PDA

View Full Version : help me       

micky
12-31-2008, 09:48 AM
hi guys i have one question
how many kilometers are required to sit an engine after a repair?
will change
valve seal
packing the head of the engine, rectified the valve guides change the rings
After that throws a lot of smoke
tanks
happy new year 09

nswst8
12-31-2008, 05:42 PM
It should not be smoking after that type of repair.

What color is the smoke and how long does it last?

micky
01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
the smooke color is withe and long everey
and turn it lasted all the way
thanks

russiankid
01-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Sounds like condensation. Just drive the car a little bit.

micky
01-02-2009, 01:15 PM
takes so many days, and my question is how many kilometers must pass in order to take away the smoke?
exaust become impregnated with the oil from the previous time it may be that the smoke is still coming out of this oil is heated

russiankid
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM
You shouldn't have any smoke after those repairs unless you have other problems.

Lil Mike
01-02-2009, 02:10 PM
takes so many days, and my question is how many kilometers must pass in order to take away the smoke?
exaust become impregnated with the oil from the previous time it may be that the smoke is still coming out of this oil is heated

sounds like something else if it was oil in the exhaust still it would be a blue smoke.

blue smoke = oil; black smoke = unburned fuel; white smoke = condensation or water.

a little off topic. but when i switched the exhaust from a old atv to a new one the new atv started smoking because the old one burned so much oil it coated the exhaust.

micky
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
blue smoke = oil; black smoke = unburned fuel; white smoke = condensation or water.

the smoke color is between white and blue

rjudgey
01-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Could be just a mixture of everything. Should settle down after 1000miles maybe less depends on how you honed the bores and gapped the rings. Also did you rebore or just hone the original bores and use stock size pistons and just used stock size rings without hand gapping them??

Whats the outside temperature when you were starting the engine as if it was at night and chilly or quite warm and hot??

rjudgey
01-03-2009, 03:44 AM
oh also did you have the head skimmed and the block decked to make sure it's flat?? If not could be a warped head or block and maybe coolant is leaking into the bores this normally produces a smoke shield effect type cloud out the exhaust though so probably not that unless it's only leaking a little. What specs did you torque the head down to once it's warmed up to full temp and run for a little you should let it cool down and retorqe the head bolts again, i allways go a little higher than stock at 65lbft i'd do the same just to make sure it's sealed nice.

micky
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Could be just a mixture of everything. Should settle down after 1000miles

1000miles=km?????