PDA

View Full Version : what should we do regarding the forums and posts on AF?

marc49
04-29-2002, 12:52 PM
Igor has decided to keep all forums and all posts up on AF from 3geez. now should we delete those posts or leave them there? they are after all, OUR posts..

Also, just a little tid bit, this is what igor wrote after finding out we were leaving.. the feeling is mutual I must admit..

I have to say I am elated that I no longer have to deal with all the nonsense

damackz
04-29-2002, 12:58 PM
since he doesnt want to deal wit us he doesnt have to deal wit our posts...........

carotman
04-29-2002, 01:19 PM
too bad we can't move them here. We should scavenge as much info as we can and just delete them when we're done

A20A3Power
04-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Igor is a fucker....i hate the bastard...goes and talks behind our backs...

Darkangel2110
04-29-2002, 02:13 PM
You would think that he would be able to act like an adult about all of this. I mean we are all here just trying to find out stuff about our cars and help each other out. If he wants to play games like my 4 year old, so be it.

fuck em all , let god sort em out.....

:mad:

anchovies
04-29-2002, 03:07 PM
i might be able to spider the posts from AF
been always thinking about it for the past 2 3geez forums
save into a database and dump it into something useful

what will happen to the past posts in the future?
and when?

hopefully im able to help if i have time

TeKKnoTeKK
04-29-2002, 03:36 PM
Best thing would be if we could just move them.....but that would take A LOT of time, but maybe there is a program out there that could make it easy who knows. But for the existing posts I say we leave them until we can think of a way to get em'.

87accordlxi
04-29-2002, 04:15 PM
we'll soon fill up this board with information just like the old one and all the other old boards from the past. just delete them

MoonScryer
04-29-2002, 05:08 PM
Given most of them were of the same stuff - right springs for my car, paint, body kits, Nate being Nate - I think we will fill it all back up in time. I would like to see some of Pheadux(?) stuff moved over here; his work with the carbed A20 and also intake manifold matching shouldn't be lost; it's FAQ material. Other than some other stuff, let Igor have it. We will just make more.

88LXiHB
04-29-2002, 06:00 PM
Igor's AIM is autoroar.....lets all give him a piece of or mind :mad:

1989 DX R
04-29-2002, 06:04 PM
Hey, dont do that ok, its bad enough what he thinks of us now, I dont wanna make it worse.

jay
04-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by marc49
Igor has decided to keep all forums and all posts up on AF from 3geez. now should we delete those posts or leave them there? they are after all, OUR posts.. "We" (as in the 3geez community) should do nothing. We should cut our losses and walk away.

I do, however, endorse the idea of copying and storing the threads. I might be able to help with that... I'll see what I can work out with Marc...

jay
04-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 88LXiHB
Igor's AIM is autoroar.....lets all give him a piece of or mind :mad: Instead of harassing Igor, since he'll just block you anyway, why don't you guys try to contact the few 3geezers who're still wandering around AF? I'd recommend using AIM/ICQ/MSM/Y!M/email/etc..., and not AF's PM feature...

88LXi68
04-29-2002, 06:50 PM
If we can I say leave the posts there, BUT transfer as many as you can over AND post a Sticky post in Each section noting the move to the new site.

damackz
04-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jay
Instead of harassing Igor, since he'll just block you anyway, why don't you guys try to contact the few 3geezers who're still wandering around AF? I'd recommend using AIM/ICQ/MSM/Y!M/email/etc..., and not AF's PM feature... ok what's up with tha AF PM?! is bugged by igor?! lol

CARBurn
04-29-2002, 07:18 PM
I agree, if its possible to transfer some the important posts that gave some relevant info, to copy them over here, but you would almost have to go through like 30,000+ posts, unless someone has a simplier and better way to sift and search through all those posts.

marc49
04-29-2002, 07:19 PM
someone else will have to do the sticky post because none of the 3geez moderators including me have their powers anymore..

Don87LX
04-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by marc49
someone else will have to do the sticky post because none of the 3geez moderators including me have their powers anymore..

well it didnt take bitchtits(igor) long to yank that did he? wonder why sone damn color tags took f'n years. Cause he;s so busy I guess huh?

1989 DX R
04-29-2002, 08:35 PM
*Working it Oldskool*

zinj
04-29-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by anchovies
i might be able to spider the posts from AF
been always thinking about it for the past 2 3geez forums
save into a database and dump it into something useful

I think you'd have to write some fancy script to get the threads from the html saved by the spider into an sql database. From there, we could use vBulletin's BB Import System...

It would probably be easier to just manually copy over the most important stuff, and forget about the rest.

jay
04-30-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by zinj
It would probably be easier to just manually copy over the most important stuff, and forget about the rest. Okay, so who decides what's important?

Jdub07
04-30-2002, 01:06 PM
This may be a stupid idea but what if there was a new section on the 3Geez page along with "Genera" and "Off Topic" that read, "OLD POST's" we can copy & paste to that. Just throw it all in there and sort it out later. Just an idea. That way whatever people "feel" is important can be placed in there and decide later what we want to use.

Don87LX
04-30-2002, 01:20 PM
Jdub's idea has merit. Instead of trying to organize all the posts in to seperate forums just make an old data table and spider in the old posts into one big lump. Then the information in the could be searchable through the search text field.

