PDA

View Full Version : STOP Place Racing Mounts

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I want to let you guys know there is a set of Place Racing Mounts on Ebay i am asking you guys not to bid on them. I have a friend who owns a machine/fabrication shop and he is willing to make copies of them but i need to win them first that's why i am asking you guys not to bid on them. I know there a lot of you guys that want a set of these and getting these will save a lot of time on getting more made.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Bump

ghettogeddy
12-19-2008, 09:10 PM
i love you

2drSE-i
12-19-2008, 09:10 PM
The person on ebay has no clue what these are worth really, They even said this much in a question. If you guys REALLY want this to happen, you will listen to the good man.

(And no, i will not be going b in my coupe. Maybe another project someday...)

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-19-2008, 09:26 PM
These mounts are so hard to come by since Place Racing went out of business and any that has a set want a arm & leg for them. I want to make then affordable for everyone. Lot of us on can't afford to pay 400 to 500 for mounts and that why our accord are dieing off because there very limited options we have for motor swaps bring these mounts back opens doors and keep more Accords alive.

Civic Accord Honda
12-19-2008, 09:45 PM
good luck man! i hope you get them would be sweet to see some mounts in the making!

labeledsk8r
12-19-2008, 09:55 PM
good luck with this.. would be nice to see it done so all the people begging for them can shut up lol.. also are you looking into the linkage that he says he has? or just gonna do mounts

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-19-2008, 10:12 PM
good luck with this.. would be nice to see it done so all the people begging for them can shut up lol.. also are you looking into the linkage that he says he has? or just gonna do mounts

Legend_master & Accordtheory figured out the linkage and axles and i can make the OBD-0 to OBD-1 adaptor if i win the mounts i plan to work with Legend_master & Accordtheory on a howto thread for a b-series swaps.

forrest89sei
12-19-2008, 10:15 PM
This is great!

You Da Man!

I Really Hope This works out:flash:

Pico
12-19-2008, 10:32 PM
i love you

that goes double from me too :D

rfiks
12-19-2008, 10:58 PM
ty! let us no!

Demon1024
12-19-2008, 11:42 PM
this needs to be bumped again!
glad to see your back! uok? (i'll check other)
glad i came here first instead of ebay i aleays search 89 accord or a20a3

Strugglebucket
12-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Good luck. Hope you get 'em for cheap.

Demon1024
12-20-2008, 02:12 AM
omfg at the.... you'll make em for that cheap right?

cubert
12-20-2008, 04:23 AM
this is cool shit man!

It snice to see that someone is willing to take them and make copies..

Keep us updated

RobT5580
12-20-2008, 05:15 AM
I think people make the wiring out to be harder than it really is. I have helped with 2 of the place racing harness' which had issues from the start. If you have the wiring diagrams to your car then you can make it work. I have learned a lot after converting my car to OBD-1 to run the AEM EMS.

If you make a kit for the mounts i would definately keep it similar to the PRI design so it can be welded in as well. The rear cross member area especially i have seen stress cracks in the rear member because its not strong enough with just bolts and i believe someone actually ripped their mount off.

Hasport sells inserts as well but they run $103 for 3 mounts. And if your having the mounts made make the change so the center is smaller so you won't have to sleeve the mount. My set came out nice and the dash vibration should be cut down as the inserts are softer but you can get stiffer ones for race applications.

Good luck!

carotman
12-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Anyone can figure out the wiring harness. Add 2 wires for the distributor 1 for the igniter and another for the O2 heater.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-20-2008, 08:46 AM
I think people make the wiring out to be harder than it really is. I have helped with 2 of the place racing harness' which had issues from the start. If you have the wiring diagrams to your car then you can make it work. I have learned a lot after converting my car to OBD-1 to run the AEM EMS.

If you make a kit for the mounts i would definately keep it similar to the PRI design so it can be welded in as well. The rear cross member area especially i have seen stress cracks in the rear member because its not strong enough with just bolts and i believe someone actually ripped their mount off.

