PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my car

Low_Rida
12-16-2008, 12:44 PM
I curently have a 89 Lx coupe that has been sitting around and im completely restoring it, but I want to do more than just restore it I want it to look nice and origional, its mostly stock besides the rims, engine, seats, steering wheel and pedals. Any suggestions will be considered. Thanks.

Currently under cunstruction:
exhaust, brake lines, E-brake, rocker pannels, minor rust repair, paint job, new tail lights, H4 headlight conversion.

Rendon LX-i
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
First off what are your plans besides looks?

Low_Rida
12-16-2008, 01:32 PM
First off what are your plans besides looks?

Considering 3Geez are extinct around here besides feilds and junkyards, i plan to show them what they are missing. there are a few 4th Gens around but no one thinks the 3Geez have potential, i want to get my car fixed up and looking good and then drop a B20a1 in it.

It would be nice to make this like some of your cars which its already a working progress the interrior looks mint its all black and blue, the only dammage is a small rip in my shifting glove. but im taking sugestions to any ideas on paint color, or performance parts, sterio, lights, body kits ect. I want this too look good and you guys know your stuff, so any help would be great.

Rendon LX-i
12-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Well you should start with the simple stuff like i did years ago....Intake if your fuel injected...get a CAI from a 94 accord may need some hacking lol. Good tuned up, fix anything that is broken or not working right in the engine bay. Get some nice set of wheels and if your brave lower it but the RIGHT WAY. NO just springs....If you just want the swap go do that first and work your way to the other projects later....Theres so much to do to these cars just read up on the forum....I got alot done and the sad thing is im not even close to finished with my accord Lol...

Low_Rida
12-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Well you should start with the simple stuff like i did years ago....Intake if your fuel injected...get a CAI from a 94 accord may need some hacking lol. Good tuned up, fix anything that is broken or not working right in the engine bay. Get some nice set of wheels and if your brave lower it but the RIGHT WAY. NO just springs....If you just want the swap go do that first and work your way to the other projects later....Theres so much to do to these cars just read up on the forum....I got alot done and the sad thing is im not even close to finished with my accord Lol...

My car has been lowered almost 2 inches but i cut the springs.... and yeah i do need an intake. Thanks for the info I'll take a look at the engine bay here soon with my mechanic.

Pico
12-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Are you currently Carb'd or injected?
You could make your own CAI like some of us have done on here. It's really easy to do, heres the link http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166

Low_Rida
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Are you currently Carb'd or injected?
You could make your own CAI like some of us have done on here. It's really easy to do, heres the link http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166

Im carb....

A18A
12-16-2008, 08:47 PM
how many coils did you cut off the springs to lower it 2 inches? any pics?

Low_Rida
12-16-2008, 09:44 PM
how many coils did you cut off the springs to lower it 2 inches? any pics?

im not shure how many i cut off as me and my uncle do all the work together, but i will be taking pics from now on, ill have around $11,000 this year to put into it so it should be a nice project, you guys will be pleased. and thank the military for supplying me with the money to do so.

Rendon LX-i
12-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Obd1 and covert to fuel injected, then turbo the bitch lol...

Low_Rida
12-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Obd1 and covert to fuel injected, then turbo the bitch lol...

I wanna get a B20a1 before i turbo it, and wouldn't i have to build my own turbo? thats alot of work... is there any turbo's i can mix match to make it fit? And yeah im gonna convert to fuel injected. Whats the best way to do this?

codyJDM
12-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I wanna get a B20a1 before i turbo it, and wouldn't i have to build my own turbo? thats alot of work... is there any turbo's i can mix match to make it fit? And yeah im gonna convert to fuel injected. Whats the best way to do this?

An LX-i parts car

86ccord
12-17-2008, 05:22 PM
hey nice to see you rippin into your 3g! but get some pictures up, and just like everyone else said.. read, read, and read, you will get ideas and then you will just never stop...soon 3geez will be your addiction.. :D

Low_Rida
12-17-2008, 06:09 PM
hey nice to see you rippin into your 3g! but get some pictures up, and just like everyone else said.. read, read, and read, you will get ideas and then you will just never stop...soon 3geez will be your addiction.. :D

Thanks man i look forward to the upcomming project, its just no one around here has seen what i have on this site so they are calling me crazy for working on this car. but there jaws wl all drop in a few months.

and yes i will get some project pictures step by step, and its funny coz it looks like shit now.

86ccord
12-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks man i look forward to the upcomming project, its just no one around here has seen what i have on this site so they are calling me crazy for working on this car. but there jaws wl all drop in a few months.

and yes i will get some project pictures step by step, and its funny coz it looks like shit now.

ha i know that feeling..ppl sayin my car looks is ass and what not but i just look at them and say, what? my car is shit because i have no paint? ha just wait till first of the year, or pull up beside me at a light.. and tell me what my car is like

ghettogeddy
12-17-2008, 06:31 PM

ya i would suggest sticking with the a20a3 there a lil more available then the jdm b20a and a whole lot cheaper of you fuck it up with a turbo

Low_Rida
12-17-2008, 06:54 PM
ya i would suggest sticking with the a20a3 there a lil more available then the jdm b20a and a whole lot cheaper of you fuck it up with a turbo

But i heard the A20a3 has issues.... but yeah i might give it a try
Anyone know where i can buy or order the feul injection so i can get rid of my carbed?
also ran into a problem today, the bolts on my grill were rusty and i snapped all of the heads off trying to replace them... any ideas?

A18A
12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
you snapped all the bolts? or just a few? it should be alright just holding on by 3 or so bolts

you can get everything you need for a efi swap at a juinkyard, mainly you need the efi loom, fuel tank & pump, and the fuel feed line. and of course the intake manifold and efi stuff there

Low_Rida
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
you snapped all the bolts? or just a few? it should be alright just holding on by 3 or so bolts

you can get everything you need for a efi swap at a juinkyard, mainly you need the efi loom, fuel tank & pump, and the fuel feed line. and of course the intake manifold and efi stuff there

i snapped every one, after i dumped a full can of WD40 on it haha

Low_Rida
12-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Today I bought some degreaser and ordered some yellow plugs. I plan to clean up under the hood once its feul injected.... still looking.
I would also like to find a new engine cover with a screw down honda emblum so I can paint it blue to match the second half of my interrior.

Low_Rida
12-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I have decided to stick with the A20a3 just seems easier, but im gonna get a tune up and clean out under the hood with some degreaser and make it look clean. Anyone know where i can buy a new engine cover with a screw down honda emblum instead of this sticker?