PDA

View Full Version : PRI mounts, Here's your chance.

nswst8
12-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Alright all, after reading the BS about the PRI mounts, here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is.

It was me who bought Robs mounts, after everything Rob has done for this forum. The treatment he received is clearly bullshit! He deserves an apology.

He deserves the the opportunity to raise the capital to complete his project. Good luck Rob. I can't wait to see the project completed.

Tommy tried to get you all some performance parts at practically cost and you screwed that up. If anyone could do this, Tommy has proved he has the resorces.

This is my offer, I will send these to Tommy to be R&Ded as soon as you all raise $600 dollars as a return investment fee and security deposit. On the condition the mounts are returns to me. After completion.

This way you all benefit from a community effort.

These mounts have already been modified to accept Hasport inserts.

Now, it does not matter to me if these mounts sit in my garage for the next 20 years. (I have my 2007 Supercharged 5.7 Tundra and am waiting for my Dodge Challenger SRT) And other business projects to keep me busy.

Post if you are in, $10 minimum non refundable deposit. $20 will get you all there faster.

And remember, I'm the one who sponsored the Golden eagle cam gear buy up front.

You all have been called, in or out!

nswst8
12-27-2008, 07:46 PM
This is where I will post the tally of funds. Your name has to posted here by me after funds clear to my bank account. Just like the Golden eagle group buy.

Paypal: [email protected]

Please provide screen name.

1. nswst8: $20 "PAID"
2. Picopop: $20 "PAID"
3. "JGT" screen name unknown $30 "PENDING"

Civic Accord Honda
12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
sweet hope to see this work out for the 3geezers ill throw in $10 when i have some money to spare

stat1K
12-27-2008, 07:56 PM
paypal? and if we don't raise 600 what happens? you gonna keep my 20 bucks. or give it to rob, i would rather have the latter.

lmk what's up.

nswst8
12-27-2008, 08:00 PM
paypal? and if we don't raise 600 what happens? you gonna keep my 20 bucks. or give it to rob, i would rather have the latter.

lmk what's up.

As stated, "Non refundable deposit"

Rob has been paid.

military mase
12-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Sup Phil ,ive been reading tha post and all. I don't need the mounts and all but once i get paid i'll thow some cash your way to help out ok

nswst8
12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Alright Brian, Glad to hear your considering keeping the project car.

military mase
12-27-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah i started back driving it and it has way to much potential for me to stop now considering i'm almost there now.

ghettogeddy
12-27-2008, 09:03 PM
This is my offer, I will send these to Tommy to be R&Ded as soon as you all raise $600 dollars as a return investment fee and security deposit. On the condition the mounts are returns to me. After completion

this is just coming form my head please dont take any of this as a personal attack or me talking shit i respect you as a person and you have done great things for this community
one of witch is the cam gear group buy witch was very successfully for the most part
and i have one on my hatch

this is were i think its gona go wrong your expecting people to pay you back for buying them when no one asked you to do so, the way i wrote it out was tommy got the mounts for doing the r&d hes gota get paid somehow

now me and Labeledsk8r are talking and if you wont agree to give them to tommy after
why dont you do a raffle like you did with the cam gears
every one that puts 10 bucks in gets a chance to win them
and you can buy as many slots as possible its only 60 people of course they still go to tommy before the winner but i think its the most effective way of getting people to donate

Civic Accord Honda
12-27-2008, 09:07 PM
this is just coming form my head please dont take any of this as a personal attack or me talking shit i respect you as a person and you have done great things for this community
one of witch is the cam gear group buy witch was very successfully for the most part
and i have one on my hatch

this is were i think its gona go wrong your expecting people to pay you back for buying them when no one asked you to do so, the way i wrote it out was tommy got the mounts for doing the r&d hes gota get paid somehow

now me and Labeledsk8r are talking and if you wont agree to give them to tommy after
why dont you do a raffle like you did with the cam gears
every one that puts 10 bucks in gets a chance to win them
and you can buy as many slots as possible its only 60 people of course they still go to tommy before the winner but i think its the most effective way of getting people to donate
yeah i was just talking to sk8r about this aswell.. i think a raffle would be best also

labeledsk8r
12-27-2008, 09:45 PM
allrighty looks like i got thrown into this.