Hasport sells inserts as well but they run $103 for 3 mounts. And if your having the mounts made make the change so the center is smaller so you won't have to sleeve the mount. My set came out nice and the dash vibration should be cut down as the inserts are softer but you can get stiffer ones for race applications.

Good luck!
I talk to Innovative about useing there bushing inserts the guy i talk to said he will give me a good deal on them and they have three different bushing to chose from 60A/75A/85A. Now for the back mount i will talk to my guy when i get the mounts to see what we can do to make it better where i wont crack.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Anyone can figure out the wiring harness. Add 2 wires for the distributor 1 for the igniter and another for the O2 heater.
If you are staying ODB-0 yes it not to bad but a lot of guys have a hard time going from OBD-0 to OBD-1 in our accord's speciality some of the younger kids on here you and I have been doing the wiring so long when we think about it is easy to some of the other guys on it mind as well be another language and a lot of the want to swap like a B16a/b or a B18C1/5 with a Chipped P28 Ecu. I am not in this for the money i am just tired of going the the wrecking yard and 90% of there Honda stock is the 86-89 Accord with very few options out there for swap and a lot of the people that own our accord don't have a lot of money i want to give them a affordable option to keep them on the road.

russiankid
12-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I think TWOLOUADNPROUD will actually pull this through. He's one of the only members whose done what he planned to do. Good luck!

AccordB20A
12-20-2008, 01:38 PM
good good. the chances of me owning a b20 vtec accord hatch have jsut gotten better.

ghettogeddy
12-20-2008, 01:44 PM
good good. the chances of me owning a b20 vtec accord hatch have jsut gotten better.

same lol

codyJDM
12-20-2008, 01:45 PM
same lol

x2 on that lol

2oodoor
12-20-2008, 05:04 PM
..now that's quality posting right there, go forth and mulitply (conversion mounts)

stat1K
12-20-2008, 06:08 PM
twoloud... i would be willing to bid on these as well if the price goes up... i also messaged him to see if he would be willing to sell them locally... if that's the case all i would ask for in return is half the amount i paid as a sort of security deposit. i would then send them to you and your friend could do the plans... i would also like to say that we could make some rudimentary copies from them as well to make our own design to test with... let me know what you think.

also lx-incredible has made obd0-obd1 adapters for the accord but the only problem is that we don't have the plate to test it with but the pinouts were followed to a t so i'm sure it will work just fine.

again let me know what you think... i won't bid unless needed, also you can bid and i can help with some money if it comes down to that. thanks!

TWOLOUDNPROUD
12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
twoloud... i would be willing to bid on these as well if the price goes up... i also messaged him to see if he would be willing to sell them locally... if that's the case all i would ask for in return is half the amount i paid as a sort of security deposit. i would then send them to you and your friend could do the plans... i would also like to say that we could make some rudimentary copies from them as well to make our own design to test with... let me know what you think.

also lx-incredible has made obd0-obd1 adapters for the accord but the only problem is that we don't have the plate to test it with but the pinouts were followed to a t so i'm sure it will work just fine.

again let me know what you think... i won't bid unless needed, also you can bid and i can help with some money if it comes down to that. thanks!
For the mounts i have it covered and i have a working OBD-0 to OBD-1 i had it on my b20a setup using the stock a20a harness with slight mod's.I want to keep it simple as possible plug n play.

Sabz5150
12-22-2008, 04:18 AM
http://shadyone.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/expansionepicmount_op_800x683.jpg

Epic mounts :D

I'd love to see these things produced again... it would make me seriously consider a B in the coupe.

stat1K
12-22-2008, 09:59 AM
lol @ epic mount.... i saw a lifted chevy silverado the other day and when i got close enough to read the license plate it was

EPIC MT

i laughed til i pee'd a little it was so fuckin hilarious and random out of a lifted mud truck like that lolz.