PDA

View Full Version : moving the cruise control actuator

lostforawhile
12-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I would like to know who else has moved the cruise actuator? I'm going to have to move mine, because the new power steering resevoir takes up that part of the inner fender. There is plenty of room under the bumper corner, I don't have a washer tank there anymore, and i'm removing the useless AC system,so no receiver dryer. This is what I came up with as far as extending the cable, I used an aircraft cable with fixed ends, and a 1/4-28 thread on each end. with a mounting block,this bolts right up to the cruise unit, the other end,I used a piece that was going to be for my choke cable originally, it mounts the other end on a pivot,so the cable doesn't bind, it should be easy to fabricate a bracket to hold the original cable in place, and connect the two.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020080.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020081.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4020082.jpg

Dr_Snooz
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I love your work, Lost. I'm wondering if the longer cable (and additional resistance) are going to cause any issues? What do you think?

labeledsk8r
12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
just delete the damn CC.. i think you have added enough weight to the car as it is... driveing without CC for long distences isnt really that big a deal

Lil Mike
12-07-2008, 10:07 PM
just delete the damn CC.. i think you have added enough weight to the car as it is... driveing without CC for long distences isnt really that big a deal

i always use my cruise control when driving it stops me from speeding, and really makes it comfortable on long distances.

lostforawhile
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I love your work, Lost. I'm wondering if the longer cable (and additional resistance) are going to cause any issues? What do you think?it shouldn't add any these are very smooth acting cables.

just delete the damn CC.. i think you have added enough weight to the car as it is... driveing without CC for long distences isnt really that big a deal I have to have the cruise for long trips, I have a bad knee from wrecking a car when I was younger, it kills my knee to hold it on the gas pedal at the angle i have to. as far as weight,I have removed a lot of weight too, I'm getting rid of the AC since it's not worth fixing, and the new odyssey battery will only weigh 20 pounds. A lot of the stuff I make is made from lightweight aircraft alloy. whenever I add something I have usually removed something also. I think the entiire AC system is somewhere around 150 pounds. Don't forget when I put these carbs on, it will get rid of a whole bunch of heavy unweildy crap in the process.

A18A
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
i believe wohdog has moved his cruise control thingy to under the front bumper

lostforawhile
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
last time I took a long trip the cruise wasn't in yet,I went down to florida for the meet and I had to keep stopping on the way back because of my knee. I had to take two days off work after i got back. thats one reason It's taking me so long to work on the car, it kills my knee to even put it on concrete. when I can afford decent knee pads it will help a lot,i have cheapo ones which are useless.

Civic Accord Honda
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
just keep the peddle floored then its just like laying you foot on the ground :D