PDA

View Full Version : vac hoes

rfiks
12-29-2008, 10:10 AM
i need to renew all my vacuum hoses, does n e 1 know how long a hose i should buy because i dont wanna b going backn 4th to checker or otto zone. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Oldblueaccord
12-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I think if you buy the whole box they give you a bulk rate. It might be like 25 feet per box. I have no idea the size the lines are sorry.

wp

labeledsk8r
12-29-2008, 08:39 PM
just buy a box... can never have enough vac line

russiankid
12-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I keep 18ft of vacuum lines in my trunk. Its an old car with a carburetor, shit happens.

rfiks
12-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I keep 18ft of vacuum lines in my trunk. Its an old car with a carburetor, shit happens.

my car is carbed 2. what kinda shit??? my car revz at 3k and the only way to get thrpms down is to tap the gas pedal and if im lucky they'll go back down.

thanx for all the relies guyz!

ghettogeddy
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
my car is carbed 2. what kinda shit??? my car revz at 3k and the only way to get thrpms down is to tap the gas pedal and if im lucky they'll go back down.

thanx for all the relies guyz!

thats prolyl a prob with the choke

russiankid
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
That is normal operation for a carburetor. Seems as though some of your linkages are getting stuck. Pick up a bottle or two of carburetor cleaner from the auto parts store. Spray down all the linkages on the side of the throttle cable. Make sure the choke flap moves freely. If this doesn't solve the issue than you may need to adjust your choke coil. They become loose after a while. You will need to drill out the rivets and turn it so that it creates more tension on the choke flap. Then get some small bolts with a nut and use them instead of rivets.

rfiks
01-01-2009, 10:02 PM
That is normal operation for a carburetor. Seems as though some of your linkages are getting stuck. Pick up a bottle or two of carburetor cleaner from the auto parts store. Spray down all the linkages on the side of the throttle cable. Make sure the choke flap moves freely. If this doesn't solve the issue than you may need to adjust your choke coil. They become loose after a while. You will need to drill out the rivets and turn it so that it creates more tension on the choke flap. Then get some small bolts with a nut and use them instead of rivets. i drenched the throttle linkages w/ carb cleaner and anything that resembled a spring, no changes:sad2:. choke flap moves with eeze and all vac hoes seem 2b connected. i reely dont wanna take apart and adjust the choke coil ile give it a shot! TY!