PDA

View Full Version : radius rod

GTRSkyline43
12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
monday morning while driving to walmart to be picked up by my friend to go school i slowed down to a stop light i heard a pop on the right side next thing you know my car is turning right by its self...left turn was fine but right turn was easierr then before and it would dirft the wheel to the right...so after schopol i drove it home from walmart which is less than 2 miles away so i toke that chance to be a tech and diagnose my car on a test drive... every time i left off the gas to shift my car would drift/ jerk to the right...got home pulled the tires off...mother fucker my radius rod mounting bolt came off so there was alot of forward movement with my struts and what not...i called allied kragen carquest to figure out if they had the bolt...non had it hell they didnt even know what a radius rod was...dont really blame them since theres another name for it...so finally i called honda and it cost me 7 buck just for 2 bolts that they have to special order...so im just waiting for the bolts to come in and my cars gonna be off the jack stands.... i was told that it might have been my strut mount or bushing that caused the pull...

Demon1024
12-10-2008, 01:20 AM
you ordered them? wow...
i had the same thing happen to me one day. it's scary as hell! gas turns one way brakes go the other.
i just used a couple of high strength (ten?) bolts, the one with the infinity symbol on it. never had another problem with it

Oldblueaccord
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
2 bolts that goto the lower control arm ? or the nut that holds on the front inder the bumper ?

I would change the bushing as well if there stockers.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42403&highlight=Strut+rod+bushings

wp

w261w261
12-10-2008, 01:06 PM
You probably need new bushings, 2 per side, total 4. I think the front nuts should be changed too. Get them here at a 25% discount:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+SEI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+LOWER+ARM

markmdz89hatch
12-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey Hal, welcome back. Haven't seen you in a while.

Anyway, Skyline, I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else. While you're at this front end refresh, I would replace those bushings, and nuts as well. Should you choose to do that, you'll also need to get a front end alignment. Now if it's the bolt that goes to the LCA, I thought there were two bolts per side to bolt to the LCA.

Good thing it popped at a stop rather than at 80mph on the freeway.

Demon --> That infiniti symbol is an 8. Grade 8 bolt. Very good, very strong bolt.

w261w261
12-10-2008, 04:44 PM
<< Hey Hal, welcome back. Haven't seen you in a while >>

Well, I have posted 27 times since 11/15.

GTRSkyline43
12-11-2008, 06:19 PM
you ordered them? wow...
i had the same thing happen to me one day. it's scary as hell! gas turns one way brakes go the other.
i just used a couple of high strength (ten?) bolts, the one with the infinity symbol on it. never had another problem with it

yea i ordered them... and to everyone else ill look into those bushings...im guessing the bushing goes some where behind the front bumper...am i correct?

GTRSkyline43
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
as for the link to majestic Illust No. 7 and 8 am i correct?

Oldblueaccord
12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah those are it.

wp

GTRSkyline43
12-11-2008, 06:40 PM
fasho! im hella look at the site now LOL its good reference...