But on the other hard is it worth the space? I mean people rarely bother to do a search before asking a question I think we could just leave the posts or delete them. If we leave them then we get the satisfaction of knowing we are eating up igor's diskspace (however small the space may be)

Jims 86LXI HB
04-30-2002, 05:02 PM
:( Please don't remove those post's. In my continuing efforts to help people you'd be erasing a ton of information that I may need to refer to in order to provide accurate information. I'm not talking about all the posts I did to help people. It's everyone else's post's on AF that have left a vast amount of usefull information that, I for one find very informative for myself and to provide to others. And you should realize I am a person that goes out of his way to help, so I would like my voice to weigh a little more on this topic. ;)

I use the old board from time to time digging up usefull information. I fully surrport anything that preserves those AF post's.

87accordlxi
04-30-2002, 05:07 PM
if anything, i feel that the faq's and how-to's should be deleted from AF. those were created by 3Geezers and now igor has them. if igor is going to be a dick and keep those forums open and unaffiliated with 3Geez, he should at least have the decency to remove the information that we created long before AF ever entered the picture.

DrMunky
04-30-2002, 09:37 PM
Bring all of OUR information here (ie all the mass amounts of 3g data and information that we've built up). Leave all the other junk (the random stuff) there for him.

If someone wants 3rd gen accord info, they should be here, not on AF.

A20A1
05-01-2002, 01:27 AM
Yes take our post, but leave a nice link to our site... people will come.

-I'm going to try and repost old carb/performance stuff:

1)Mechanical Secondary Keihin conversion (how to)
2)Flipped lid (already taken care of)
3)Cam installation (How to in the works)
4)Carb hoodscoop (how to? maybe)
5)Limited vaccum setup (need Erics help on this one)

87accordlx
05-01-2002, 01:12 PM
i just noticed that igor took the in association with 86-89accord.com off of our section, to me that is like claiming all that information as his own, i say we go over there and delete the old posts, all the same questions will be asked within a month anyways (mostly by me):D

si-speed
05-01-2002, 02:16 PM
I agree with Jdub and Don87's idea. It would be way quicker to search thru' it like that. Save it as a text file, or make it into an archive section like on the ezboard. IF a couple of people worked a few sections at a time, it would be finished quick.

And then delete it all from AF. I don't remember many of the people from other boards helping build the posts or information. So why should they get it? If they want it, they can come here. To it's respectful place. Personally I think some of the other boards (mainly the Honda boards) should know how we (3Geez) were treated so maybe that will sway them and get their own sites.

Oh yeah, I love the switch, I can come home from work, hit the forums and have everything read in 20 minutes. Where was the first board at?

Don87LX
05-01-2002, 05:14 PM
www.ezboard.com

87Hybrid
05-01-2002, 05:50 PM
But when we delete the posts take everyting off except Nate that should make igor burn!:D

Bullfrog
05-02-2002, 06:05 PM
i am with all the people that say salvage as much info from AF and remove all of our property :) :) then.....

:flame:
:flame: AF!!!!
:flame:

Don87LX
05-03-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by 87Hybrid
But when we delete the posts take everyting off except Nate that should make igor burn!:D

:werd:

87accordlxi
05-03-2002, 08:56 AM
problem is, we cant delete anything. igor took everyone's mod priveleges away

Don87LX
05-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Are they're any other AF mods who would be willing to do it for us. Igor dosent deserve the fruits of our labor and knowlege.

87Hybrid
05-03-2002, 05:52 PM
Each Individual can delete their own posts at will, Except Nate he's Banned LOL

Don87LX
05-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Well, I dont think people can delete their posts if they originated the post. I have tried that and it always said acces denied.

87accordlx
05-03-2002, 07:22 PM
you can't delete the whole post but u can edit it so it's blank

87accordlxi
05-03-2002, 07:31 PM
alot of us have hundreds of posts on AF. editing them all would be a huge, if not impossible, undertaking. best thing we can do now is direct everyone who posts there to this board

87Hybrid
05-03-2002, 07:39 PM
I have started deleting my posts. Starting with the pics. I will leave any posts that have value untill we decide what exactly to do with them then I will take the rest of mine. Then send a PM asking to be unrtegistered.

87Hybrid
05-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Just found out that you cannot delete posts that you stwrted if someone else replyed.

Jerren
05-04-2002, 12:29 PM
i think we will just post like hell and get all of the good info back. and answer all of the questions that people may ask. and btw, igor is only like 15. asking him to be an "adult" about the situation would be stretching it. if you talk to him you can tell. but he's on smart focker. i personally like the guy. but then again, i don't know what the hell happened and why we moved. but i like having our own board any way. so lets have fun guys

Neuspeed87lx
05-04-2002, 06:49 PM
igor
:stupid:

:flipa: :flip: :flipa: :flip: igor .............

B16 ED9
05-04-2002, 07:22 PM
well, i cant delete any of my stuff since i was banned too

A20A1
08-30-2005, 12:52 AM
look how far we've come... :)

blazin3gen
09-27-2005, 11:01 AM
look how far we've come... :)

lol your gay :)

jk haha