less. A "good " 3 angle job is some one that has a certain set of cuts he uses to get good performance out of a motor. Unless he does alot of Honda typpe motors he's pissing in the wind more or less. I would not get to hung up on it.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=370

I looked for some good pictures really quick but this is all I really could find as far as a write up.

wp

ghettogeddy
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM

well a "3 angle job" is the angle of the cuts on the valves/seat. It helps the valve head fit on its seat and when its open it can have an effect on the valves flow. A 5 angle is getting to be more common but its the same they just make more angle cuts to make it flow or disrupt the flow less. A "good " 3 angle job is some one that has a certain set of cuts he uses to get good performance out of a motor. Unless he does alot of Honda typpe motors he's pissing in the wind more or less. I would not get to hung up on it.

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=370

I looked for some good pictures really quick but this is all I really could find as far as a write up.

wp

i wasent 100% wrong lol

it has to do with air lol

codyJDM
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM

lol owned