First off let me say Phil you have done great things for 3geez in the past.
And i think everyone agrees that Rob cought way to much flank becuse of these mounts wich he did not deserve.

Now on the subject and im not trying to be an ass or anything im just being open minded.

the fact that your wanting everyone to pay off a set of 600 buck mounts for you doesnt exaclty seem fair to get a set of mounts blueprinted. i know you are a man of buisness and i know that makeing sometihng out of the deal helps ALOT.

The raffle idea was mine that every 10 bucks would be worth a raffle point etc etc i bet you get the point. the problem i know will arise would be that would do you get for droping the initial 600.. now i know no one asked you to but you did and your offering to help but at the price of 600. my idea could include a "interest" amount as in with the initial 10 buck donation another 3 (our around) buck payment with the donation is straight profit, this will motivate the comunity (becuse we all know how things like to fall threw on 3geez). so for ever 13 bucks put in 1 raffel point is added for each pearson the inital 10 is put in for the mount and the 3 is yours to keep, so you would make 180 out of this after makeing your 600 back, tommy will have gotten the blueprints after the full 600 is paied and then the mounts will be raffled off to the people that donated in the first place.. i see no one looseing in this way at all. and please dont mind my late night typeing spelling and well im sick in bed

i know im talking about this and its YOUR money, but mayby consider it doing it for the 10 each and raffleing it would be great but i could understand wanting a proft out of this even though it wasnt exactly asked really a 180 profit isnt to bad and knowing you helped would be good to ..

again this is by means no disrespect at all, im just tired of seeing all the arguments about these damn mounts

Rendon LX-i
12-28-2008, 12:16 AM

And i think everyone agrees that Rob cought way to much flank becuse of these mounts wich he did not deserve.

Now on the subject and im not trying to be an ass or anything im just being open minded.

the fact that your wanting everyone to pay off a set of 600 buck mounts for you doesnt exaclty seem fair to get a set of mounts blueprinted. i know you are a man of buisness and i know that makeing sometihng out of the deal helps ALOT.

The raffle idea was mine that every 10 bucks would be worth a raffle point etc etc i bet you get the point. the problem i know will arise would be that would do you get for droping the initial 600.. now i know no one asked you to but you did and your offering to help but at the price of 600. my idea could include a "interest" amount as in with the initial 10 buck donation another 3 (our around) buck payment with the donation is straight profit, this will motivate the comunity (becuse we all know how things like to fall threw on 3geez). so for ever 13 bucks put in 1 raffel point is added for each pearson the inital 10 is put in for the mount and the 3 is yours to keep, so you would make 180 out of this after makeing your 600 back, tommy will have gotten the blueprints after the full 600 is paied and then the mounts will be raffled off to the people that donated in the first place.. i see no one looseing in this way at all. and please dont mind my late night typeing spelling and well im sick in bed

i know im talking about this and its YOUR money, but mayby consider it doing it for the 10 each and raffleing it would be great but i could understand wanting a proft out of this even though it wasnt exactly asked really a 180 profit isnt to bad and knowing you helped would be good to ..

again this is by means no disrespect at all, im just tired of seeing all the arguments about these damn mounts

x2.

