PDA

View Full Version : So is the 3g community almost dead?

jdmaccordnut
12-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I stopped by with some questions a few years ago, and this place was poppin. Now barely anything gets updated. Have most people just moved on to newer cars? I sure see a lot of 3g's in the junkyard, too bad they're all beat up. What's funny is that I haven't seen a 3g in the junkyard yet that has LOWER miles than mine, I have 271,000 miles, most in the yard have like 130-180k. But yeah, what's the deal? It's still a great car.... you think the community woudl be getting BIGGER as more people need help, more people get computers, etc.

2drSE-i
12-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't say its dead, but its definately not as popular as 2-3 years ago. These cars are getting more and more "outdated" in a lot of peoples minds, so nobody is getting these cars anymore. I think most of the people left on this board are here to stay.

Rendon LX-i
12-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah thats true. But im still here and I always update the accord.

2oodoor
12-24-2008, 04:27 PM
doesn't look dead to me? Pretty slow these past three months though, as far as dailys. On the other hand, there have been a lot of old timers checking in in those same three months.
Very interesting point you make about the junkyard cars, I notice the exact same thing to the mile.

Tdurr
12-24-2008, 05:06 PM
all i see is autos in the jy, maybe a few 5 speeds... maybe that tells you something...
lol.
but i never saw this site poppin like everyone always talks about.. kinda wish i did...

2oodoor
12-24-2008, 05:13 PM
all i see is autos in the jy, maybe a few 5 speeds... maybe that tells you something...
lol.
but i never saw this site poppin like everyone always talks about.. kinda wish i did...

opposite for me, way more 5 speeds, go figure... you are only a hundred or so miles away.

it may liven up here tommorrow evening when everybody is home and the weather is punked,

cubert
12-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Its not as busy as it was a bit ago...but it seems like it always goes through its slow periods..

Just gotta wait for the next batch of folks to register and start asking the flipped lid question :lol:

Tdurr
12-24-2008, 05:23 PM
really roodoo? get shift knobs. and lots of them. Everytime u go to the jy just pop one in ur pocket lol.

2oodoor
12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
really roodoo? get shift knobs. and lots of them. Everytime u go to the jy just pop one in ur pocket lol.

lol yeah and the girls at the checkout will be asking if I am just happy to see them or do I have a stick shift in my pants.. bwahhh haha

MessyHonda
12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
most of the aftermarket companies dont make parts for our car anymore so no one wants to buy...now you cant cant some parts off honda cuz they stopped making them

Toneloc5145
12-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I've noticed that too. I've also noticed that I have a hard time logging on to the forum myself everyday, which wasn't true 2 or 3 years ago. I think people are becoming more and more busy and involved in their lives. I know ever since I started college I don't go online nearly as much.

gfrg88
12-24-2008, 07:07 PM
lol.

about a good 3 years ago was when it was popping!!

but yeah, toneloc is right, i think a lot of people are just busy in their life nowadays. I knw I for one dont come on here as often as I used to back in the day..

Pico
12-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Its not as busy as it was a bit ago...but it seems like it always goes through its slow periods..

Just gotta wait for the next batch of folks to register and start asking the flipped lid question :lol:

That is so true, In the 2 years I've been on the forum I've seen times when it's been really dead but all of a sudden it will pick up like crazy.
IDK but like toneloc mentioned since the forum goes offline so much people are just getting turned off about checking in. Myself I live on this forum and can't get enough of it

russiankid
12-24-2008, 07:15 PM
We just found solutions to all the bugs in these cars and now theres nothing to do but save money for upgrades.

lostforawhile
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't think it's dead at all, i'm on all the time and i've seen a number of new members. there are people on here who have very serious amounts of money and time invested in these cars. mine has been off the road for over a year in my garage,been doing serious work to it

Josh89accord
12-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm getting into it. My car has given me more headaches than most anything. I am going to get it right though, its an amazing car.

lostforawhile
12-24-2008, 07:38 PM
rememember things are slow in almost everything right now, with the economy and the fact it's the holidays, this is the busiest i've seen it on christmas eve in years actually.

Civic Accord Honda
12-24-2008, 08:34 PM
i miss how banging this forum was when i joined.. seems like once the database error crap started going on it started dying out lol.. the cars arent dead yet tho i still see nice ones all the time infact there is a nice LX sedan up here with a sweet paint job and lowerings

AccordB20A
12-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm getting into it. My car has given me more headaches than most anything. I am going to get it right though, its an amazing car.

your car must be carbed then if its giving you headaches lol

Dr_Snooz
12-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I think that the guys on here are so good that they are just kinda being translated into nirvana slowly. I'm hoping to get real good too so I achieve nirvana...

Steve_Si
12-24-2008, 09:45 PM
The 3G accord is getting old. Slowly but surely it will go from mainstream to cult following, I suspect it has already.

