PDA

View Full Version : What do you think I made at the Dyno?

mushroom_toy
12-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Ok heres the deal Ill post it up later...but wanted to see who could guess the closest.

Specs are 86 Accord LX-i auto, 412k+ miles, low compression on 2 middle cylinders.

So everyone take a guess. :)

carotman
12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
56 whp

84Accord
12-12-2008, 12:38 PM
56 whp

^ hahahahah

um 130HP?

codyJDM
12-12-2008, 12:52 PM
85ish WHP is my honest guess

greentee76
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
90 Whp

2oodoor
12-12-2008, 02:23 PM
you have been doing some shtuff to it ... not sure what, taking a wild guess at what, I wont say what I think you did though. You woulda had to, to be kwazy nuff to dyno 412000 mile car you keep the roads hot with.

hrmmm 131

2ndGenGuy
12-12-2008, 04:29 PM
86hp. What do we win?

2oodoor
12-12-2008, 04:56 PM
somebody go troll at IA and see what he done did-erd to his ride. last time went there my laptop shut down , one of their advertisers threads did it.

86AccordLxi
12-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Somewhere in the mid to high 80s.

Don't start in about you keep up with your friend's bullshitass cars on your 'touge' runs with only 80whp or whatever :rolleyes:

Rendon LX-i
12-12-2008, 07:30 PM
96hp and 83tq...my wild guess....yay i win lol

Dr_Snooz
12-12-2008, 08:23 PM
No guess, just tell me. ;)

turabaka
12-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Over Nine Thousand!!!!!!

VIPER1988
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
around 95 ish

redaztec
12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
85whp?

mushroom_toy
12-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Somewhere in the mid to high 80s.

Don't start in about you keep up with your friend's bullshitass cars on your 'touge' runs with only 80whp or whatever :rolleyes:

Now theres no need for this talk in this thread. Gtfo. :) Bring your ass to Georgia and you can find out too.

ghettogeddy
12-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Now theres no need for this talk in this thread. Gtfo. :) Bring your ass to Georgia and you can find out too.

he is a reg admin you know he was kidding lol i say 95

mushroom_toy
12-13-2008, 12:00 AM
he is a reg admin you know he was kidding lol i say 95

I know this but somehow I dont think he is kidding. However if he was then I was just kidding as well. :)

bobafett
12-13-2008, 12:06 AM
70whp? maybe 65?

86AccordLxi
12-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Well if it actually spun the rollers I'd be impressed.

Did the dyno operator throw in some simulated curves so you could *really* show him your stuff ;)

mushroom_toy
12-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Hahah youre funny.

On another note I put down a very respectable 90hp and 94 ft lbs. Low compression and 412k miles. Im proud of the accord. Makes for a good baseline as I was sure it would be less.

However Map sensors have absolutely nothing to do with our cars as changing them out wont help a bit at all period.

Of course I might have done a little better on the dyno as well with the map sensors, if I hadnt been running as rich as I was. Had to take pictures on my printout until they send me the graphs in email.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/More%20Car/IMGP2762.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/More%20Car/IMGP2765.jpg

Rendon LX-i
12-13-2008, 07:54 AM
i was close damnit lol.....nice man

Oldblueaccord
12-13-2008, 10:56 AM
What were your wideband readings if they ran one that be great !

NVM i see it on the bottom.

90 is spot on esp for that mileage.

wp

Civic Accord Honda
12-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Hahah youre funny.

On another note I put down a very respectable 90hp and 94 ft lbs. Low compression and 412k miles. Im proud of the accord. Makes for a good baseline as I was sure it would be less.

However Map sensors have absolutely nothing to do with our cars as changing them out wont help a bit at all period.

Of course I might have done a little better on the dyno as well with the map sensors, if I hadnt been running as rich as I was. Had to take pictures on my printout until they send me the graphs in email.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/More%20Car/IMGP2762.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/More%20Car/IMGP2765.jpg
your car makes more WHP then my car does at the crank -_-

redaztec
12-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Nice, especially for having two cylinders with low compression! Makes me want to dyno mine before I rebuild the motor.

