PDA

View Full Version : '88 Accord/PS Fluid Leak

RAYThOM
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey guys!
My PS fluid reservoir requires a few ounces of fluid every 3/4 days. With a small puddle of fluid forming a foot behind the driver front wheel it appears to be an obvious leak. DUH! I'm hoping it's not the rack, so what can I check other than the area around and under the reservoir which appears "relatively" dry. PS hoses? What's connected where? Thanks.
Ray

hikingmatt
12-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey guys!
My PS fluid reservoir requires a few ounces of fluid every 3/4 days. With a small puddle of fluid forming a foot behind the driver front wheel it appears to be an obvious leak. DUH! I'm hoping it's not the rack, so what can I check other than the area around and under the reservoir which appears "relatively" dry. PS hoses? What's connected where? Thanks.
Ray

That sounds like its coming from where the hose goes into the rack. There is a cover that should have 3 little holes in it. Remove it and check to see if that is where it is leaking. Hope its just the hose.

Demon1024
12-22-2008, 02:18 AM
take off the cover the lines go into and inspect in there. kinda odd to leak there. is the bottom of your p/s pump wet? in my exp they leak often, probably just my luck tho :)
:

MessyHonda
12-23-2008, 01:23 AM
you dont want it to leak near a heat source because it can cause a fire...my dx had to be put out by a fire extinguisher right when we pulled up into the honda dealership

DBMaster
12-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Before replacing the rack in my car there were leaks in numerous places. The one that finally required replacement of the rack left a trail of P/S fluid up my driveway and into the garage. It was in the valve area where the hoses connect to the rack.

snoopyloopy
12-23-2008, 02:16 PM
just let it go dry or else fill it and cap it off. our cars aren't really heavy enough to truly warrant ps. i don't even really notice the difference. mine all leaked out since last year and i've yet to do anything about it.