OldSkoolA20accord
12-28-2008, 12:35 AM

x3

Pico
12-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Im not one to say much or bitch about things I stay pretty much quiet about things on the forum where people bitch about not being able to get things made for the 3G.
Phil has done a great thing here by putting up his own money to get these mounts so they can get done for those who want to do a swap in their car.
The replies listed on here shouldnt be about what other ways the money could be raised but whether or not you're in on this so that the mounts can be made.
Phil is a trustworthy person and you shouldnt have to worry about anything else.
I'm in on this and I dont even care if I do a swap on my 3G.
Lets just get along on this for once without the bitching and crying and get things done right once and for all.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
12-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Getting people to pay for something that might not happen and then saying its non refundable if things dont go as planned isn't going to get anyone interested in throwing up money. In my opinion the easiest thing for the 3G community would be to have someone do everything on their own, get mounts and have them duplicated and sold once they are made. Although this might not be the easiest way for the person with the mounts wanting to make copies, you would make a large profit once everything is said and done. What you need to do is find out how much it will cost you to make a batch of 10 or 15 sets. Once you know how much it will cost you, then divide it by the amount of sets being made. I had a set and I was going to do this but I didnt have the cash upfront so I sold them. I found a shop that wanted $250 per set to have made, so I was going to sell them for $350-$400 for going through the trouble of getting the mounts and doing all the work to have them made and fronting up the money. If I would have done it then I would have made anywhere from $1,000-$1,500 for every 10 sets sold and $400 is pretty reasonable if your the buyer getting a set of custom made engine swap mounts for a car with no aftermarket support. Now if you or someone you know can make them for less, then your profit would be greater. You probably already know majority of what I just said, but I figured I would give an example of what I was going to do. Mainly what im trying to say is this. People aren't going to give money to a stranger in hopes that they might get something out of it, so if thats the only way it can be done then I dont think it will happen. Second is that there have been many chances for the people on here to get together and have things made, but only about 30% of them are actually willing to go further then just saying their in. The only way these mounts or any other parts will be made is if someone is going to do everything 100% on their own and then sell them after everything is done. Yes you have to put up a good amount of cash to do something like this, but if it's planned out right then you can also make a good profit and sell it at a reasonable price. But then again, this is just my opinion.

nswst8
12-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Here we go; I understand no one asked me to buy the mounts from Rob. But I did.

It doesn't matter to me if you all raise the capital or not. What matters to me is if this community can move forward or not. It’s that simple.

What motivated me to do so was because of the boneheaded remarks that are not justified by any means. Rob deserves an apology!

Again, Tommy was trying to do this community a favor and he informed this community of his intentions. Did he get the support to move forward with his efforts? I don’t believe he did.

It’s easy to come up with a lot of “good” ideas with someone else’s money. Yet when it’s with your money those ideas don’t look to good.

My fee for this service is the mounts, considering my hourly wage is $75/HR before I started my business.

As for being a stranger, I’m the one who fronted $5000 to get the Golden eagle group buy moving forward. (Member since Dec 2003)

I've even fronted the first $20.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
12-28-2008, 06:51 AM
I understand all of that, but the idea of everyone comming together to make things happen isn't going to work. Just like the cam gears, if you didnt front the money and go through dealing with golden eagle then it would have never happened. People on here will say they want things done but not many will actually go through with it when it comes time for cash to be needed. Like I said, in my opinion there is only one way for these mounts or any other parts to be made for this car, and thats if one person does all the dirty work on their own and then sells the stuff after its all done. Not too many people are willing to do what you did for the cam gears and put up a bunch of money and talk to companies and all of that.

2oodoor
12-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Phil, please do not let sideline comments sway your intentions.
You will recieve a sizeable contribution from me.

I trust that you will see this through to success no matter what. Everyone should keep in mind this could be a key event.
The availablity of these engine mounts makes the potential for having a 190+ HP 3rd gen Accord very easy and more reachable for many of us without funds for custom machine work to A20's. Plenty of parts around for these B series.

ghettogeddy
12-28-2008, 07:19 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67223

end
no need to send anythign to Tommy hes still buying the ebay ones

thank you phil for your contributions your no were near on trial but it might have been a hasty choice to buy them without talking to all the parties at hand

i do agree rob deserve apologies but the people that crossed the line are pritty much all nubs you wont hear a peep from them lol

i will apoligize if anything i said went the wrong way but it was not my intention
to do so