BTW what elevation do you live at?

MessyHonda
12-13-2008, 11:23 AM
not bad for an auto....

mushroom_toy
12-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Nice, especially for having two cylinders with low compression! Makes me want to dyno mine before I rebuild the motor.

BTW what elevation do you live at?

About 1249 Feet.

mushroom_toy
12-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Video of one run is up now still trying to get the other two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avew_RuT4mY

Rendon LX-i
12-13-2008, 04:28 PM
damn dude thats a A20 for ya sounds mean as hell lol...How much it cost you to dyno?

2oodoor
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
auto affects a dyno? hrmmm

well Gainesville I gave you too much credit, thought you may have put in fat injectors and obd1.

mushroom_toy
12-14-2008, 03:37 AM
auto affects a dyno? hrmmm

well Gainesville I gave you too much credit, thought you may have put in fat injectors and obd1.

No point yet. I still have all the parts....but its too early still. :)

mushroom_toy
12-14-2008, 03:37 AM
damn dude thats a A20 for ya sounds mean as hell lol...How much it cost you to dyno?

$40 bucks for 3 pulls.

mushroom_toy
12-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Heres the other two runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JfABQd15Tk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVpfA4Qa4Q

Oldblueaccord
12-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Hahah youre funny.

ECU doesn't use the map at WOT unless the "experts" have some other data to disprove that.

wp

greentee76
12-15-2008, 08:44 PM
90 Whp

So I was spot on, what do I win?

2ndGenGuy
12-15-2008, 11:17 PM
1000000 Internets! Congratulations!

86AccordLxi
12-15-2008, 11:47 PM
ECU doesn't use the map at WOT unless the "experts" have some other data to disprove that.

wp

the ecu should totally use the map @ WOT, at least in every other ecu i've seen. It doesn't use the o2 sensor (that's only for closed loop mode ie. lower load, cruising, idle, etc). But there's no other way for the ecu to know airflow/load without the map sensor.

mushroom_toy
12-16-2008, 12:02 AM
the ecu should totally use the map @ WOT, at least in every other ecu i've seen. It doesn't use the o2 sensor (that's only for closed loop mode ie. lower load, cruising, idle, etc). But there's no other way for the ecu to know airflow/load without the map sensor.

This is true. :) It absolutely works on wot....and the only use for us for the 4th, and 5th gen maps sensors, is if something goes wrong with the one on your car, then you can use a 4th or 5th instead of the 3gee one, and it will work fine. However i really dont think there is any use in them now.

mushroom_toy
12-16-2008, 12:04 AM
So I was spot on, what do I win?

Here ya go.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/hungry_bunny/cookie.jpg

86AccordLxi
12-16-2008, 12:10 AM
This is true. :) It absolutely works on wot....and the only use for us for the 4th, and 5th gen maps sensors, is if something goes wrong with the one on your car, then you can use a 4th or 5th instead of the 3gee one, and it will work fine. However i really dont think there is any use in them now.

Of course there isn't.

Buttdyno means fuckall. All a bigger map sensor will do is allow you to see more pressure -- useless for n/a.

2oodoor
12-16-2008, 04:31 AM
I disagree, again think about load.
try not to think about the one in that pan though,,, ugh i feel ill

Mushroom toy do you have the two stage intake manifold? I have one off the b20a if you want it, same as 89 lxi.
Why are you rich? coolant sensor? or did you gut the cat, you are not on the I-285 region list for checks are you?
Ever had the head off for work?

Oldblueaccord
12-16-2008, 11:55 AM

TPS ? switch to WOT map when your foots to the floor?

I guess the dyno lies again. or its the wrong dyno or the operator does not no what hes doing or Mustang is better the who ever else was running.

wp

Rendon LX-i
12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
You have to be using map under load..wtf lol...should be working under WOT or something wrong with your shit..My stock map made a code under boost...So i put the 4th gen one in and code gone...So like i said it SHOULD make a difference i know it did with mine...Idk maybe cause i had head work done and cam, msd and all that shit at once..

