PDA

View Full Version : stripped lug bolt...?????

3rdGenNewbie
01-10-2009, 08:00 AM
so i just bought this 87 accord hatch lxi not but a few months ago. n yesterday i was painting the wheels. when i got to the last wheel, and the last lug nut i came to find out that it was completly stripped barely hangin on.
so my question is, do i need to replace the hub?/pull the suspension off to get the lug bolt out( that is if its pressed)?/ or since its on the rear drum am i able to take the drum off n just replace the bolt(again if its pressed)??? any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
ive read through the DIY section and i didnt find any info there.
thank you
:help:

carotman
01-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Since it's in the rear, it's easy to just replace the stud

Rendon LX-i
01-10-2009, 08:18 AM
take the drum off and wack that stud out and put the new one in get a nut BIGGER then the stud itself, then screw on your lug nut and tighen to flush. put the drum bad on and your done. Make sure you use anit-sieze

3rdGenNewbie
01-10-2009, 08:27 AM
you guys rock thank you....i thought that was all i needed to dp i just wanted to make sure....thanx!!!:werd:

markmdz89hatch
01-15-2009, 03:04 PM
take the drum off and wack that stud out and put the new one in get a nut BIGGER then the stud itself, then screw on your lug nut and tighen to flush. put the drum bad on and your done. Make sure you use anit-sieze

Ren, could you explain? I don't follow the bigger nut thing?

Won't he have to take the hub/bearing assembly off the spindle in order to get the stud out though? Still not a big deal at all, but I thought it needed to come off.

Side note: Welcome 3rdGenNewbie