LiTtLe xOx BitT
12-28-2008, 07:27 AM
When all things are said and done, there aren't too many people who are actually going to do the swap, most people just like the idea of it. Yes, the mounts are a big part but there is still a lot more involved like custom axels, custom wiring, swapping to obd-1, etc.. People are only looking at one thing and thats the mounts. Add it all up: mounts, engine, tranny, wiring harnesses, clutch setup, ecu, axels, etc.. and if you have to pay someone to do the work its going to be double the price. Your looking at spending $1000 easily for all of it if you do your own work. Now how many people on here are seriously going to follow through with putting over $1,000 into a car that probably isn't even worth much more then that? maybe 10 or so. On top of that I would reccommend that if you increase the HP by 50+% you might want to look into upgrading other things like brakes, suspension, etc.. but then theres more money. Im not trying to sway anyones intentions, I think it's great that you want to help the 3G community and I think it's great what you did with the cam gears but this is a little different then the cam gears. If there are people who are serious about doing this and have the cash in hand to do so then maybe you guys can all work something out to have just a few sets made for yourself, but I gaurentee that 80% of the people that are saying they want them wont come through when its time to pay.

89T
12-28-2008, 07:52 AM
I can understand both sides so i wont comment.

I take this as you and TWOLOUDNPROUD have discussed this?

What is TWOLOUDNPROUDs thought's on all of this?

I will do what ever it takes to help the community.
I'll drop $20 once TWOLOUDNPROUD chimes in and gives us his thoughts and a formal agreement has been made.

2oodoor
12-28-2008, 07:55 AM
When all things are said and done, there aren't too many people who are actually going to do the swap, most people just like the idea of it. Yes, the mounts are a big part but there is still a lot more involved like custom axels, custom wiring, swapping to obd-1, etc.. People are only looking at one thing and thats the mounts. Add it all up: mounts, engine, tranny, wiring harnesses, clutch setup, ecu, axels, etc.. and if you have to pay someone to do the work its going to be double the price. Your looking at spending $1000 easily for all of it if you do your own work. Now how many people on here are seriously going to follow through with putting over $1,000 into a car that probably isn't even worth much more then that? maybe 10 or so. On top of that I would reccommend that if you increase the HP by 50+% you might want to look into upgrading other things like brakes, suspension, etc.. but then theres more money. Im not trying to sway anyones intentions, I think it's great that you want to help the 3G community and I think it's great what you did with the cam gears but this is a little different then the cam gears. If there are people who are serious about doing this and have the cash in hand to do so then maybe you guys can all work something out to have just a few sets made for yourself, but I gaurentee that 80% of the people that are saying they want them wont come through when its time to pay.

valid points, all of them but let's just not assume everyone has the same circumstances

take any "out of the ordinary" car .. examples like our 1,2 3rd gen Accords, Opel GT, Opel Manta, VW air cooled bugs, Buick T types, Mopar Supercoupes, just to name a few... they all have communities that keep the interest in the cars alive. Progress is always welcome in these groups, and much of it has to come from complete support of the group.. yet much of it is on the shoulders of a few. Many members here are still growing, they have entheusiasm but not as much resources. Give them time to grow and they will eventually be able to pull through. Just like the cam gears, at first it seemed like a lost cause but then look at the success, those that couldn't afford to help eventually came around with money and bought them. Hell even people that couldn't really afford them nor needed them even bought one or two!!
All the same, when somebody like Tommy or Phil steps up for the team we should give them support in any form they need it. Sure times are tough, and this project could take a year or two.. but at least it has sprouted legs and walking now.
Pardon the metaphor.... but.....The burden has been put in a place that is sustaining and strong, it is up to the members now to lift it, own it, and take pride in the communitiy accomplishment regardless if they utilize it or not.

stepping off soapbox now

89T
12-28-2008, 07:57 AM

I'll drop $20 once TWOLOUDNPROUD chimes in and gives us his thoughts and a formal agreement has been made.

nswst8
12-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Tommy can drop the $500 for the mounts, then another $100+ for the Hasport inserts. Or he can save his cash wait for the community to come through to share the burden of R&D cost.

