PDA

View Full Version : removing engine. need advice.

OldSkoolA20accord
12-23-2008, 10:27 AM
im pulin her out today. do i need to remove the axles or is there a way to do it with out taking them out?

i mean out of the car not tranny. i dont feel like having to take of both tires to get them out.

2oodoor
12-23-2008, 10:32 AM
yes there is a thread in faq I believe, how to remove but I think you still have to do the driver's side. What would be the point if you are going to be using custion axles anyway?
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7316

Josh89accord
12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
You have to take off the drivers side axle, and pull it out of the transmission. Then when you hoist the engine the passenger side should fall out with some effort. Its pretty simple.

Dr_Snooz
12-23-2008, 09:26 PM
When I did mine last, I removed the ball joint nuts and had enough play to get the driveshafts out of the tranny. Didn't touch the spindle nuts.

A18A
12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
iut's way easier if you pull the gearbox out with the engine, you only have to remove 1 axle from the gearbox & you should be able to pull the engine/gearbox out from the other axle when pulling it out. but i normally remove both axles from the gearbox before removing the engine so i dont have to piss around doing that

2ndGenGuy
12-23-2008, 11:26 PM
iut's way easier if you pull the gearbox out with the engine, you only have to remove 1 axle from the gearbox & you should be able to pull the engine/gearbox out from the other axle when pulling it out. but i normally remove both axles from the gearbox before removing the engine so i dont have to piss around doing that

Yeah you're going to all that trouble just pull the axles out. It adds like 5% more work ahead of time but will save 10% more work later.