PDA

View Full Version : I'm no longer a 3g owner.

dlr1989
01-10-2009, 10:50 AM
At about 11AM CST this morning, I sold my 1989 Accord LXi Sedan to my brother. It should be a good home for it. It was sad to see it go after having it for 19 1/2 years, but the time to move on to newer technology has come.

I made one final drive in the 3g on Sunday afternoon and decided that in some ways the 3g is more fun to drive than my 2009 EXL V6 w/NAVI Sedan. The 3g is a lighter more agile car than the bigger heavier 09. On the other hand the new sedan is rated at 151 horsepower more than the 3g. That HP increase is notable in the way the car drives. Also the 09 has a lot more creature comforts and toys to play with. The voice activated navi/audio/climate control/bluetooth cell phone interface is very cool.

My 3g may be gone but I will still check things out here at 3geez from time to time, simply because I like the group here better than on any of the other Honda forums I have found so far.

Toneloc5145
01-10-2009, 10:56 AM
At about 11AM CST this morning, I sold my 1989 Accord LXi Sedan to my brother. It should be a good home for it. It was sad to see it go after having it for 19 1/2 years, but the time to move on to newer technology has come.

I made one final drive in the 3g on Sunday afternoon and decided that in some ways the 3g is more fun to drive than my 2009 EXL V6 w/NAVI Sedan. The 3g is a lighter more agile car than the bigger heavier 09. On the other hand the new sedan is rated at 151 horsepower more than the 3g. That HP increase is notable in the way the car drives. Also the 09 has a lot more creature comforts and toys to play with. The voice activated navi/audio/climate control/bluetooth cell phone interface is very cool.

My 3g may be gone but I will still check things out here at 3geez from time to time, simply because I like the group here better than on any of the other Honda forums I have found so far.

Sad to hear man, but driving the same car for 19 1/2 years is a respectable thing (albeit you have other cars as well). Glad to see its going to a good home though.

jdmaccordnut
01-10-2009, 12:31 PM
I can't stand the newer hondas. They all feel so fat and heavy in comparison. I wish they'd make something like the 3g again... I still have my 3g, but I replaced it with a 96 Acura Integra Sedan SE 5spd. Same size, same weight, and a tad more power. Even the HVAC system is almost identical. So far I'm really liking it, but I miss the 3g's chunky styling. It just looks so fresh after all these years of jellybean cars.

Ueno Station #54
01-10-2009, 03:14 PM
My old '99 Accord was probably last generation that felt similar to my '89. After that things just really changed a bit too much for my liking.

codyJDM
01-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Sad to see it go, but at least it's going to a good home and you aren't leaving the Honda scene :cheers:

AccordB20A
01-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Indeed you kept a car so mint for so long. win

MessyHonda
01-11-2009, 02:49 PM
well at least its in the family....what are you going to do with all the extra parts you had for the 3gee

dlr1989
01-11-2009, 05:38 PM
well at least its in the family....what are you going to do with all the extra parts you had for the 3gee

All the 3g stuff is going to my brother as I find it. In almost 20 years I have stuff tucked away a lot of different places and it is taking a while for me to find it all. He already has most of it. He is talking about putting the body kit, spoiler and fog lights on the car. It will be nice to see the car done up with the stuff I bought for it.

As far as spare parts go, I just didn't have that many. The car was so reliable that I never had any need to collect much in the way of parts. I gave him a list that detailed current issues with the car, last maintenance and things fixed over the 19 1/2 years I had the car. The list was just over a page long. I am astounded at how short that list is for a nearly 20 year old car.

He knows the car well any way since he has been my goto person for a lot of mechanical stuff on all my vehicles and has worked on the car a number of times.

It is going to take a while for me to adjust to seeing the car somewhere without me in it. I was exiting the car was in my 09 Accord this afternoon and spotted a blue 3g in line waiting to enter the car wash and thought "I have one just like that! Wait! It is mine! Oops, not any more."

I did make sure he knows about the 3geez forums.