PDA

View Full Version : What are the best ways to keep black paint up?

alanizgod
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah I've been told not to get black a thousand times...but it's just too goddamn sexy to pass up. HOWEVER I was wondering if anyone knew what types of cleaners/waxes I could use to keep it up. Personally if anything could be done by hand it would be better considering I'm lacking a buffer or anything like that...but if need be I guess I'll get my hands on one. Any suggestions?

ghettogeddy
12-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah I've been told not to get black a thousand times...but it's just too goddamn sexy to pass up. HOWEVER I was wondering if anyone knew what types of cleaners/waxes I could use to keep it up. Personally if anything could be done by hand it would be better considering I'm lacking a buffer or anything like that...but if need be I guess I'll get my hands on one. Any suggestions?

first you nedd to spray your trim with some satin black it would look damn sexy and not so gray lol

Low_Rida
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM

i dont know if you have ever heard of "back to black" but that works wonders

ghettogeddy
12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
i Dont Know If You Have Ever Heard Of "back To Black" But That Works Wonders

Not As Much As You Think Lol If You Saw Original Trim You Would Want To Mask And Paint Your Trim Lol Satin Black Ftmfw

cubert
12-20-2008, 04:08 PM
i dont know if you have ever heard of "back to black" but that works wonders

Im with Geddy...Ive never had real good luck with this stuff...

Low_Rida
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah my trim is wack atm and missing a peice on one side, but im gonna paint my multi color car after the bodywork is done before i worry about the trim, i was thinking either flat black, dusty grey or like a greyish pale blue.

alanizgod
12-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Actually I do use back to black...works fine but fades almost as easy as it seems to fix the problem. Painting it would probably be the only permanent way to keep it black. Anyway I went and bought meguiars gold class liquid wax and it works pretty well. It was either that or the clay bar but that was almost twice as much =/ The wax gives the car a deeper black look so it works for me:thumbup:

evil88accordLX
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM
the clay bar is an awesome paint cleaner/brightener if you have the time. ive owned 10 cars, 6 of which were black. the best way to keep your black looking black is to keep the paint clean and wax it regularly. i dont mean like every week, but like every other month or so. black is no different than any other color, its just darker so imperfections show up easier. and dont wax the car without removing the previous wax. wax can build up and look like some faded ass shit. dawn is good, as is any degreasing soap. just make sure your paint surface is throughly clean before applying the wax. i personally like the dupont with teflon myself.

alanizgod
12-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I'll consider buying the clay bar next time...the wax I'm using for the meanwhile will do. It's been raining a lot and I keep getting dirt and water spots all over my damn car so I might have to wait it out a bit

knarg
12-23-2008, 11:02 PM
clay bar works wonders. i use that and then wax over the clean surface with a good wax.