PDA

View Full Version : exaust ideas, need info

Mantis88LX
09-26-2002, 07:46 AM
ok so im thinking about getting 2.25 cat back to a magnaflow, is this good for a carbed engine? im going for mostly low end power i dont really care much about top end. i also wont have a resonator with this setup. does anyone else have this? does it sound good. i want it to be loud and noticable like most imports, anyways thanx, ohh yea and is $89 a good price for the pipping and muffler? my local shop quoted me this

thanx

1988starter
09-26-2002, 07:48 AM
that is a damn good deal but make sure to go with mandrel bent piping.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-26-2002, 07:51 AM
What I did is, I bought the pacesetter exhaust system and then I bought an Arospeed muffler (cherrybomb) and put the arospeed muffler on the mandrel piping that comes with the pacesetter system. Mandrel piping is the best because there is no kinks in the pipe.

1988starter
09-26-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
What I did is, I bought the pacesetter exhaust system and then I bought an Arospeed muffler (cherrybomb) and put the arospeed muffler on the mandrel piping that comes with the pacesetter system. Mandrel piping is the best because there is no kinks in the pipe.

I have the same setup with a dynomax muffler.

86AccordLxi
09-26-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by 1988starter

I have the same setup with a dynomax muffler.

Me too, except with a Ractive muffler. :)

Alex

Mike's89AccordLX
09-26-2002, 08:10 AM
I guess we're all just smart people. Does the mufflers we have vary in performance? When I look in my muffler tip I can see down the mandrel pipes (through all the carbon) hehehe My brather has a Ractive muffler and he likes my arospeed one better (so do I) But does the dynomax muffler have more power? I know it sounds different but I was just wondering about power. I never heard of dynomax when I purchased my muffler but now i'm concerned if I made an ok decision.

Jdub07
09-26-2002, 08:23 AM
For me the magnaflow was a little louder than I had thought it was going to be. But seems a little deeper toned than a been can. I don't have the 2.25 piping though. The price you got seems really good! I got the muffler $60 installed.

Flyguy125
09-26-2002, 11:26 AM
i got a 2.5 magnaflow catback without the resonator and it's really deep and it's still breaking so it gets louder all the time. The only thing about my exhaust is that it's all stainless steal so it was $300 for all the parts.