It doesn't matter to me. This is just an offer to get the ball rolling.

nswst8
12-28-2008, 08:03 AM
valid points, all of them but let's just not assume everyone has the same circumstances

take any "out of the ordinary" car .. examples like our 1,2 3rd gen Accords, Opel GT, Opel Manta, VW air cooled bugs, Buick T types, Mopar Supercoupes, just to name a few... they all have communities that keep the interest in the cars alive. Progress is always welcome in these groups, and much of it has to come from complete support of the group.. yet much of it is on the shoulders of a few. Many members here are still growing, they have entheusiasm but not as much resources. Give them time to grow and they will eventually be able to pull through. Just like the cam gears, at first it seemed like a lost cause but then look at the success, those that couldn't afford to help eventually came around with money and bought them. Hell even people that couldn't really afford them nor needed them even bought one or two!!
All the same, when somebody like Tommy or Phil steps up for the team we should give them support in any form they need it. Sure times are tough, and this project could take a year or two.. but at least it has sprouted legs and walking now.
Pardon the metaphor.... but.....The burden has been put in a place that is sustaining and strong, it is up to the members now to lift it, own it, and take pride in the communitiy accomplishment regardless if they utilize it or not.

stepping off soapbox now

Here, here:bow::thumbup::bow::thumbup::bow::thumbup:

RobT5580
12-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Phil bought these for his personal collection with no intentions of getting into this. Personally if i was sitting on the other end of the computer without mounts a $10-$20 fee is peanuts and already people don't want to invest or want money back. Im not backing phils decision but he is doing this for you guys and if i didn't have the mounts i would give him the money regaurdless.

This is off topic and im sure many that are here don't realize but 3geez had financial issues years ago and it took a lot of people to donate to keep the site up and running. I donated $50 or $100 without question because back in the day this site provided me with a lot of "know how" and in the long run saved me a lot of money allowing me to do things myself. And im not backing phils decesion so don't think im pushing this but you guys don't seem to get the big picture of how things work around here.

And many may not know but i have invested a lot of money into my B20A research and i have found a lot of things that i could have kept to myself or sold kits to profit from easily but i gladly posted my information. I did this because we had a guy with a B20A (one of the first running in the us) trying to sell us a "how to" guide to get ours going. That pissed me off enough to a point where i give all my information for free. I was the one that brough the ARP studs, Quaife LSD, Ferrea Valves, and many more things to table. And i have spent thousands on my setup and i could have kept things to myself but im not about that.

ghettogeddy
12-28-2008, 08:49 AM
well as ive posted and no one seems to read tommy is buying the ebay ones unless phil has someone else lined to have them coppied the donation means nothing

russiankid
12-28-2008, 08:51 AM
well as ive posted and no one seems to read tommy is buying the ebay ones unless phil has someone else lined to have them coppied the donation means nothing

Guess you didn't read either. He said the highest bidder retracted his bid, so as of now Tommy stands as the highest bidder. The auction has not ended yet, therefore anyone can still bid. :argue:

stat1K
12-28-2008, 10:27 AM
As stated, "Non refundable deposit"

Rob has been paid.

no paypal information was stated so how do we go about paying you? posting if we are in means absolutely nothing.

also why is it non refundable? it should be refundable upon non completion, can you rationalize this a bit for me? if you have money to burn what's the difference? i don't make nearly 75$ an hour, about 59 dollars less than that and i'd say that my wage is about twice what most people here make lol... sad but true. i'll be waiting on an explanation if you care to give one. thanks...

nswst8
12-28-2008, 11:04 AM
no paypal information was stated so how do we go about paying you? posting if we are in means absolutely nothing.

also why is it non refundable? it should be refundable upon non completion, can you rationalize this a bit for me? if you have money to burn what's the difference? i don't make nearly 75$ an hour, about 59 dollars less than that and i'd say that my wage is about twice what most people here make lol... sad but true. i'll be waiting on an explanation if you care to give one. thanks...