86AccordLxi
12-16-2008, 01:18 PM

I guess the dyno lies again. or its the wrong dyno or the operator does not no what hes doing or Mustang is better the who ever else was running.

wp

It's still reading a voltage from the map, which translates to some sort of Theoretical Pulse value, which is then compared to RPM in an overall fuel map.

That's how most ecu's work in my experience. TPS + MAP/MAF.

I'm guessing the Accord doesn't have a separate WOT map.

mushroom_toy
12-16-2008, 02:40 PM
I disagree, again think about load.
try not to think about the one in that pan though,,, ugh i feel ill

Mushroom toy do you have the two stage intake manifold? I have one off the b20a if you want it, same as 89 lxi.
Why are you rich? coolant sensor? or did you gut the cat, you are not on the I-285 region list for checks are you?
Ever had the head off for work?

Nope no two stage manifold on it. I have one in the building but I dont wanna waste time to swap it on, im gonna be installing a b16 one eventually. Thanks anyway though.

Dont know why Im rich though, coolant sensor should be fine, cat is gutted though, and nope dont have emissions where I live. :) Hall county ftw. And never had the head off either, ive done some small work on the head while it was on the car, but never had it off.

mushroom_toy
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM

wp

Operator is not to blame...I mean shit they tune cars for a living and are a very respectable shop around here. Its mainstream performance. But the Dyno could be a little off Im not sure, they mostly dyno 300whp up cars though.

greentee76
12-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Here ya go.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/hungry_bunny/cookie.jpg

[cookie monster voice on] C is for cookie, it's good enough for me.[cookie monster voice off]

mushroom_toy
12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Lol...

2oodoor
12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Nope no two stage manifold on it. I have one in the building but I dont wanna waste time to swap it on, im gonna be installing a b16 one eventually. Thanks anyway though.

Dont know why Im rich though, coolant sensor should be fine, cat is gutted though, and nope dont have emissions where I live. :) Hall county ftw. And never had the head off either, ive done some small work on the head while it was on the car, but never had it off.

ever do an intake cleaning? The kind like BG or Mighty.. you connect a pressurized can of cleaner in the thottle body, put a small object like a business card under the throttle stop to rasie the rpm to around 1500-1800 and let the can slowy run in. You also put a can of professional cleane in the tank when you do those. It works, no doubt about it. You can feed those thru the pvc, use the pressurized kind though, wont work if your pvc is too far down... well it will but only the valves and not the whole plenum.
It helps the valves to possible go into their seats a little better on some cars.

Slow reading temp sensor makes em run rich, so does hollerd cats, O2 sensor thinks it is lean so it could try to tell it to go rich.

amazing you have not done much to that thing with all the riding you do, LOL

frantik
12-16-2008, 05:54 PM
i was gonna say 90 w00t *takes bite of cookie*

86AccordLxi
12-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Dynos really mean nothing when comparing other dynos. They're really only good when comparing multiple cars on the same dyno, or multiple runs from the same car on the same dyno.

mushroom_toy
12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
ever do an intake cleaning? The kind like BG or Mighty.. you connect a pressurized can of cleaner in the thottle body, put a small object like a business card under the throttle stop to rasie the rpm to around 1500-1800 and let the can slowy run in. You also put a can of professional cleane in the tank when you do those. It works, no doubt about it. You can feed those thru the pvc, use the pressurized kind though, wont work if your pvc is too far down... well it will but only the valves and not the whole plenum.
It helps the valves to possible go into their seats a little better on some cars.

Slow reading temp sensor makes em run rich, so does hollerd cats, O2 sensor thinks it is lean so it could try to tell it to go rich.

amazing you have not done much to that thing with all the riding you do, LOL

Yeah i run top end cleaner (mazda oem brand is what i use) through the engine at least once a year. Last year I used seafoam insted of the mazda brand though. Have you not seen my thread, I know you have lol. Ive done enough to it, not much performance mods, but ive been saving parts up for a long time. I figure might as well spend the money when im ready to put out a decent amount of hp/tq, then just add stuff piece by piece. Im probably gonna end up buying another a20 to rebuild though, because hell i dont want to rebuild this engine yet. She has some life left in her. I want to see how many miles I can get out of it.