Dunno about in the USA, but over here if people want a cheap accord they can pick up a 5th gen. Unless you are attached in some way to 3rd gen accords then you might as well get the more modern car. They are better to own and drive. This place will never die though, cause the modern ones lack any sort of character or attachment value.

I will not miss my 5th gen Accord or Prelude when I move on, even though they are certainly better than a 3rd gen. Also I won't be buying another one of either of them. The 3rd gen I kept coming back too. If they made one with air bags and intrusion beams then I'd still have one.

lostforawhile
12-25-2008, 06:35 AM
part of the reason for the slowdown on here is the fact that the site is always crashing. I noticed the slowdown right after we started having major problems. it was really busy last night which suprised me on Chrismas eve, then BAM! database error.

2oodoor
12-25-2008, 07:44 AM
yeah hey jdmaccordnut what you reckon zup with the database error, seems like it has slowed things down a weeble

Low_Rida
12-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah i left for a few months and came back and i have noticed a big change in pace but I cant complain i still get answers you just have to be patient. 3Geez really is a life saver or i would have scrapped my car for 100$ a long time ago.

Dr_Snooz
12-25-2008, 12:15 PM
The 3G accord is getting old. Slowly but surely it will go from mainstream to cult following, I suspect it has already.

Dunno about in the USA, but over here if people want a cheap accord they can pick up a 5th gen. Unless you are attached in some way to 3rd gen accords then you might as well get the more modern car. They are better to own and drive. This place will never die though, cause the modern ones lack any sort of character or attachment value.

I will not miss my 5th gen Accord or Prelude when I move on, even though they are certainly better than a 3rd gen. Also I won't be buying another one of either of them. The 3rd gen I kept coming back too. If they made one with air bags and intrusion beams then I'd still have one.

Coupes have intrusion beams.

Steve_Si
12-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Coupes have intrusion beams.

Well that's 1/2 way there on my list of safety things. Unfortunately I would never be able to find one in New Zealand. Only ever seen one and it was LHD.

lostforawhile
12-25-2008, 12:43 PM
the hatch has some kind of beam in the door, thats why they don't have factory door locks, on the coupes and sedans theres a notch cut in the beam for the lock motor to fit

labeledsk8r
12-25-2008, 12:47 PM
the hatch has some kind of beam in the door, thats why they don't have factory door locks, on the coupes and sedans theres a notch cut in the beam for the lock motor to fit

coupes do not have power locks. infact i belive the 88-89 hatch door is the same as the 88-89 coupe door

Dr_Snooz
12-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Well that's 1/2 way there on my list of safety things. Unfortunately I would never be able to find one in New Zealand. Only ever seen one and it was LHD.

To each his own, but I for one am not thrilled about having a car filled with explosives aimed at my face.

Civic Accord Honda
12-25-2008, 09:14 PM
To each his own, but I for one am not thrilled about having a car filled with explosives aimed at my face.
word air bags FTL! they can completely distory a pumpkin =O so i dont want to know what they feel like on my fave

evil88accordLX
12-25-2008, 10:12 PM
word air bags FTL! they can completely distory a pumpkin =O so i dont want to know what they feel like on my fave

imagine getting punched square by chuck liddell, with a fist the size of a box fan.......

Steve_Si
12-25-2008, 10:15 PM
So you wouldn't want a bag full of air hitting you in the face?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sAjRRfSnyk

mushroom_toy
12-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Since I have been here well since I first came, I can tell traffic/new posts have died down a good bit, or at least it seems like it.

Demon1024
12-26-2008, 02:14 AM
database errors ftl! i didn't even get a chance to look at the new posts last night

I wish i had yalls luck. around here i can't find them in yards, just people that have them. and they won't sell them!

A18A
12-26-2008, 02:30 AM
^same here, except im lucky to just see one on the road lol

lostforawhile
12-26-2008, 07:21 AM
word air bags FTL! they can completely distory a pumpkin =O so i dont want to know what they feel like on my favethey will keep you alive,the pumpkin thing is totally out of context. they have saved countless lives,even a lot of hot rod guys who hate anything modern would love to be able to retrofit their cars. remember it takes that much force to counteract the force of you smacking the dash and windshield.

evil88accordLX
12-26-2008, 06:17 PM
they will keep you alive,the pumpkin thing is totally out of context. they have saved countless lives,even a lot of hot rod guys who hate anything modern would love to be able to retrofit their cars. remember it takes that much force to counteract the force of you smacking the dash and windshield.

dont get me wrong from my earlier post about chuck liddell, im glad my airbag went off. but that shit hurts.....

lostforawhile
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
dont get me wrong from my earlier post about chuck liddell, im glad my airbag went off. but that shit hurts.....yea but it's better then being dead. there are a lot of people alive today,who wouldn't be because their airbag saved their life. i hear people complaining all the time about i got a burn,ringing in the ear, broke my nose,bla bla bla. wouldn't anyone take those over the alternative? there have been a lot of people who walked away from "unsurvivable" crashes because of them. ok anyway back on topic.