This is up to you all as a community, my time and effort and the expense of refunding 20-30 deposits. My earnings are a scale to show what it cost me to cordinate an effort like this. If you all have the mounts run with it. Congrats.

Now if your pissed off at what I earn, oh well. This I don't have to justify to anyone.

As an investor I can pretty much run with any deal I facilitate. This is the advantage of having access to funds.

I'm just providing a means to an end. B series mounts.

And if your not happy with the arrangement don't support it. Simple.

If we didn't make it to completion funds would be donated to the 3gee foundatiion.

Support your community.

ghettogeddy
12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
This is up to you all as a community, my time and effort and the expense of refunding 20-30 deposits. My earnings are a scale to show what it cost me to cordinate an effort like this. If you all have the mounts run with it. Congrats.

Now if your pissed off I earn what I do, oh well. This I don't have to justify to anyone.

As an investor I can pretty much run with any deal I facilitate. This is the advantage of having access to funds.

If we didn't make it to completion funds would be donated to the 3gee foundatiion.

Support your community.

no not pissed off about what you make i can give 2 poops about that lol but i do make lil to nothing and if im gona toss a non refundable donation to something that i may not have to (at the moment) wouldent that be the correct action for the poor folk on the fourms

dont get me wont if tommy needs some donations i will gladly help specially if he wins them

2oodoor
12-28-2008, 02:09 PM

THIS is highly relevant to the current proposal, I agree.

nswst8
12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
To those that already donated, I have not yet accepted payment.

I'll wait until Tommy's input as to the status of the mounts.

If he has the mounts and moves forward with his plan, I won't accept the funds already sent. This way no one is out anything as of yet.

If it is still needed, my offer still stands.

I will ask that should Tommy have the mounts we all assist him with the cost. This way he is not shouldering the entire burden of R&D for the benefit of the community.

ghettogeddy
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
To those that already donated, I have not yet accepted payment.

I'll wait until Tommy's input as to the status of the mounts.

If he has the mounts and moves forward with his plan, I won't accept the funds already sent. This way no one is out anything as of yet.

If it is still needed, my offer still stands.

I will ask that should Tommy have the mounts we all assist him with the cost. This way he is not shouldering the entire burden of R&D for the benefit of the community.

sounds like a plan last i checked he won the bidding on ebay

stat1K
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM

Now if your pissed off at what I earn, oh well. This I don't have to justify to anyone.

Support your community.

k problem solved, i will not be one of the ones supporting your effort. and i'm not mad at what you make, i'm 22 years old... not surprisingly i'm sure you are a tad older than i, good luck in your endeavor however it may turn out.

nswst8
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Refunds issued.

Thanks all to who supported this effort.

nswst8
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
k problem solved, i will not be one of the ones supporting your effort. and i'm not mad at what you make, i'm 22 years old... not surprisingly i'm sure you are a tad older than i, good luck in your endeavor however it may turn out.

But, it seems your having alittle investor trouble, oh wow.

guaynabo89
12-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Sell em to me and I'll see about making duplicates with maybe a small production run of 5 or so. I have no intentions of putting a b in my accord but would do this if there was support

ghettogeddy
12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Sell em to me and I'll see about making duplicates with maybe a small production run of 5 or so. I have no intentions of putting a b in my accord but would do this if there was support

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67228

stat1K
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
But, it seems your having alittle investor trouble, oh wow.

don't know what that means other than i am having trouble putting money into a car i don't own? this is probably the lowest priority on my list currently...

nswst8
12-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Never had any intention of selling the mounts. Just making the comment about them needing to raise funds for their mounts.

ghettogeddy
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
don't know what that means other than i am having trouble putting money into a car i don't own? this is probably the lowest priority on my list currently...

then to be absultly ownest why are you here lol you dont own a 3g yet your complaing about something

lets just drop this mess tommy won the ebay mounts 4 of us donated 100 for them newest is fornt my part till the 9th

b series mounts shoudl be poping up in a few months

nswst8
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Who came thru for the last 2 spots for the members of this board?

