PDA

View Full Version : ok changine mind time? 87 lxi white hatch or 89 grey sei coupe

mykwikcoupe
12-14-2008, 01:02 AM
so my cousin is turning 18 and getting his liscence. His parents turned to me to find him a good 1st car for under 3k and in decent shape. My opinion of 1st cars is they should be as reliable as the cost, easy to work on and maintane and somewhat a fixer upper as a project car.

This being said I offered them my sei sedan, 164k, new top end, purrs for the moment but needs some bodywork and some interior cleaning. Priced at 700-1k cleaned up and such. In looking at craigslist tonight I find a 89 sei coupe with the black inteior and im left with a dilemma. Do I sell the htach instead and buy this coupe. It looks to be in good shape and have asked the proper questions to find out. I cant buy the sei with what im selling the sedan for unless i pulled out of savings and even still would have to sell one or the other on top. I cant keep 3 accords arounds, 2 should be a max.

So do I keep the hatch, sell the sedan and buy a red 88 dx and swap in the interior for 300 or sell the hatch, buy the sei and sell the sedan later down the road. No matter what the sedan has to go, not something i want. Thanks for the help in deciding. Hope this link works
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/953515058.html
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/956109317.html

mykwikcoupe
12-14-2008, 03:08 PM
i sold the sei sedan today for a grand so thats a good thing but im still not sure if I want a hatch or a coupe. I know mark prefers his hatch over the coupes but how does eeryone else feel about it?

russiankid
12-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Coupe will have slightly higher insurance than a hatch.

ghettogeddy
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
i love my hatch you can do so much with it there so much more room
plus they look 10x better the coupe in my opinion is funny looking

Dr_Snooz
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I think you should go drive the other car first. That will help you make the decision more than anything else.

That said, I dig my coupe. The only thing that's kind of a drag is that they mounted the seatbelt assembly on the end of the door. It's very heavy and awkward. If the previous owner wasn't careful, the seatbelt will have been slammed in the car door countless times and the door panel will be chewed up. You don't get power door locks either. Other than that, you get a very sporty look without the econobox feel of a hatch.

Civic Accord Honda
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
i love my hatch you can do so much with it there so much more room
plus they look 10x better the coupe in my opinion is funny looking

i agree hatchie > coupe

ghettogeddy
12-14-2008, 04:25 PM
I think you should go drive the other car first. That will help you make the decision more than anything else.

That said, I dig my coupe. The only thing that's kind of a drag is that they mounted the seatbelt assembly on the end of the door. It's very heavy and awkward. If the previous owner wasn't careful, the seatbelt will have been slammed in the car door countless times and the door panel will be chewed up. You don't get power door locks either. Other than that, you get a very sporty look without the econobox feel of a hatch.

every thing you named that you dont get a in a coupe you dont get in a hatch lol

i like hatches most for the open feeling

2oodoor
12-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I like both hatch and coupe , tough call. You had a coupe, so maybe now have a hatch a while I reckon.
The coupes look like a Prelude at a glance sometimes, then sometimes they look like a bmw 3 series. IMO

2ndGenGuy
12-14-2008, 11:33 PM
The coupes are so sporty and sexy. Get one of them!!!

redaztec
12-14-2008, 11:52 PM
If both are in similar condition, I'd go for the hatch, because in my opinion, it's much easier to load stuff into and out of a hatch than a sedan/coupe with a trunk. I like the looks of the coupe and hatch about equally, so practicality wins. But in the end, it's up to you.

2oodoor
12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Klean out your PM box mykwikcoupe :stick:

Demon1024
12-15-2008, 11:40 AM
i've been driving both here recently and the only difference i noticed is the trunk.
if you wanna haul big stuff the hatch is the way to go.altho i put a motor/trans in the back of the coupe too, the hatch held and engine hoist, 4 tires, and tools as well
i think the coupe is lighter tho, i'll have to look in a bit.

LX-incredible
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Coupe. I've fit just about everyting in them even a 55 gallon drum. lol It's also nice to keep the cargo hidden and secure.

ZackieDarko
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
mike HOW DARE YOU think of geting rid of the hatch

hatch all the way :-p

mykwikcoupe
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
well the sedan is gone officially, pm box has more space. i think i missed the boat on the coupe which is ok because Ive already got one with the same interior just different color exterior. Im going to stick with this hatch till i find one in better shape then ill sell it for a bettor or lower mileage. Im thinking if this one stays till summer itll get the b18 in it and biult from there