Civic Accord Honda
12-26-2008, 07:23 PM
they will keep you alive,the pumpkin thing is totally out of context. they have saved countless lives,even a lot of hot rod guys who hate anything modern would love to be able to retrofit their cars. remember it takes that much force to counteract the force of you smacking the dash and windshield.
dont were seat belt then in crash u exit car thu front window then no need for air bag :D.. woulda happened in my old 3g since the seat belts would not stay buckled lol

Dr_Snooz
12-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry, still creeps me out to no end. Those things come at your face at something like 200 miles per hour. At the same time, you're heading toward it at 60 mph. I don't like those odds. Have your seat adjusted wrong, be reaching for the radio at the wrong time, have a low speed wreck, whatever and you're hamburger.

Tdurr
12-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Sorry, still creeps me out to no end. Those things come at your face at something like 200 miles per hour. At the same time, you're heading toward it at 60 mph. I don't like those odds. Have your seat adjusted wrong, be reaching for the radio at the wrong time, have a low speed wreck, whatever and you're hamburger.

lol

lostforawhile
12-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I noticed this thread seems to be down and depressing, I don't think the community is going anywhere, I think things are slow all over the country right now, it's that and the board constantly screwing up. Joe said he's going to run some diagnostics so maby that will finally fix it.

HondaSi88
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I check this site once a week..... since this was the first board i really got into
its hard to let it go.

I haven't had a 3g in damn near 5 years no.....8 or 9

gfrg88
12-31-2008, 10:03 AM
I check this site once a week..... since this was the first board i really got into
its hard to let it go.

x2

thanx to this board, I have learned a lot about cars.

carotman
01-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Well our cars keep getting older and older. The community will never die, just get more and more hardcore enthusiasts

Hash_man_Se_i
01-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I find as my life gets busier, and now that I am working full time again that I don't find myself logging on as much. I still have my 3g, and love it a ton.

However things like database errors, and repetative threads talking about the same crap over and over kind of get old too. I log in once every couple weeks now it seems and don't seem to have missed too much.

My accord modding bug will continue on though and I won't stop with my project until I am happy, whether this community is still kicking or not.

Cheeseburger
01-05-2009, 02:05 AM
http://www.htguide.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_fart2.gif:wave:hi

lostforawhile
01-05-2009, 02:17 AM
:cheers:

carotman
01-05-2009, 09:33 AM

Hey, B&W dude :p

2ndGenGuy
01-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Cheese! :rockon:

bank2me
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Maybe people are searching through old threads more? Everythinng has pretty much been covered in the old threads. I see alot of newcomers come on here but it does seem to have slowed down since when I became a member. I see a few 3geez in the yard near me but I think they are kind of dyin out just because people like the new stuff. Everybody wants new. Why get new though when something 20 years old works fine and is cheaper in the long run? I guess it is a status thing. I was gonna sell my car but I think I wouldve regretted it. 3geez 4 life ftw

thegreatdane
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM

Are you dead?

I'm actually surprised that about 140 individual members have logged on during the last 24 hours. I would have guessed around 20 members.
But there's not a lot of new members signing up anymore, everyone with a 3rd gen must have signed up already lol.

MIK3
01-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Man it's been a while...

Hate to see a thread like this even be created. Being my first automotive forum, I hope this place never lays to rest. Guilt bestows me in a healthy dose whenever I don't make my rounds on this website. Miss hanging out here. 3geez.com must live on! :)

jdmaccordnut
01-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Hopefully if traffic does die down they can archive this site for further use in the future.

lostforawhile
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Hopefully if traffic does die down they can archive this site for further use in the future.
aren't you just cheerful today. :hmph:

bank2me
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
aren't you just cheerful today. :hmph:

LoL:321:

lostforawhile
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM
i really ned to get mine doen,maby it will inspire some people. one thing we need to do as a community is to inspire these new guys joining the forum as to just what can be done. i see a lot of new names on here,but no one seems to really get to know them. Oh and our resident post whore is coming back!! CHEESE!! he's been working two jobs and has been really busy, he's out of the country for about ten days, but he promised he would be back and will start working on his car.

Dr_Snooz
01-10-2009, 10:49 PM
i really ned to get mine doen,maby it will inspire some people. one thing we need to do as a community is to inspire these new guys joining the forum as to just what can be done. i see a lot of new names on here,but no one seems to really get to know them. Oh and our resident post whore is coming back!! CHEESE!! he's been working two jobs and has been really busy, he's out of the country for about ten days, but he promised he would be back and will start working on his car.

We get a lot of single issue posters. They get the car running again and are gone. It's all good. The longer we keep our cars out of the junkyard, the more likely they will end up with someone who will love 'em.

MessyHonda
01-11-2009, 02:57 PM
yeah i wanted to tell this one guy about 3geez.....i saw him in the freeway with a body kit....lowered, rims, black paint job....i was super exited

AccordEpicenter
01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Im still around, plus my car and project are still going, as are alot of peoples