PDA

View Full Version : delta 272

89sei89dx
12-04-2008, 03:54 AM
i talked to scott today at delta cams. said i could get the 272 .. shipped without a core for around 100. said with the core its about 85 after shipping. shipping is prob cheap for me cause i live like 200 miles from there.said i can pay with credit or money order. if i send core . i need to send it withh a info paper with my adress and phone number and name. to delta cams 1938 tacoma ave south....... tacoma washington 98402. 1 800 562 5500. i thoughht i would post this so people could know current price and shipping info.

cygnus x-1
12-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Did he happen to say when they'll get their website back up? I'm just wondering what other grinds they have available.

C|

gfrg88
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
WTF?!? I just talked to jon from there and he told me 180 without a core :wtf:

ghettogeddy
12-04-2008, 09:15 AM
i hope its the same for me the 100 that is lol

ill be ordering one after my smog is done

MessyHonda
12-05-2008, 01:16 AM
100 bucks sounds about right.

Pico
12-05-2008, 07:46 AM
same price I paid when I ordered mine a year ago

2drSE-i
12-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Gio you probly just pissed the guy off lol.

2ndGenGuy
12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Weird, I drove by there a couple weeks ago while I was in Tacoma. I didn't realize it was the same Delta Cam.

gfrg88
12-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Gio you probly just pissed the guy off lol.

lol, maybe :sadwave:

snoopyloopy
12-05-2008, 02:55 PM
i hope its the same for me the 100 that is lol

ill be ordering one after my smog is done

lol what's the one you sold me? still sitting on a shelf in my room, btw...

ghettogeddy
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
colt tri flow

2ndGenGuy
12-05-2008, 11:15 PM
lol what's the one you sold me? still sitting on a shelf in my room, btw...

Damn dude, I thought I was bad with buying parts and not installing them!! :bowrofl:

89sei89dx
12-06-2008, 02:21 PM
im gettin mine on monday. well ordering it. but what is the difference if any. between the 272 and a TRI FLOW cam... AND DO I NEED TO CHHAANGE THHE VALVE SPRINGS OR LIFTERS OR AANYTHING WITH IT. sorry for caps. and i ve heard thhe springs off thhe prellude are better. whhat year prelude . just the one wwith the same engine or a specific year.

2oodoor
12-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Damn dude, I thought I was bad with buying parts and not installing them!! :bowrofl:

thank you:bowrofl:
j/k snoopyloopy

Oldblueaccord
12-06-2008, 04:24 PM
im gettin mine on monday. well ordering it. but what is the difference if any. between the 272 and a TRI FLOW cam... AND DO I NEED TO CHHAANGE THHE VALVE SPRINGS OR LIFTERS OR AANYTHING WITH IT. sorry for caps. and i ve heard thhe springs off thhe prellude are better. whhat year prelude . just the one wwith the same engine or a specific year.

Not to blow your mind but our car don't have lifters. As far as the springs prolly your ok the only way to know is to have the pressures checked vs the prelude springs and see if there is any differance.

wp

2oodoor
12-06-2008, 04:33 PM
rockers not lifters, but I think the D series have cam followers? resemble lifters, I think, not a D series expert.. lol

the prelude springs would be A18, they are double springs... I don't see the need really unless you are sustaining high rpms (like in a circle track or maybe a road course (staying in the powerband) they would help with valve float.

cygnus x-1
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
The Delta cam has 272 ° duration on both intake lobes where the Colt Triflow is 260 ° and 270 °. The Colt design is supposed to not affect idle and low RPM torque as much as the Delta design. I'm not aware of anyone ever doing a head to head comparison so it's hard to say what the difference would really be. I suspect it's not enough to worry about. Both will be better than stock anyway.

If you plan to rev above 7000 RPM a lot then it might be worth getting some A18A1/ES/ET (83-87 Prelude, not CVCC though) valve springs. Or if you can get some cheap from the junkyard. Otherwise the A20 springs will be fine.

It is a good idea to replace the rocker arms though since they tend to wear to the cam. If yours are in good shape they may be fine but if not they may wear out the cam faster.

Either way, goop up the cam really well with assembly lube before assembly and run the engine at 2000RPM for the first 10-15 minutes to wear in the cam. After that change the oil and you should be ready to go. OR, if the cam comes with instructions follow those.

C|

Hauntd ca3
12-08-2008, 12:30 AM
you caan get the rocker wipe faces refaced.
if you sending them a cam to be reground,send them your rockers to be done at same time.
using your old unresurfaced rockers with a new cam will fuck the cam lobes just bout as fast as not running oil

cygnus x-1
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
if you sending them a cam to be reground,send them your rockers to be done at same time.
using your old unresurfaced rockers with a new cam will fuck the cam lobes just bout as fast as not running oil

That's a good idea!

C|

markmdz89hatch
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM

oh you have no idea. brand spankin new pair of dcoe45's, msd6al, p&p head, centerforce d/f, blah, blah, blah

So does anyone know what other grinds Delta offers?

How does their price compare to Colt?

2oodoor
12-12-2008, 02:28 PM

wow that is so true, I never thought of that, but it is just like best practice with OHV cam swaps, new lifters or you could scrap a new cam. Regrinds would be even more fragile to that.

snoopyloopy
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM

lol my cam is sitting in my room, front konis sitting in my room, eibach springs sitting in my room, teggy lip sitting in my garage, 2x rear disc setups sitting in my garage, fat fives sitting in my garage...need i say more?

rjudgey
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I would seriously consider webcams more aggresive profile and more duration if you want it. But a 272 is a good all round cam that's very useabel on the road, but if you want a lot of top end you can't beat a 285 or higher camshaft but obviously these are harder to come by!!
As far as the rockers are conscerned yes do no use old ones with a new camshaft or even a old different camshaft!! I allways reface mine not hard to do, get a marble place matt that is 100% flat some fined wet and dry and basically get rubbing in a constant see saw action till the while pad is even flat finish use the finest wet and dry to finish off and get nice and smooth but not polished though!! Let the camshaft do that with the bedding in lube. Then just run it like you would bedding in any other new cam. 2500-3000 rpm for 15-20 minutes then readjust the tappets, then drive for a while and check the clearances again.

ghettogeddy
12-12-2008, 04:44 PM
lol my cam is sitting in my room, front konis sitting in my room, eibach springs sitting in my room, teggy lip sitting in my garage, 2x rear disc setups sitting in my garage, fat fives sitting in my garage...need i say more?

whats with a set of rear disks

Rendon LX-i
12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
lol damn greddy i was going to say the same lol...but sam you dont need to change anything bro...Either way you going to feel a big ass differance if not then you installed it wrong or you didnt break it in right.

MessyHonda
12-13-2008, 10:53 AM

dont let me start

b20 in my uncles garage, full set of konis in storage, dc headers, xenon body kit, rear legend calipers, skunk2 intake and tb, cf hood, z3 fernders(if bitesize ever sends them), jdm rear duck spoiler in the pico shop