PDA

View Full Version : Jack stands

1988starter
09-26-2002, 06:27 AM
Hey guys I was wondering where you guys placed your jack stands for best hight and stability as well as little car damage.

Dutchboy
09-26-2002, 09:20 AM
undeer the control arms...
or theres a place infront of the tires, you can see to cut outs and two bigger bolts throught the plastic gaurd..my stands line up perfectly with them and it doesnt create damage..

If your trying to get it off the ground to work underneath i suggest driving it up ramps or use a bunch of blocks of wood...its much easier then jacking it and then blocking it.

BEn

AZmike
09-27-2002, 06:27 PM
I put mine just behind the front wheels. There's a reinforced area with a notch about 4-6 inches behind the front wheel well. If you've got an owner's manual or factory repair manual take a look--that's what they recommend. I think the Haynes shows the same, but I haven't looked recently. It probably the best choice, it puts the stands are far apart as possible for the best stability.

DBMaster
09-28-2002, 08:16 AM
I usually use the jack notches as well, but I prefer to use my ramps whenever possible.

smufguy
09-28-2002, 09:50 PM
yeah, the ramps are safer and from walmart, u can get two for 15 bucks. they can hold up to 3.5 tons and our one ton 3g is a cake.

ACCORD EX
09-29-2002, 04:38 AM
with jack stands just behind the front wheels ( that's where it's shown in the user guide and HAYNES ! )

MIKE