2oodoor
12-30-2008, 04:24 PM

Civic owners beware:rofl:
why were you so concerned before then? hmph whatever...lets move on

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
alrighty then....

so let's see how Tommy makes out with the mounts. Do we know what member (if so) was actually auctioning them?

As Phil and others have mentioned, I would highly suggest (if you intend to one day exploit Tommy's efforts and buy a set of mounts made from his prints) that you either outright donate to offset his expense, or if he works out an arrangement with a fabricator for a g/b, that he thinks about taking upfront deposits to secure a spot on a first run, which would also help offset his out-of-pocket expense.

edit: Just to be crystal clear... I'm not telling anyone what to do, nor endorsing anyone in this project. I don't have any skin in the game on this, and can't involve myself as a 3geez staff member in endorsing sales/auctions/gb's etc someone wants to coordinate. That said, I do commend Phil for his generous offering. To think that 60 people (give or take) couldn't step up to the plate (especially if they're considering a B swap needing these mounts) is ridiculous. I have no intention of doing the swap, and have no interest in it, but if it came down to it I would be one of the names on that list of donors merely as a thank you for the cause. My hat goes off to Tommy and Phil for trying to trudge through this mess for the better of the board.

Side note. Guy, I can't believe you mentioned the GT right after the 3G. I've had 3 of them by now, and have yet to see one through completion. I WILL own another one. Damn you. ;o)

ghettogeddy
12-30-2008, 05:12 PM
alrighty then....

so let's see how Tommy makes out with the mounts. Do we know what member (if so) was actually auctioning them?

As Phil and others have mentioned, I would highly suggest (if you intend to one day exploit Tommy's efforts and buy a set of mounts made from his prints) that you either outright donate to offset his expense, or if he works out an arrangement with a fabricator for a g/b, that he thinks about taking upfront deposits to secure a spot on a first run, which would also help offset his out-of-pocket expense.

edit: Just to be crystal clear... I'm not telling anyone what to do, nor endorsing anyone in this project. I don't have any skin in the game on this, and can't involve myself in what sales/auctions/gb's etc someone wants to coordinate. That said, I do commend Phil for his generous offering. To think that 60 people (give or take) couldn't step up to the plate (especially if they're considering a B swap needing these mounts) is ridiculous. I have no intention of doing the swap, and have no interest in it, but if it came down to it I would be one of the names on that list of donors. My hat goes off to Tommy and Phil for trying to trudge through this mess for the better of the board.

Side note. Guy, I can't believe you mentioned the GT right after the 3G. I've had 3 of them by now, and have yet to see one through completion. I WILL own another one. Damn you. ;o)

well we got 4 people that are helping pay for the mounts and that are gona be getting a set of them for the 100

i really for some reason dont think there gone be super expensive

i dont think he would out him self that much money lol mabye a a few bucks like 100-200 max for all 4 but i dont see them being to much

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2008, 05:24 PM
damn, more power to Tommy if he's able to get someone to fab them up and sell them for $100-200 per set with bushings, etc. If that's the case then that's a damn good deal. I can't help but think that's a far cry from what he'll be able to get them for.

Anyway, what all the controversy over this thread boils down to is the cost at which Phil will offer up these mounts for fab work. Basically he was asking the community to come up with $600 for him to ship the mounts to Tommy for fab work, then have Tommy ship them back to him. If that was too much, that's a matter of opinion, and that's really all it is.

Everyone needs to remember that we're just all here for the progression of the 3G, and opening doors that otherwise wouldn't exist let alone be there but closed.

Let's just see what Tommy is able to come up with. I'm excited to know someone's enabling the B swap for members that couldn't get their hands on a PR set.

nswst8
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Just glad to have been helpful.

Happy New Year All.