PDA

View Full Version : hatch bumpers, body color or black?

mykwikcoupe
12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok so Ive been working on this white hatch the last few weeks and Im not sure if I like ghettoeddy swhite bulpers or cody's black dx bumpers? Also the front bumpers are all the same but the rear bumpers are hatch only right?

Also who has torn apart the back lower portion under the tgails before. That part needs replacing on my car and Im not sure if its welded in or bolted? Thanks guys. Mike

codyJDM
12-07-2008, 09:25 PM
The front bumpers are all the same, the back bumpers are different for each car

I say black, I had the white ones before(and I just love how the black ones look obviously ;))

mykwikcoupe
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
yours are krylon painted right not the rough dx bumpers correct? Will the krylon work for the chrome peeling window trima lso?

codyJDM
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Yup, that's what I used. Krlyon Fusion semi-flat works on everything. All of my old faded trim parts and stuff are painted with it. Works great when applied correctly.

mykwikcoupe
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
whats considered applied correctly? how do you get it to stick to the trim, did you scrap off all the black or just the flaking stuff? does it lay flat or wrinkle finish?

ghettogeddy
12-07-2008, 10:18 PM
whats considered applied correctly? how do you get it to stick to the trim, did you scrap off all the black or just the flaking stuff? does it lay flat or wrinkle finish?

flat and ya i would scrap all the old shit off befoe with is why i havewent done it yet lol

and personaly i dont like the look of black bumpers

but i have been thinking about doing the trim in white so it matches and i think its gona happen soon

but then again i dont know
the trim sets the 2 dif sections off
and for me the only way black bumpers will look good is if the lower half is also black on the sides

89sei89dx
12-07-2008, 10:36 PM
there is like 6 bolts holdin thhat piece on the bottom of thhe lights on . 2 on each end and 2 in between. i like black bumpers but only if the middle is also black matching the bumpers. if u just have black bumpers it looks like u got got new bumpers and didnt paint them,or u got the lower model honda yhat came with unpainted lookin bumpers. . in my opinion. but it does look ok.... on certain 3geez. i painted my bumpers black . before i did, my car looked just like ghettogeddys. after i did it i always looked at pics of it all white and thought it looked alot better. others people told me it looked better before also. but im about to paint my car black. all black with black rims that got the chrome around the lip. and black tint.

mykwikcoupe
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
sweet thanks for the advice. now who wants to photoshop one of the hatches with all black bottoms and black bumpers? It would be nice to see. My hatch had an impact of some sort. It popped a crack in the back bumper, pushed the lower section under the tails in like 1/2 inch and it just sits in on one side, i think a new taillight since the drivers is cracked, the lower tail section and a new bumper and the car would look 100% minus the add ons like tint, lowering and rims

bullard123
12-08-2008, 03:47 AM
there is like 6 bolts holdin thhat piece on the bottom of thhe lights on . 2 on each end and 2 in between. i like black bumpers but only if the middle is also black matching the bumpers. if u just have black bumpers it looks like u got got new bumpers and didnt paint them,or u got the lower model honda yhat came with unpainted lookin bumpers. . in my opinion. but it does look ok.... on certain 3geez. i painted my bumpers black . before i did, my car looked just like ghettogeddys. after i did it i always looked at pics of it all white and thought it looked alot better. others people told me it looked better before also. but im about to paint my car black. all black with black rims that got the chrome around the lip. and black tint.

x2

markmdz89hatch
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Mikey Mike. I'll take that hatch thank you.

I think my sig is all the opinion I need to give regarding what I would do.

I actually think I have a spare trim piece for under the tails, a spare set of tails, and a spare back bumper in good shape. I can't be positive on that, but I'm pretty sure. Let me know if you run into any trouble sourcing anything you might need.

See now, I'm willing to put money on the fact that you're soon going to prefer your hatch over coupe all day long. I've only had this one hatch (as far as a DD that is), but have had 3 coupes over the years as well, and I'd still prefer my hatch over any of the coupes. Plus, up here I'm surrounded by Steve and Rob's coupes, so someone's gotta be odd man out.

...if you are up for it, I'm so jones'n for a good condition hatch for a daily driver that I'm willing to challenge someone to find me one w/ less than 120~ish K and I'll do an even trade for my '02 Protege ES.

mykwikcoupe
12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
whats the cost on those spares you got their markie mark? Ill get mine all cleaned up before spring and some good parts on it then Ill let everyone know hows it going. I prefer coupes so far but the room and sounds of hatches are great.

89sei89dx
12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=115336304&albumID=2001907&imageID=6454978 my other caar with thhe botom alll black insteaad of thhe bumpers

ghettogeddy
12-10-2008, 06:26 PM
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=115336304&albumID=2001907&imageID=6454978 my other caar with thhe botom alll black insteaad of thhe bumpers

http://a55.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/5/l_43ec0328b5a68adf700a3ff2991f4456.jpg

89sei89dx
12-10-2008, 07:03 PM
thanks ghetto the pic was on my myspace. and i was mistaken when i posted . i thought i could put that link and pic would show up. also to any one that looked at my myspace and saw that my pics were private. i changed it and now my pics are not private. there are alot of pics of my other 3 geez on there

89sei89dx
12-10-2008, 07:06 PM
also how did u put it on here as a pic. did u have to put it on a site like photobucket and then to here or .how. i just notice caause it was up so quickly. im lookin for a fastrer way. i just put up like 15 old pics of pearldrops cars aand it took me a long ass time to put them onto photoshop aand then to here. but my comp sucks too.

Civic Accord Honda
12-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Black bumpers all the wya

Catalyst
12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Black bumpers FTW.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/Supra1evan/my%20car/sepiasaveforweb2.jpg

codyJDM
12-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Black bumpers ftmfw!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/badubagabi/DSCN0947.jpg

mykwikcoupe
12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Im liking the black bumpers, they are totally growing on me. Catalyst car looks hot, sorry cody but mine is going to have the sprint springs like cody, 18's black with a deep polished lip and im going to need a set of fogs obviously

codyJDM
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm about to get rid of my sprints for ground controls, I'll sell you my sprints for 50$ shipped if you want 'em.

wprocomp
12-11-2008, 11:54 AM
ground controls suck don't waste your money with them

codyJDM
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
ground controls suck don't waste your money with them

I'm a fan, rode in a tokico blue/gc EJ6 and I loved the way it felt.

Civic Accord Honda
12-11-2008, 01:15 PM
there is a big difference on the EJ6 and 3g .. it wont be anywhere near the same ..

wprocomp
12-11-2008, 02:38 PM

I don't like them because the sleeves crack and deformed under pressure-even with thick bushings to support the area between the sleeve and coil-cup they still showed signs of stress cracks

codyJDM
12-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't like them because the sleeves crack and deformed under pressure-even with thick bushings to support the area between the sleeve and coil-cup they still showed signs of stress cracks

Do you have them on your hatch or somethin'?

OT but how is that car coming along?

knarg
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM
i want full-bodied coilovers :(

oldschool3g
12-11-2008, 05:36 PM
black bumpers ftw!:rockon:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/twhonza/IMG_0041-1.jpg

mykwikcoupe
12-12-2008, 10:32 PM
thanks for the offer but ive already got sprint springs and ground controls. the sprints are comming off the coupe and goong on the hatch and the ground controls are going on the coupe.

codyJDM
12-12-2008, 11:08 PM
thanks for the offer but ive already got sprint springs and ground controls. the sprints are comming off the coupe and goong on the hatch and the ground controls are going on the coupe.

np, they are not nearly low enough for me so I'm trying to get rid of them asap.