PDA

View Full Version : 88 accord (carb) swap??

jmo22890
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
i got an 88 accord carbed and wanna do a swap..whats the best way to go that i can get some serious preformance?

thanks

Rendon LX-i
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
convert to FI

russiankid
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Serious performance? Don't buy a 3rd gen and get something that has aftermarket support.

Rendon LX-i
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Serious performance? Don't buy a 3rd gen and get something that has aftermarket support.

Thats to. get a integra or a civic

evil88accordLX
12-28-2008, 11:00 PM
if you dont want to convert to FI, get a weber and do the black box removal. also add a header and exhaust. the A20 doesnt come equipped with the proper breathing apperatusses (or apperati, fuck i dunno). the FI head has slightly bit more compression, and you can up that by shaving the head also. there are cam regrinds as well, but be advised that "serious performance" is not really in the 3gees vocabulary. if you want to do a complete swap, good luck. b-series mounts are hard as hell to come by, and anything else requires deep pockets and severe fabrication.

ghettogeddy
12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
if you dont want to convert to FI, get a weber and do the black box removal. also add a header and exhaust. the A20 doesnt come equipped with the proper breathing apperatusses (or apperati, fuck i dunno). the FI head has slightly bit more compression, and you can up that by shaving the head also. there are cam regrinds as well, but be advised that "serious performance" is not really in the 3gees vocabulary. if you want to do a complete swap, good luck. b-series mounts are hard as hell to come by, and anything else requires deep pockets and severe fabrication.

umm well we should have b mounts rolling around here pritty soon tommy won the ebay ones and the shoudl be paid for by about the 31st or so

Hauntd ca3
12-29-2008, 12:16 AM
as said below, if you want serious performance, buy a teg or an evo
if you want a car you can fix your self and have adequit performance, stick with the 3g
they are heap of fun and handle better than you'd expect.
and if you can wangle a b20a swap, they go pretty damwell

evil88accordLX
12-29-2008, 11:04 AM
umm well we should have b mounts rolling around here pritty soon tommy won the ebay ones and the shoudl be paid for by about the 31st or so

okay, i retract the hard as hell to come by statement. thats cool he won the auction and is willing to spec them to make copies.

ghettogeddy
12-29-2008, 11:14 AM
as said below, if you want serious performance, buy a teg or an evo
if you want a car you can fix your self and have adequit performance, stick with the 3g
they are heap of fun and handle better than you'd expect.
and if you can wangle a b20a swap, they go pretty damwell

in my fourms set below is the new post lol maybe you should check it out lol

as a matter of fact the mounts shoudl be paid for byt the 31st and i would guess seeing that the holidays are pritty much over it shoudl not take to long to get the copys going of couse you will still need to find axles and get the wiring but im sure now that the mounts are gona be available the rest should come behind pritty fast

im sure you will be able to be up to date with this thread
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67228

itzdave
12-30-2008, 12:54 PM
if really want a TON of power, here is your best option...

STICKERS!!!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/bigpastey/292976958l3hb.jpg

jmo22890
01-25-2009, 08:43 AM
i just ripped out this POS a20 carb'd shit and dont think it'll be too tough to drop the B20a into it. i'll post how it turns out. thanks